Reviews for nine2five 1,17 Nomad
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
I'm so glad you had Dr. Dreyfus confront Chuck about the whole "I don't deserve them" thought process/ meme that drove some of the angst in the story. I really liked the line "It's easy to respect choices we agree with". So much truth in that exchange. Now when does Sarah get to hear it? ;) Good point about the Kama Sutra and Shaw and I absolutely loved Carina's line. Thanks.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Cray.
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
Huh. Well I'll be. You took Chuck and Shaw's fight and made it Chuck v. Chuck. Also, Merlin!
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
Damn. The first time Sarah says she loves Chuck, it isn't even to Chuck? It's like telling your real name to a dude you've been banging for only a couple weeks-oops. Too late.
resaw chapter 4 . 9/11/2013
So was Uncle Fester... LOL.

So, how does Ellie know that Chuck got rid of Carmichael? Isn't Chuck still unconscious, and wasn't that "battle" a purely internal battle within himself, with the occasional verbal outburst like, "All ballerinas are tall"?

Wow, that was a bold and tough confrontation between Casey and Alex. Again, a familiar set of moves by Alex from the show but in a completely new context that I thought was really well done.

Okay, so Shaw died, but the Ring reanimated him with the Carmichael persona they took from Chuck when they were doing their "experiment," right? Somehow you found a way to bring "Shaw" back like he was brought back in the TV series, but with a unique twist. (I hope I'm understanding this correctly!).

Thanks for a great episode.
resaw chapter 2 . 9/10/2013
I like some of the references to Tooth in here. Also, I really liked, and laughed out loud, at the situation Beckman found herself in, with no cover from Sarah over Chuck's remand/commitment to the psych unit.

This is a very well thought-through statement, of universal human significance, I think: "It's not your business to decide what Sarah deserves, Chuck. You think you're being modest but what you're really doing is telling her that she's wrong, taking away the thing she's already said she loves and trying to replace with something you think is better. What she deserves, Chuck, is a husband and a partner who respects the choices she makes."

Morgan and his loose lips... but nicely done. Very "organic."
resaw chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Ellie's intruder is... Charles Carmichael(?). No idea about the Nomad reference. A gripping chapter.
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
Great chapter. So Chuck has one version of Carmichael and Shaw has another and it's that one that's causing all the trouble. Orion isn't happy about Church. Alex took the news about Casey badly. I loved her beating him up. So now Shaw and the other bad guys have Chuck, Sarah and Ellie. I can't wait for what comes next. Thanks for the chapter.
ChuckFanForever chapter 4 . 5/13/2013
So Shaw has been revived as Charles Carmichael! The Carmichael virus has found another host! This is getting very interesting!
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/9/2013
Wow. That was awesome – even if you are making us workout our cliffhanging muscles. The majority of the episode was very suspenseful and now I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next.
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Though it was Carmichael who hit Sarah, I'm sensing this could still be bad for Chuck. Have to wait and see! However, there's much bigger concerns and what a cliffhanger! I like the compactness of moving directly into the new complications with the kidnappings, with no down time from the previous chapter. Again, having the Ring steal Carmichael from Chuck and reanimating him in Shaw is pretty mind blowing! When's the next update?!
Sudden Radiance chapter 3 . 5/7/2013
I'm a bit speechless about what has happened here, in a good way of course! I have no idea how you envisioned locking Carmichael into the Intersect! Again, Dreyfus seems to understand what is happening in real time which is a good use of his character. Wow!
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
I loved how this chapter is so action packed. Orion and Diane in a Stare down. Chuck reenactment went well and both Casey and Carina are suffering trank headache. I loved how Sarah was hit by Carmichael and was rushed with Ellie to the hospital. Chuck was sans Carmichael now was awaking in his house. Casey is confronted by Alex in front of the other janitors. Manoosh and Orion speak to each other. Then Shaw reappears as Carmichael. Please conti
garnetflint chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Augh! The return of stoneface Shaw! Ellie/Sarah in captivity. It seems like the pot is about to boil
over. Once agin nicely done. The intersect is behaving badly, not because of design issues, but because of Ring intervention. I'm going to have to read this whole story over in one sitting when it is all finished.
PeterOinNYC chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Another fantastic chapter that ramps up the interest intensity for me. But not just another cliffhanger - the mother of all cliffhangers. And so many! Alex & Casey; Sarah & Ellie; The Ring; the brain waves and of course Chuck & Charles. Oh yeah, and I cry no fair to Carmichael being in Shaw's body - they are BOTH dead. Or maybe not? I'm assuming that it was "Shawmichael" that originally assaulted Ellie but am thoroughly confused as to how Carmichael can be in two places - Chuck's mind & Shaw's body - at once. And who is going to decipher the brain wave riddle first? Manoosh does love a challenge after all.
You had said that all hands would be on deck and that's clear now. Bring it!