Reviews for The Life & Times of Greenwood the Great
Helen chapter 1 . 4/12
It is written that Orophor went with a handful of sindarin and established greenwood the great, there is much writen about Orophor taking his host to the battle of the last alliance and charging before time and suffering the heaviest loses. Thranduil stayed and fought with the remainder of the host for seven years and returned to the greenwood with less than a third of the host, they they crowned him. I think you made your research fit your cause, not what actually thorough research reveals. But don't get your knickers in a twist over it, don't be so haughty about it. Whatevs..
Elf from Downunder chapter 35 . 4/13
It was amusing reading how Thranduil altered the mercenaries memories and had them completely forget a month's worth of memory! It was also quite funny having them been found by the elves of Lorien. :)
Oh, poor Celebrimbor! I have always had a soft spot for him (actually, I also have a soft spot for most tragic Feanorians, so ... ;). His moment with Gil-galad in passing him the two last Elven rings held so much meaning between the two - Gil-galad questioning his own strength based on his predecessors failures, and Celebrimbor guessing his inevitable fate. I'm eager to read how Greenwood and Thranduil will contribute to the war and Sauron's rise. :)
I like it.
wenduo chapter 35 . 4/12
Interesting what kind of raven was it sinse it know the man will die? And will not the other find the Elves in Greenwood after this?oO
feathered moon wings chapter 35 . 4/11
i really love the way Thranduil hides in the trees and shadows, how he's SO connected to the forest. Beautiful. This whole insight of the elves in the 'cursed forest' is great. And it was marvellous how he applied the teachings of Melian. I simply ADORE the fact that he is... magical in a sort of different way from the rest.

Oh God, I can't wait for Thranduil and Elrond to met, FINALLY after so many years, it's gonna be so gooood. It was funny tho, "Gil, he ain't no gonna give no shit to you after you gave him no shit." "Okay, okay Galadriel. Sut de fuck up! Send the other hoe."

Poor Celebrimbor, I don't want him to die D,:

Always love your chapters. Thank you so much for them duavibjkfcncwadsui.
Hugs and kisses from me, have an excellent day!
Once again I must express my admiration for the writer and say that you should writer. Hoping and waiting for another chapter.
œ
I love it!
Elf from Downunder chapter 34 . 3/3
Oiolaire and Thranduil's discussion in the forest was deep and I love reading the two talk about such things (even if Thranduil is too stubborn to reveal his fears and nightmares) ;)

I love how well the elves adapt to the woods, and how strong their friendship is with it that they can work together. Especially how the trees want to scare off the mercenaries! I wonder who exactly these men are ...
windsongspringheart chapter 34 . 3/2
I do have a question. You said Celebrimbor made the elven rings. Is that why the elves weren't wraiths like the humans were or am I just taking things out of context again? Cuz I do that alot
Elf from Downunder chapter 33 . 3/2
Poor Celebrimbor ... poor Thranduil ...

Such tension brewing now that they all know Sauron's back. And Oiolaire was wonderful in this chapter, stubborn as always with her husband. :) I do hope Thranduil will in time open up to her, but their intense quarreling is quite the drama to read.

I liked Daugion and Galion's talk!

'I'm still mad at you.' ;D

I'm sorry I haven't reviewed (or even read) the latest chapter! I'll get onto it as soon as possible! Wonderful chapter, brilliant story. :)
feathered moon wings chapter 33 . 2/26
You know, I'm gonna read this again because I HAVE to read it if it's not a new chapter, then all over again. Aaaa, so lovely.
Loved the darkness in Thranduil's mind, but if it's not just because of the black speech then what else? Is Sauron playing with his mind? I'd bet on it... And with Oielaire braking in like that... pff, tension much?
Glorfindel! Yaaay! Lovely fella :)
And well... I don't know what else to say.
EXEPT HE TOLD YOU SO YOU LITTLE BITCHES! HEUSOGBLVKERA
I want Elrond and Thranduil to meat again, are they gonna meat and talk?
Sorry for the late review BTW, I completely forgot when I read it n-n
Night.
Helen chapter 1 . 2/23
It's kinda hard to wrap my head around this. Oropher clearly, very very clearly in Tolkiens works did take a "handful " of sinda and was taken as king by the silven elves thus he named greenwood the great his kingdom or something like that. Then in the war of the great alliance when orophor was killed, Thrandruill remained to fight with the remainder of his fathers army for eight years before returning to greenwood or mirkwood whichever it was then I just think that is fabulous fodder for fan fiction. And KNOWING all that it's hard to get into your version. I'll try but I feel you blew opportunity.
windsongspringheart chapter 33 . 2/23
Hmmmm. Wonder what Oiolaire will find.
wenduo chapter 33 . 2/22
Talk about good work. They have stayed hidden for how long? And they other do more or less think they may not even been seen anymore of a normal eye?
So for what reason will make them appear before the world again?
Elf from Downunder chapter 32 . 2/3
Ortherion and Thranduil make the best spies ever - it's even more funny because Thranduil is a king at this stage. ;D I love how Oiolaire catches them spying on Daugion and Galion's intense (yet no less hilarious!) fight, and ends up spying on them too. I have to know whether Galion and Alassiel will be together now ... :) They make quite the interesting couple, and our favorite Elven butler is the perfect suitor considering she's Daugion's daughter.

Oh dear, not Sauron ...