Reviews for Keeping It Real
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Wow, he really busts her chops. But it's how I imagine any first officer would be. Good job.
ghosteye99 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
That 'OK' from Chakotay says a lot. A good, fearlessly probing Coda to Killing Game.
hester4418 chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I always like episode additions, gap fillers and the like. You did a great job pointing out the ethical dilemma and all the repercussions that could ensue. Very much in character, too. Congrats on a job well done! :-)
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Great piece of writing. I like how it foreshadows the season 7 episode "Flesh and Blood". Also loved bit about the Doctor writing an opera. That made me laugh! Interesting how you've written it in the present tense. Different and it works well in this instance.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Nice challenge of one of the more baffling command decisions of Janeway's in the course of the journey. And nice, in-character abandonment of same by Chakotay, in virtually the same breath as he points them out. I do wish he had stuck to his guns (WW2 edition or otherwise) more often ... it would have made for a more equal relationship in the long run.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
And it turned out that Chakotay was right. If you think about it, Janeway's actions at the end of this episode are very similar to Kirk's in 'A Private Little War'.

That was superb, thank you!
quantumsilver chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Adored. Your preference for Chakotay's wisdom over Janeway's short-sightedness peaks through your dialogue here, but it isn't out of place in the slightest against this episode backdrop. Questions have to be posed, arguments raised, and I'm glad realists like you exist to ask them. WE CANNOT EAT CAKE ALL THE TIME. Sometimes, there needs to be real meat to sink into.
You still smoothly wove a tale of two people who respect each other disagreeing and doing so more adultly than they did on the show once or twice. As always, I love the style in which you did it. Nicely done!
mabb5 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Interesting perspective. Please write more.