Reviews for Decline and Accept
uponaraindrop chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I apologize for butting in like this but I'd like to clarify a sentence that I fear could be interpreted negatively.

" Everyone fails, though, and I look forward to future works, no matter your writing style."

For the above statement, I was NOT implying that your writing style "failed" and when you read my review, I hope you don't interpret it as such. I do think it was a bit rough, but I'm really eager seeing you branching out and experimenting with your writing. That's what I was trying to get across.

I just didn't want to give you the impression that I thought this was horrible and that you should never try this again.
uponaraindrop chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I have to disagree with you; I think you should try new writing styles! Even though it may be silting and rather debilitating at first, exploring new writing perspectives helps you grows as a writer.

Just as "Inarticulate" suggested, you're quite succinct with your words. You choose them carefully and add just a bit more detail so that the readers are able to paint a picture of the story themselves. Next time, I recommend adding more depth to the character's emotions. Sometimes, I felt it was a bit too wooden and I had a hard time reaching in and connecting with Ryoma's pain and Tezuka's heartache. Sometimes being too compact can squeeze out some much needed character characterization.

For me, it was your portrayal of Tezuka that really stood out. At first, I was rather puzzled as to why Tezuka was behaving so mushy, so attached to Ryoma. Tezuka's passion is tennis, not Ryoma, so why was he so comparatively... lovey-dovey, almost?

As the story progressed, however, it dawned on me that perhaps Tezuka's passion had simply switched. Has some of his love for tennis transferred to a love for Ryoma? Is that it? What do you think?

It's always hard trekking out a new writing style. Everyone fails, though, and I look forward to future works, no matter your writing style.
Sloff chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Quite beautiful.
Ciel Squish chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Ok, if this is a new writing style you did a flippin' awesome job. I think this is 'LJ' style right?

It's like...Sad and wonderful at the same time. You make the little tiny angst bit start to sink and then something happens and it's gone. So...it's bait-angst. Yes.

You know that part where Ryoma came back the second time and Tezuka had already left for the US open? I'm not sure if Tezuka planned it like that or what to teach him a lesson or something...and I know it's supposed to be another bait-angsty bit (except Ryoma's smirk makes everyone un-sad) but but but but but. but. BUT.

I SERIOUSLY CAN'T HELP TWITCHING AT WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY THAT WAS. I MEAN A PLANE TICKET IS A LOT OF MONEY YA KNOW! Gah, I don't like spending money needlessly...(I'm sorry this trait of mine is just...genetics I guess...)

Well anyways this is really awesome and cool and well-written and so totally in with LJ style. and the only bad thing I have to say about it (I don't even think it's a really bad thing) is the fact that you said THRILL once in the entire fic. And because I'm a thrill-pair-a-holic I'm scolding you for it. :P
animelover4ever69 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
It was still very good. ;)
Shadowhawk chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
It's awesome! I can stop grinning and you should have made them kiss also...best wishes and regards...thank you for makings my day brighter. *_*
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2013