Reviews for Trickster's Venture
meriland25 chapter 2 . 6/7
This is a wonderful fic, I love how you meshed Loki and Zuko so well, and Iroh is lovely. Thank you for this! And if you ever decide to continue it I'd love to read it.
twotoed chapter 2 . 5/5
like that other reviewer mentioned, I'll now be imagining Azula's reaction to Zuko using green fire :)
KnightOwl247 chapter 2 . 3/23
Alright I know its been a few years but I was hoping that you could continue this story. There are very few ATLA/ thor crossovers and this is by far the best. Please consider perusing this story, and I am happy to wait as long as it takes.
Readaholic01 chapter 2 . 11/14/2015
I recommend following the original plotline with some differences. Your story is very good and I can't wait to read more. Oh, just a suggestion, but could you put Blue Spirit in there? I think that maybe Loki/Zuko would help others and maybe use it as a chance to play many pranks.:)
pinkpenguinparty chapter 2 . 7/27/2015
First: Does Zuko have Loki's magic?

I would assume yes because magic is rooted in self-knowledge and/or the soul depending on which canon you use, both of which Zuko now has.

Second: picture Azula looking at her brother as he is using green fire, per Loki, hahahahaha.
Allinray chapter 2 . 6/15/2015
Este fic tiene mucho potencial. Deberias continuarlo :D vamos que aun se puede
LittleMrsAdams chapter 2 . 6/14/2015
Reading this made me squeal with delight! I hope you add more!
Graffiti-Kami chapter 2 . 5/4/2015
Iroh is the best freaking Uncle in the world.
your kidney 4lunch '3 chapter 2 . 3/3/2015
Every time an author updates, a cat is saved from being stuck in a jar and put on desplay in my sister's dorm.

Post a chappy, save a kitty.

Nya •3•
amuto1 chapter 2 . 1/19/2015
This story is great please keep updating
Beerus chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
So just so we're clear, are you planning on having Zuko/Loki end up back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Because if so, then he should take Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee with him.
A chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
Are you ever planning to continue this?
SuSuSue chapter 2 . 6/29/2014
Oooh, a fascinating venture!

As far as possible plot ways go, how about this: Zuko (which we'll stick with throughout because this is how he identifies himself now) goes walkabout. A lot. Day and night. And he explores as the Blue Spirit, who is now slightly more mischievous than before. He breaks into the Earth King's palace, the official, above-ground (literally) Dai Li headquarters and all kinds of places. For gits and shiggles.
Except . . .
Then he overhears some things. Like Kyoshi Warriors calling themselves 'Azula', 'Mai' and 'Ty Lee'. And that Long Feng is still commanding the Dai Li from his prison and all that jazz.
So he outs himself to the GAang and explains some things.

The problem is simply that there are now only two episodes ('The Guru' and 'Crossroads of Destiny') left in season two and the latter episode follows on almost immediately from the previous. And it's at the end of 'The Earth King' (which is where this story starts) that Azula and co. infiltrate the palace.
Fortunately I can see that even Azula would need more than a few days to ensure the Dai Li become truly loyal to her, concoct a plan to make Long Feng her 'ally' and so on. So . . . maybe Zuko overhears mention of a Kyoshi Warrior visiting Long Feng/simply decides that Long Feng BEING GUARDED BY HIS LOYAL MEN is a bad idea and kidnaps him, perhaps placing down some false evidence incriminating [someone].
Long Feng being out of the picture - and so soon after a Kyoshi Warrior makes enquiries about seeing him/has spoken to him - sews distrust amongst the Dai Li and they become very wary of the Kyoshi Warriors. And indeed all other non-Dai Li or Generals of Ba Sing Se. This then has the potential to further stretch out the time until the end of the 'season'.
Coincidentally it also gives Zuko some time to work out how to try to weasel his sister OUT of Ozai's indoctrination and allow her to choose her *herself*. And hopefully for him.

Otherwise . . . well.
I highly doubt Zuko would be willing to let his sister go back to Ozai alone after having failed/succeeded in taking Ba Sing Se. Doubtless he'd tell his new (and actual) father that he would 'betray' Iroh first, perhaps explains some things (which is foreshadowed at the end of this actual chapter in a way - Iroh is willing to wait forever if need be, and Zuko's so new to this whole genuinely loving parent thing that he'd tell at least a little bit (I have remembered some past lives, I won't let my sister fall the way I did then and nearly did in this life), meaning SPIES IN THE FIRE NATION.
Plus it would be totally Loki to make himself a double agent. Naturally Zuko would make sure that Iroh escaped to go with the GAang, thus providing a path of contact between Zuko's shenanigans in the courts and the GAang. And White Lotus Zuko. Awesome.

Alternatively, you could have Zuko knock out and kidnap Azula during the final confrontation at Ba Sing Se and then disappear off with her somewhere to hash things out. Possibly with Iroh and the GAang. Possibly with one or the other. Possibly alone.

Alternatively: the best way to block an attack is to not be there. It would involve allowing Ba Sing Se to fall under Fire Nation power temporarily, but beforehand Zuko (and the White Lotus) would have spirited away the Generals, the Earth King and anyone deemed vitally important to the safe running of the war/handling post-war treaties and so on. Got to get some good will on your side from the single largest and most powerful unified government BEFORE ending a war and allowing yourself to (if you pardon my crude and slightly offensive anaology) become the Germany of the Treaty of Versailles.
Anyway, Zuko steals a government, lets the city fall and absconds with the GAang. A hollow victory for the Fire Nation indeed. 'hey, you wanted a city, well we're giving it to you; enjoy!'

But first and foremost you need to figure out a way to allow Zuko and Iroh more time in Ba Sing Se to acclimate to their new equilibrium. The best way to do this is by having Long Feng mysteriously disappear, cause an uproar in the palace and sew dissent and distrust there. This will reduce or totally negate the efficacy of Azula's plot to take over Ba Sing Se.

If you can't tell, I love the potential this story has and hope you can one day continue it.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/8/2014
PeaceHeather chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
I loved this. Here are some ideas:

Loki and the Blue Spirit: connections? Memories? Discuss.
Iroh, reincarnation, and Thor: where is all that unconditional love coming from? What about Iroh's journey to the spirit realm and ability to channel lightning?
How would Loki respond to the changes in Ba Sing Se once the Avatar arrives? Especially the escaped animals and the instant new zoo, or the chaos at court?
Loki. Sokka. SOKKA. Dude.
Would Zuko feel any need to contact Aang with questions about immortality and reincarnation? Would he have any ability at water bending, or was that just an extension of being a frost giant? What about magic?
The Blue Spirit releasing Appa. DUDE. Just to screw with Long Feng. Maybe even scaring the crap out of Aang by "kidnapping" him and bringing him along on the trip to Lake Laogai.
A potential weakness in Loki, just as there was in Zuko, when confined with the possibility of going back to his father... Or, Zuko is now completely immune to his sister's ploys because you can't play a player. She flips out a little sooner because she can't control him anymore.
Basically, take the characters, their them into a paper bag together, and shake to see what happens!