Reviews for Monsters
paramorebrighter chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
SOOO well written! I really enjoyed your story! Jim and Castle have a lot in common, you did a great job exploring it.
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
I liked this parallel. I am always trying to find original fics (unless it is a good fluff/family fic, I am a sucker for those) that are good, and I like this very much! At first I thought that Alexis was a police officer or something, what with Castle being afraid in the night, but then you mentioned she was in a dorm...

Anyway, bottom line is: I enjoyed this story!
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
This was so sweet and the parallels shone through. I'm glad you found this and posted.
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Aw, I love this. Great job!
Beetlebug chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I really liked the idea behind this one. The parallels were great.
KrissaBelle7 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
This was absolutely precious! I loved each and every scene ;) great job capturing these little father-daughter moments...
Twisha chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This was brilliant! So beautiful and sweet. The paralells were perfect, as was the unsaid idea that the worry would never go away entirely. It was well done. I like it!
chasingwords chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
I really really really loved it. OMG so many feelings and a great idea to use the under-used parallels between Jim Beckett and Castle. BOTH are dads D. It would have been good to make a parallel between Castle letting his little girl leaving house and Jim does the same. Seriously, i really thought that this os was gonna ends with Castle and Beckett as parents themselves. But seriously, this was amazing. It was so in character for Castle to flirt with Alexis teacher and so in character in the scene in which he yells after a reporter. And oh gosh when Alexis makes me him promise, kinda, that he won't yell again after someone, she was so scared. And the thing about Jim pouring the bottle into the sink, thinking that his daugther had enough monsters to worry about without him becoming one of them. Wow. Anyway, favorited. All the feelings. I read it earlier on my phone, almost right after you posted it (because i didn't feel like studying but shhh). I wanted to wait until i'd have time to go on the computer because writing a long review on a cellphone is shit lol.
missy52061 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
It worked. It worked very well. Great idea, well written. Great job!
midnightread chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Really great story. I think every father will be protective of their daughter even if they are an adult
RagingSerenity chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Yep, caught the parallels :P. Though I'm not sure I catch the one between the science fair and the shootout. Except for the dad becoming a problem for the daughter… Actually, the one with the reporters and the bike are more of a mystery :P. Cute anyhow, though :).