Reviews for Daddy Dearest
the Honeycomb chapter 14 . 23h
Wow. Is it too terrible that I loved the gore? That felt like vindication to me. But I'm also very glad that you took something that initially seemed to be innocent, the voices in her head, and developed them into full blown psychosis. And she's getting real help.
I'm not pleased that her punishment was so harsh -did they really have to forbid her from using magic?- but with the last few lines I understand; Tom was genuinely afraid of her. He underestimated her, belittled her in his mind, and she turned out to be a murderer likely capable of much than he.
Overall, this story was gripping and fantastical and suspenseful (but more of a slow burning suspense instead of quick jump-scare terror) and thrilling. 10/10!
the Honeycomb chapter 12 . 7/18
Well...crap. Who opened the gambling pool? Shut it down I'm broke. But I was so close!
the Honeycomb chapter 6 . 7/17
You know, as awkward as that little "romance" scene was, I'm so very grateful for it because now I'm more confident that Hermione hasn't been sexually abused. This is all quite fabulous by the way! I'm glad you don't have cheesy cliffhangers and that you keep intrigue and mystery as essential to the plot. Thank you.
the Honeycomb chapter 3 . 7/17
Hoooooly crap. I think I spoke too soon about the physical abuse.
On a lighter note, I ADORE how you incorporate characters from the novels she's reading into imaginary friends of sorts. I am curious how she came to find these titles in a pureblood household.
the Honeycomb chapter 2 . 7/17
Ok I'd like to place my bet that Hermione is either not a biological Malfoy at all yet Lucius still treasures her for some reason, or that Lucius had an illicit affair with a non-pureblood and that's where the distinction of "your son" vs "my daughter" comes from. Put me down for all or nothing on the illicit affair, I feel like gambling.
What strikes me as very odd (and I'm surprised we haven't seen evidence of this yet) is that she wears the mask in house (you'd think the servants and family would know already that she looks different) and her common trembling. It's not necessarily terror-trembles, but moreso unease. I expected to see some abuse, either verbal or physical, from the dad; I was even afraid to see sexual abuse, but so far just animosity from her brother. It's amazing that there is no interaction between Narcissa and Hermione, WHICH brings me back to AFFAIR! Boom. Solved it.
the Honeycomb chapter 1 . 7/17
OooOOoH I like this! So intriguing!
aunt bell is nice
treble clef EGBDF FACE
BELLA OHMAHLAWD
Lisamalvina chapter 14 . 4/9
Holy sheep! This was so good! Thank you so much for writing this!
curiousluna chapter 14 . 2/23
I really enjoyed this, it was clever and wonderful. Thank you!
Wow
esthe chapter 14 . 2/11
Crazy...
YourVeryOwnRandomCatLady chapter 14 . 2/6
so glad she got the help she needed! but eww! forced cannibalism
belleepoque7 chapter 14 . 2/5
That was such a wild ride at the end! Quite unexpected! Overall, I very much enjoyed the story!