Reviews for Time
warzonecall chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Evil and good and light and shadow. It is a very powerful image how she goes from leading to being led by him! Amazing piece and quiet the opera here also angst, need to say it brought tears in my eyes.
Rainpelt The Doctor chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
Light and Shadow. Evil and good. Oppisites attract. If Ganon was really aiming for combining Light and Shadow, he should've shipped Midlink.
MidnightFenrir chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
An interesting developement you have given us here. I didn't really know what to expect but you've done something really good to read! Keep it up!
ican-whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
The imagery and symbolism you use makes this even more beautiful than the concept of forbidden, agonising love. I love it.
slimjim15 chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
HOLY CRAP. This almost brought tears to my eyes. This really makes me sad, but in a good way. I want them to be together SO BAD, but they can't. THEY CAN'T AND IT BREAKS MY HEART. The summary drew me in and the story captivated me and broke my heart. INSTANT FAVORITE!
bri-notthecheese chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This was great! I love Link x Midna stories, and I love how their names were actually never spoken in this. Great job!
Combobulated chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Loved it! The progression of their dance; how Midna goes from leading to being led, is a very powerful image (and very true, I think!). This is a great portrayal of how their relationship changes through their adventure and it's beautifully written. Bravo! :)
Bazooka-Ed chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Awwwwww! This is SO cute! I love it! I really consider you the queen of LinkxMidna stories, you know? I wonder why this story didn't show up in my email... If it did, then something must have made me not notice it, and that's sad. It's a good thing I found it now! Amazing piece!
SkywardDiamond chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Here I am! I just had to stop by and read as soon as I heard you wrote this. I knew you’d deliver, and wow did you ever!
I like the mention of “where she leads her foot.” Normally the man leads in a dance, yet Midna seems to have the upper-hand. At least for now.
I love that you emphasize Link’s initial wariness and confusion over what Midna is about. But it changes…
And then she relinquishes her position as leader. No one else but Link :) No one else ever!
“fierce yet gentle form.” Link to a tee.
“but a petal which flourishes despite the sun's timidness.”—Amazing!
“so, like fools, their lips remain sealed.
They don't speak their thoughts.” –Perfect.
“He shines, he is an orb of wonder, and she is addicted to the one element which destroys her. The shadow begins to disappear. It has become too bright.”—This is such a beautiful line. It confused me at first but I think I get it now :p
“They simply aren’t meant to be….We cannot be together, we cannot be together, we will never be together.” –you’re breaking my heart, lady.
First Link is weak and Midna is strong, then the tables turn. I love how you did this. First he hopes she will love him and then she is the one wallowing in fear and unworthiness.
I love the inclusion of the word “shatter” for both Midna and Link and how it looks toward the shattering of the mirror and the destroyed possibility of them being together, and their worlds, essentially.
“It is truth.
And it is ugly.”—Damn. You got that right.
Wow, the emotion really swelled and intensified, and reaches a boiling point with, “She will never be the same again, never feel complete, never will she love again. Never, never, never…” I love this and it kills me!
And their tragic dance which was doomed from the start comes to an end. Midna falls and the darkness takes over.
That last line is just…poignant.
I really like the contrasts here. Light and dark, weak and strong, dominance and submission, intensity and control, average and glorious, worthy and unworthy, rough and soft, fast and slow (like a dance). I love Midna’s inner turmoil over loving the hero chosen by the ones who banished her people, as if she, this magnificent, royal beauty, isn’t good enough for this farm boy. Imagine! :O
All in all, I don’t know of anyone else who writes Midna/Link angst better than you. In fact, I’m not sure I know of anyone who writes Midna and Link better. Your writing is superb, and you really get these two. It’s all very metaphorical yet it makes perfect sense and it just CAPTURES this incredible, haunting thing known as MidLink. The sheer intensity you portray is just BAM and you get it, you just get it :) Because they are intense, in this subtle sort of way. They’re intense and so right together yet they keep quiet. Their lips are sealed, as you said. It’s like they’re standing there in the middle of a frickin tornado just staring at each other as the truth whips around them.
In terms of writing style, I really like the combination of short and long sentences (another contrast? :D). And of course this entire thing flows so beautifully, just like a graceful yet heartbreaking dance. Incredible writing and so deep, really. I love it. I think every sentence deserves to be picked apart and analyzed for their sheer awesomeness. But my review would become a novella.
If you can get my emotions reeling and wow me this much then you’re a fabulous writer :D And you, my dear, are fabulous! *TWO THUMBS UP*
Ben1in chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Yet another great story of Romance/Angst between Link & Midna! This one was really great. I loved it. Can't wait for your next love stories/chapters of Link & Midna! (Btw, I am the "The Fierce Hero")
B chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Holy shit. This seriously brought tears to my eyes..This is beautiful.
KnickKnackKitKat chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Woah! This was absolutely fantastic! :3 First of all, the minimal dialogue between the characters I think shows a lot more depth and characterization than if they had spoken (of course, most metaphorical pieces go that way). I absolutely love how it shows Link's growth, and how at first he is clumsy but gradually gains great strength, something that can overshadow even Midna.
And I love the metaphor of the dance because of how flexible it is! :) Dancing is a representation of intimacy and romance, and while they could be literally "dancing" or dirty "dancing" (because I'm 99% positive that SOMEBODY thought that. .) or not at all, this whole metaphor makes me see not only the development of Link and Midna as characters, but development of their relationship. From the budding, klutzy beginning to the sad, broken end, in which both parties are left too distraught to dance another step.
This is a really inspiring piece and I absolutely love it! :3 Fantastic diction and a fantastic piece! Keep it up!