Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 5 (New Version)
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 28 . 5/18
Thoroughly enjoying this series. I love your take on the Slytherins and your recharacterization of the professors and other students.

Couple of comments: Harry had a few thoughts earlier on (after Snape told him the beginning of the prophecy) that sounded like he knew the whole thing. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was from the second half of the prophecy.
Dumbledore told Harry about Voldemort's real name and said that few people knew it, but Harry already had Rita write Tom's background in the paper.
In this last chapter you said that Theo never said how his father died, but back when it happened Theo said that he'd never noticed the poison in his drink.
Was it actually the real Moody in their fourth year? Whatever happened with Barty (both sr and jr)?
I think that there was one other similar inconsistency, but currently can't recall what or where.

I totally lost it when Sirius yelled "duck". His stories are hilarious and I love the way you wrote him as a responsible adult who still acts like a child. His story about Remus and the partial disillusionment excuse made me start to choke, I was laughing so hard. Also adored Molly dragging Ron away by his ear.

So glad that Theo is coming back to himself. He adds a fun dimension to the group that was missing in fifth year.
Another main character dead. Bold move, but understandable. Still a lot of loose ends though. And it seems, as with he other years, that we're not gonna be seeing any resolutions. Guess everyone can't be JK. Still, the story is great. It feels more like the real life would in a way. As an aside, I never did manage to like umbridge. Guess she was the same toad she was in canon with just another agenda. It's a shame that Harry didn't see her for what she was
Luvd007 chapter 12 . 5/13
Still tryna get my head wrapped around a 'good' umbridge. In a whole, the story is an interesting take on events. It delves more into the everyday than canon. Harry even gets an erection. Lol

Not sure how much I like how Dumbledore is being portrayed though. True, in canon, a few of his choices were questionable, however, he usually acted more or less reasonably. He's coming off like a dithering old man now. Hope that doesn't continue too much.
Luvd007 chapter 11 . 5/13
Ok, so umbridge is a good guy? Hmmm. I guess I see the logic; she was a ministry lackey through and though. With the new stance the ministry has taken up, its easier to see how she would carry herself. Sort of. Her character still has been assassinated though. 11 chapters in, and the previous year still has a few loose end left. Who the hell put his name in the goblet? Are we ever gonna find out?
Md389 chapter 28 . 5/9
Hehe. Lucius is fun. I want to see him put that Slytherin cunning to use and play a prank on Sirius. I'm sure Sirius would then taunt that it was beneath him. I then want to see what suave excuse Lucius comes up with for it.
Vampireking40 chapter 18 . 5/3
This story is so different then the original tale. Harry as a snake makes all the difference for the way he is treated as a student by Umbridge. The ministry this time believes Harry on the return of the dark lord and is fighting with him instead of against him. Of course Umbridge is still up to something getting rid of Twellany is one thing, and replacing Binns is good in the long run. Hagrid we all know is not a great teacher but he does have a second job that he can go back to doing if he cant teach the class he is teaching. Great chapter.
Vampireking40 chapter 12 . 4/26
Umbridge seems to be just as big of a brat as she is in cannon. Her position as security officer is just like High Inquistor will all the same powers.
Vampireking40 chapter 6 . 4/25
That is a great animal for Harry to become. Seeing that he lives in the house of the snake. With this form he could easy take out Voldermort snake.
Vampireking40 chapter 3 . 4/25
I love that Harry is the prefect. What is Draco opinion on him become prefect. I am sure he is happy one of them got it.
Vampireking40 chapter 2 . 4/25
That was an interesting chapter. I had a feeling one of his friends would face there fathers wrath. I wouldn't be surprise if Crabb and Goyle don't experience similar things. Holding a party in the shriking shack that will be interesting to read about. Lucius has definitely changed his stripes from an evil man to a kind father.
Vampireking40 chapter 1 . 4/24
One question how and when did Harry get the cup back from Askaban.
HogwartsStudent394 chapter 28 . 11/27/2016
[Spoiler Alert]

I have to be 100% honest, I would have felt better if it had been Sirius who died. I've delta with his death before, I know how to handle it. If anything, I was half expecting it.
But Laine... I'm speechless.

As a side note, I know why she had those mood swings, and it rhymes with.. poor tux?
And the same reason both Ginny and Laine were affected by the visions.
HogwartsStudent394 chapter 14 . 11/24/2016
I just got to the part where Auror Baldi gave a lecture. When he was talking about thinking faster than the opponent.
There's this process in the military we learn, it's called the "OODA Loop". It stands for "Observe, Orient, Decide, Act" and the loop part implies you're starting over after you finish act.
It was created by a US Air Force Colonel, and when he came up with the theory, he said "the person who is able to cycle through the OODA Loop the quickest, will win the encounter 9 times out of 10"
There's a lot of information on the subject, and even a flow chart. The chart looks confusing, but the OODA Loop is mentioned to only take a few seconds to actually cycle through.
Just thought I'd share a bit of my own knowledge with the community! And thanks so much for the story, I've hardly been able to set my phone down since discovering it. It's been less than a month and I'm almost half way through book 5, and I'm dreading the end of book 7.
Cztelnik chapter 28 . 10/21/2016
Sirius is still a bully and Lucius has the patience of a saint. Interesting how you were able to redirect Umbridge's fanaticism into an acceptable venue although not for Dumbledore and Ron certainly paid a high price. Ron has parents to be outraged for him tho.
Harry will be so angry when he finds out Dumbledore withheld information about the horecruxes that led to Laine's death. Poor Elan and Percy will never be the same.
Cztelnik chapter 12 . 10/21/2016
I am impressed again that you are able to write a sympathetic Umbridge without changing her annoying behavior and oddity. It is brilliant analysis of social behavior and human nature.