Reviews for Acapulco
FebWriter chapter 22 . 5/18/2013
"I'm ready." She finally is. She finally really is.

And I LOVE that being with Roger, in his embrace and finding out that he was free as a bird, was the first time in weeks Holly had smiled.

A fresh start away from Springfield will be good for them. (I'll be moving them out of Springfield myself in an upcoming story of mine.) Blake will be thrilled when she finds out too.

And good for Roger for not pushing things! Holly will be nearby, and that's enough to start with.

Great story!
Amy chapter 21 . 5/15/2013
Roger realizing he had to keep his promise to her and let her go, no matter how much he hated it, reminds me of the confrontation at WSPR after he attempted to set Daniel up. "If you love me, then let me leave" - and he opens the door. It was the first time he ever did something like that, and thus an amazing moment.

I don't think he had come to grips with himself enough at this point in their evolution to really let her go rather than falling back on his ingrained habit of manipulating and justifying it to himself as being for a good cause. But that he does so puts her in an interesting position.

Honestly, as much as I lived and died by Roger and Holly in the '90s and love fanfic that gives me the happy ending I was denied on the show, I hope she goes back to Ross. At this point in everyone's life, Ross is better for her and she and Roger just aren't there yet. Holly and Ross will run their course and part reasonably amicably, and she and Roger will find their way back to each other when they've done a lot more work on themselves and their relationship.

But I like them having this "What happens in Acapulco stays in Acapulco" reckoning, even though I don't actually buy it happening. "Had it been too late for her and Roger, or too soon?" is perfect, because it is too soon, but it's also inevitable. She's taking a risk either way, but right now life with Ross is the better bet ... yet something in her must know it's not forever.
FebWriter chapter 21 . 5/15/2013
If you hadn't said the plane took off, I would have thought Holly would get off the plane and go back to Roger at the hotel, or look for him if he wasn't there.

He kept his promise to her, though. That's HUGE. As much as it was killing him inside, he let her go.

And now she's on the plane alone, having serious doubts. Roger shouldn't have told Holly to make a decision NOW. I get him not wanting to compete with Ross for her affections, or for her hand, but that's typical Roger behavior coming back to bite him: he insisted on a decision immediately, and so Holly said if it has to be now, then it has to be Ross...which is also typical Holly behavior. She needs time to think things over before making the leap.

I can't wait to see how you end this one!
FebWriter chapter 20 . 5/14/2013
Of course Roger already has their future all planned out. He needs to slow down. Holly is not on the exact same sentence of the exact same page he is. It's not as cut and dried for her as it is for him because she does feel love for Ross. Not the same kind of love she felt and feels for Roger, but it's there. Roger doesn't feel that way about Alex or Mindy, so he can cut ties with both of them with no regrets or second thoughts. And Holly is more cautious by nature than Roger is anyway, so she is going to naturally be more hesitant than he is about diving into a full-scale relationship. But if they do make another go of it, getting out of Springfield might not be a bad idea.
Amy chapter 20 . 5/14/2013
As I said before, I don't think Holly realized any current feelings for Roger in Acapulco, so I don’t think she’d have given any of Roger’s overtures serious consideration at this time. I think what Holly wanted then is exactly what she had for a measly couple of hours on the show – the ability to remember her complete past with Roger, not just the terror, and to marry Ross without having that unhealthy hatred and fear taking up so much space in her mind.

However, as an alternative universe, I am still enjoying this. And who am I to turn down shower sex between my favorite GL couple? :-)

Roger waking up the morning after, mentally off and running with all these fantastical plans - so sure she's going to feel the same, when any outside observer could tell him she'd be hesitant at best - is spot on. It reminds me of Cliff House. I think you have Holly sum up perfectly, in an earlier chapter, what’s going on:

"This is insane. We're in a time warp, Roger, we've been stuck together for a week and now you're convinced that you can't live without me, but that's not real life."
FebWriter chapter 19 . 5/12/2013
Roger and Holly, sleeping in each other's arms... Happy sigh.

And I love that neither of them was dreaming because there was nothing left to dream of after what had just happened.

I think I know what Roger's decision will be when the sun comes up. It's Holly's decision I'm not sure of.
FebWriter chapter 18 . 5/12/2013
Wow! Just...WOW! LOVE IT!
FebWriter chapter 17 . 5/12/2013
Holly admitted to Roger she's jealous of Mindy! All right!

And Roger's right: if Holly goes back to Ross without giving a renewed relationship with Roger a try, she'll marry Ross soon and it'll be too late for them to get back together.

What will Holly decide?
FebWriter chapter 16 . 5/12/2013
Holly's jealous of Mindy! YES!

But she's determined to stay with Ross, isn't she?
lil Kass chapter 18 . 5/11/2013
Amazing updates. This was well worth the wait.
Cynthia chapter 17 . 5/11/2013
Holy hell! Or, hot diggity!
Cynthia chapter 16 . 5/11/2013
Yes, Holly does have a hard time with truth . . . And Roger has no patience with rejection. A dangerous moment. Carry on, please!
FebWriter chapter 15 . 5/9/2013
BREAKTHROUGH! Roger realizes the importance of honesty, and what Holly being honest with him about the scheme with Alex to test his fidelity to her really means. And now he's being honest with her about his intention to leave Alex and about having an affair.

This is great! I also love the involvement of Blake and her pregnancy lie to Alan-Michael, because that also has bearing on Roger and Holly's situation, and on their relationship to each other as Blake's parents.

I can't wait to see what's next!
FebWriter chapter 14 . 5/8/2013
OOOOOHHHHH! Cliffhanger! You've left me hanging, wondering about Roger's reaction!

It's very true that baring her soul to Roger goes against every one of Holly's instincts of self-preservation (at this point, at least), but it's necessary.

The good news is, they still love each other.

The promising news is that Holly isn't saying no, she's saying she doesn't know.

The worrisome news is that she has to be honest with Roger about what she and Alex were really trying to do. It's great that she's being honest, but how is Roger going to react?

And I LOVE when Roger was trying to convince Holly that the essence of Gabriella's message is that they belong together, and Holly said that if Gabriella HAD said that, then Holly would have known that Roger paid her to say it. I could see the looks on their faces in my mind's eye in that scene.
Cynthia chapter 14 . 5/8/2013
Oh, wow! Love this story . . . And WHAT a cliffhanger!