Reviews for The Other Shoe
Aundielen chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
I always did wonder if Tuvok would share some of Kathryn's thoughts/emotions. It's too bad they didn't play that up a bit more in canon
Iowanmom chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Beautifully written story... I have always enjoyed the Tuvok and Janeway relationship. He's Vulcan but when ever they have these rare conversations you can ALWAYS feel the undercurrent of feelings that Tuvok has for his Captain... He's very careful in his wording and you capture him and their relationship beautifully. nice job.
skadoo chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I liked this... not enough good BFF stories out there.
Profitmom chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Nice!
PicardofLaBarre chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
and again...
Kerry J chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I really enjoyed this. Sometimes I think Tuvok with his lack of emotions can a better sounding board than others and I guess this was one of those times. And I really like how Kathryn sees through him and realises that underneath all that logic and aloofness, he's one of the best friends she has. Great scene!
ghosteye99 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
A nice J/T friendship study, I like Tuvok's straightforward, no-frills expression of his personal commitment to her as a friend.
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
I loved this, it's such a beautiful J/T story. I always liked their deep and profound respect for each other and friendship that they had and was never fully explored in the series. You captured their voices perfectly!
hester4418 chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Very sweet, with just the right touch of melancholy. I've seen Tuvok written both pro and against J/C, and I've always thought that considering the long friendship he and Janeway share, he 'd have to pick up on some of her feelings sooner or later. Bringing in the mind meld provides a perfect setup for just this kind of understanding. I love the way she confesses her weakness, and then expects him to scold her for it, and her surprise at his gentle reaction.

Beautifully done, as always!
jmanders chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I loved this! I have often felt that Tuvok is neglected in fanfiction as Janeway's friend; that friendship is beautifully expressed here. I can't object to the J/C undertones, either. However, the aspect that I loved the most was the rhythm and the universality of Janeway's emotions here (at least I, personally, relate). The situation is unique to Voyager, but the irrational anxiety of private emotions, the expectation of judgment, and the lightness that comes with unexpected sharing and acceptance are so real.
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Great scene, dialogue is spot on
StarboardBow chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Very well written. Janeway/tuvok friendship fics always seem to work so well- this is insightful, completely in character and a pleasure to read.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
This is so lovely! You really do capture Janeway and Tuvok's friendship. As always, the emotions of the moment are so clear in your writing - I could feel Janeway's angst and then relief as she opens up to a close friend. I also really liked the moment where she thought he was going to berate her, and wondered why he wasn't since she had done it so many times herself - but then Tuvok shows her another way to look at it. Well done.
mabb5 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Nicely done short story. Please write more.
Janet Fraiser chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
I just love Janeway/Tuvok friendship stories. There's not enough attention paid to the complexity and depth of their friendship, but this story is just perfect!