Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 5 (New Version)
lakelady8425 chapter 3 . 7/9
Your Harry and Draco are utter jerks to the females in their lives. There are lots of ways to break up that don't involve insulting and disrespecting your partner. I expected better from both of them, but especially from Harry.
FanFictionLover.187 chapter 1 . 6/8
don't ever look at the reviews before reading the story. character death spoiled for me.
fhl1234 chapter 28 . 5/5
Loved Harry's fifth year. Sad that Harry's girl was killed, but relieved that Sirius didn't die like in cannon. Thanks for posting this series. Hope you start their seventh year soon.
Jimbocous chapter 28 . 4/25
Nice one. Thanks ...
Jimbocous chapter 5 . 4/20
"Harry, I am a Reflective Friend. I am a top-line magical mirror. It's what I do. Now, tell me about your social life."

lol! Definitely a fine turn of phrase there!
fhl1234 chapter 4 . 4/14
I'd love it if Harry and Ginny got together in the end but right now I see him either dating DG or LS.

lol Way to go their Harry, flying around the house until you pass out.

As usual, loving the read.
Darkness chapter 6 . 2/8
When I saw the word mongoose, I laughed. Then I saw the pictures and subsequently stopped laughing.
Sacred Dust chapter 28 . 1/19
Poignant and exciting. A fascinating new vision of Year 5: Umbridge is there but not utterly loathsome, Harry destroys the prophecy in advance, and he becomes an expert Occlumens. As for what happened to Laine ... honestly, I saw it coming. She meant a lot to Harry, but as an actual character she was expendable. Most of the girls have distinct personalities, but for whatever reason, few of them resonate. Their main function has been flirting, gossiping, or taking part in temporary romantic relationships. This is not a criticism of the writing itself, just an observation. I can't get a handle on who most of the female characters really are because I've never felt like I was seeing through their eyes. Pansy is an exception, perhaps because she's never been romantically involved with Harry and has not had to go through the wringer of cliches that Laine, Tracy, and Padma did: girl likes Harry, they snog a while, girl freaks out for some reason, and they are soon parted.

This particular year wasn't flawless, and some issues went unresolved (was Moody Crouch in disguise or not?), but overall it is good enough to drive me onward to Year 6.
FutureTrunksFan94 chapter 28 . 8/9/2017
I didn't know laine would die.
FutureTrunksFan94 chapter 10 . 7/19/2017
O.o Umbridge being nice and competent? Wow, nice job, author! You've done a great job with this story!
SarahOlivier chapter 10 . 6/30/2017
Ginny is the only one for Harry
SarahOlivier chapter 5 . 6/29/2017
I hope Harry gets together with Ginny
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 28 . 5/18/2017
Thoroughly enjoying this series. I love your take on the Slytherins and your recharacterization of the professors and other students.

Couple of comments: Harry had a few thoughts earlier on (after Snape told him the beginning of the prophecy) that sounded like he knew the whole thing. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was from the second half of the prophecy.
Dumbledore told Harry about Voldemort's real name and said that few people knew it, but Harry already had Rita write Tom's background in the paper.
In this last chapter you said that Theo never said how his father died, but back when it happened Theo said that he'd never noticed the poison in his drink.
Was it actually the real Moody in their fourth year? Whatever happened with Barty (both sr and jr)?
I think that there was one other similar inconsistency, but currently can't recall what or where.

I totally lost it when Sirius yelled "duck". His stories are hilarious and I love the way you wrote him as a responsible adult who still acts like a child. His story about Remus and the partial disillusionment excuse made me start to choke, I was laughing so hard. Also adored Molly dragging Ron away by his ear.

So glad that Theo is coming back to himself. He adds a fun dimension to the group that was missing in fifth year.
Guest chapter 28 . 5/15/2017
Another main character dead. Bold move, but understandable. Still a lot of loose ends though. And it seems, as with he other years, that we're not gonna be seeing any resolutions. Guess everyone can't be JK. Still, the story is great. It feels more like the real life would in a way. As an aside, I never did manage to like umbridge. Guess she was the same toad she was in canon with just another agenda. It's a shame that Harry didn't see her for what she was
Luvd007 chapter 12 . 5/13/2017
Still tryna get my head wrapped around a 'good' umbridge. In a whole, the story is an interesting take on events. It delves more into the everyday than canon. Harry even gets an erection. Lol

Not sure how much I like how Dumbledore is being portrayed though. True, in canon, a few of his choices were questionable, however, he usually acted more or less reasonably. He's coming off like a dithering old man now. Hope that doesn't continue too much.