Reviews for Trickster's Venture
your kidney 4lunch '3 chapter 2 . 3/3
Every time an author updates, a cat is saved from being stuck in a jar and put on desplay in my sister's dorm.

Post a chappy, save a kitty.

Ps.

Nya •3•
amuto1 chapter 2 . 1/19
This story is great please keep updating
Beerus chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
So just so we're clear, are you planning on having Zuko/Loki end up back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Because if so, then he should take Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee with him.
A chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
Are you ever planning to continue this?
SuSuSue chapter 2 . 6/29/2014
Oooh, a fascinating venture!

As far as possible plot ways go, how about this: Zuko (which we'll stick with throughout because this is how he identifies himself now) goes walkabout. A lot. Day and night. And he explores as the Blue Spirit, who is now slightly more mischievous than before. He breaks into the Earth King's palace, the official, above-ground (literally) Dai Li headquarters and all kinds of places. For gits and shiggles.
Except . . .
Then he overhears some things. Like Kyoshi Warriors calling themselves 'Azula', 'Mai' and 'Ty Lee'. And that Long Feng is still commanding the Dai Li from his prison and all that jazz.
So he outs himself to the GAang and explains some things.

The problem is simply that there are now only two episodes ('The Guru' and 'Crossroads of Destiny') left in season two and the latter episode follows on almost immediately from the previous. And it's at the end of 'The Earth King' (which is where this story starts) that Azula and co. infiltrate the palace.
Fortunately I can see that even Azula would need more than a few days to ensure the Dai Li become truly loyal to her, concoct a plan to make Long Feng her 'ally' and so on. So . . . maybe Zuko overhears mention of a Kyoshi Warrior visiting Long Feng/simply decides that Long Feng BEING GUARDED BY HIS LOYAL MEN is a bad idea and kidnaps him, perhaps placing down some false evidence incriminating [someone].
Long Feng being out of the picture - and so soon after a Kyoshi Warrior makes enquiries about seeing him/has spoken to him - sews distrust amongst the Dai Li and they become very wary of the Kyoshi Warriors. And indeed all other non-Dai Li or Generals of Ba Sing Se. This then has the potential to further stretch out the time until the end of the 'season'.
Coincidentally it also gives Zuko some time to work out how to try to weasel his sister OUT of Ozai's indoctrination and allow her to choose her *herself*. And hopefully for him.

Otherwise . . . well.
I highly doubt Zuko would be willing to let his sister go back to Ozai alone after having failed/succeeded in taking Ba Sing Se. Doubtless he'd tell his new (and actual) father that he would 'betray' Iroh first, perhaps explains some things (which is foreshadowed at the end of this actual chapter in a way - Iroh is willing to wait forever if need be, and Zuko's so new to this whole genuinely loving parent thing that he'd tell at least a little bit (I have remembered some past lives, I won't let my sister fall the way I did then and nearly did in this life), meaning SPIES IN THE FIRE NATION.
Plus it would be totally Loki to make himself a double agent. Naturally Zuko would make sure that Iroh escaped to go with the GAang, thus providing a path of contact between Zuko's shenanigans in the courts and the GAang. And White Lotus Zuko. Awesome.

Alternatively, you could have Zuko knock out and kidnap Azula during the final confrontation at Ba Sing Se and then disappear off with her somewhere to hash things out. Possibly with Iroh and the GAang. Possibly with one or the other. Possibly alone.

Alternatively: the best way to block an attack is to not be there. It would involve allowing Ba Sing Se to fall under Fire Nation power temporarily, but beforehand Zuko (and the White Lotus) would have spirited away the Generals, the Earth King and anyone deemed vitally important to the safe running of the war/handling post-war treaties and so on. Got to get some good will on your side from the single largest and most powerful unified government BEFORE ending a war and allowing yourself to (if you pardon my crude and slightly offensive anaology) become the Germany of the Treaty of Versailles.
Anyway, Zuko steals a government, lets the city fall and absconds with the GAang. A hollow victory for the Fire Nation indeed. 'hey, you wanted a city, well we're giving it to you; enjoy!'

But first and foremost you need to figure out a way to allow Zuko and Iroh more time in Ba Sing Se to acclimate to their new equilibrium. The best way to do this is by having Long Feng mysteriously disappear, cause an uproar in the palace and sew dissent and distrust there. This will reduce or totally negate the efficacy of Azula's plot to take over Ba Sing Se.

If you can't tell, I love the potential this story has and hope you can one day continue it.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/8/2014
Update
PeaceHeather chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
I loved this. Here are some ideas:

Loki and the Blue Spirit: connections? Memories? Discuss.
Iroh, reincarnation, and Thor: where is all that unconditional love coming from? What about Iroh's journey to the spirit realm and ability to channel lightning?
How would Loki respond to the changes in Ba Sing Se once the Avatar arrives? Especially the escaped animals and the instant new zoo, or the chaos at court?
Loki. Sokka. SOKKA. Dude.
Would Zuko feel any need to contact Aang with questions about immortality and reincarnation? Would he have any ability at water bending, or was that just an extension of being a frost giant? What about magic?
The Blue Spirit releasing Appa. DUDE. Just to screw with Long Feng. Maybe even scaring the crap out of Aang by "kidnapping" him and bringing him along on the trip to Lake Laogai.
A potential weakness in Loki, just as there was in Zuko, when confined with the possibility of going back to his father... Or, Zuko is now completely immune to his sister's ploys because you can't play a player. She flips out a little sooner because she can't control him anymore.
Basically, take the characters, their them into a paper bag together, and shake to see what happens!
Elle du Vent chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Such a brilliant story! Great writing, plot, idea, and all. Please continue!
Hush chapter 2 . 1/10/2014
I have one idea for a pairing if you're willing: Azula/Mai/Ty Lee. In case you don't know, Azula/Mai/Ty Lee is the pairing in which Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee are in a three way relationship. There aren't many, in fact I can count the number I've read on one hand. But the ones I have read are always good.
quoththeraven5 chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Wow this story is awesome! I love love this idea! And I believe you are portraying the characters really well, please continue! :)
Bowtotherain chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Awesome story. I've never read anything like that and I really like it. ;) It's very interesting and I hope to read more. Please continue!
Rem Somnus chapter 2 . 11/16/2013
Very interesting and intriguing. A truly unique and really cool story. I'd love to read more. :)
Beloved Daughter chapter 2 . 10/5/2013
Awesome story! Absolutely fascinating! I can't wait for more! Hope your sister's wedding went off well! :)
peppymint chapter 2 . 8/27/2013
I really hope you do decide to continue this. Though I have to wonder, now that Zuko has remembered his past lives has he unlocked Loki's powers? That would be cool if it was the case, though I can't see him advertising them.

I am also enjoying several daydreams where Zuko is awkwardly trying to explain to his uncle that he is more or less, the Spirit of Chaos, Fire, and Lies.
Identical Gemini chapter 2 . 8/22/2013
Hello! I just found this fic, and as a fan and writer of both fandoms, I appreciate the idea. I think you got both characters figured out. I would love to see Zuko be more mature about Aang and the rest, while the others are maybe still acting kind of childish. I like both of them tormented and hurt, but also resourceful.

As future plotlines go, I would like to see Loki/Zuko go through some teenage drama (maybe only quickly referenced) and realize that just because you are an old spirit, doesn't mean that what body you are in doesn't matter. I have always seen Loki as someone with fluid sexuality, so that works for me just fine :)

I kind of want this to be a happy story. Not fluff, but happy. Both characters are so sad; they deserve some happiness. On the other side, their problems are quite different, so just being the same person could teach them a lot, and make them a more whole individual.

I want Loki to decide that here and now matters more than past bitterness, and that just because he is ageless god, doesn't mean he couldn't leave his past behind him, feel and appreciate the here and now and care about Uncle, Fire Nation, his new friends and other more temporary things. I want him to stay true to Uncle (though that is probably a given the way you write it). I see Loki sympathizing Azula and wanting to save her. Would be cute if those two would get past their problems and love each other, and team up against their father.

Okay, these weren't actually useful plot suggestions, but I have all the faith in you. If you would like actual, concrete ideas, just contact me and I can definitely try to think of something.

In short, I love this idea. It is unexpected but makes sense. I love you didn't go with the obvious Loki/Azula similarity. And it does combine two of my favorite characters in the same room with Uncle (aka Happy Place). Zuko goes through a great change, but we still know him. That is maybe the best part. And I like the writing, so hopefully you are still continuing this!