Reviews for Something Quite Peculiar
KyloRen'sgirl213 chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
Good work love it keep it up
ObsidianPhantom chapter 22 . 9/13/2017
Dear Lord in Heaven! But this chapter nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm... fuck... I feel like I'm vibrating with all the adrenaline I'm feeling right now!

Holy shit that was one hell of a car chase! It was so vivid too... The imagery in your writing is just so powerful, so emotionally stimulating, it's almost to the point that its unnerving! (I love unnerving, means the fic is realistic!)

I have to say Mel and Pitch are certainly a match made in Hell. Lol!

And that last scene between Rowan and Jack... Yeah you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Oh God... I was NOT expecting THAT! Therefore I was NOT prepared and now my mind has been tainted.

Wonderfully, horribly, fantastically, tortuously tainted! By the amazing kinda shocking thought of what's underneath Jack Frost's hoodie...

I will never be able to watch Rise of the Guardians again without wondering every time Jack comes on screen! My innocent mind! *Laments dramatically*

Pfft, he would have a swimmer's body...

Lol! *Secretly enjoys having a ruined mind in the background*
ObsidianPhantom chapter 17 . 9/12/2017
Fuuuuuuuck! This was a doozy of a chapter! Crap! Holy Fuck! Shit-! I can't even think! I don't even know what to say about it all! I just... AHHHHHH! &&%%$%%%%$%$!

Fuck! But just the EMOTIONS in this chapter... Man, they were... uncomfortably, realistically, amazingly relatable. It'll take awhile for my heartstrings to recover from it all if I'm honest. The tension had my hair standing on end.

Calliope is an immortal Bitch! Gods, she did NOT make that easy or smooth for Rowan. Dear lord, I wanted dearly to deck her in the face for being as unsympathetic as she was. I mean, if you've been through it, know how it is, then empathize with the Mortal Muse, don't fucking send her into a panic by telling her how you died, this is your lot in life, deal with it. That's just the height of insensitivity and cruelty.

Oh, yes, can you tell I'm with Bunny on this one? I don't like Calliope...

I will fully admit to getting a little emotional and teary eyed at the end there...

But, honestly, how can you not?

Ugh, God, I need a tissue.
ObsidianPhantom chapter 15 . 9/12/2017
Oh fuck! I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT!

Crap, this does complicate things!

Damn, I got shivers when Jack got all protective! Aww, he's already guarding his girl! So sweet! And worried too!

Hmm, I wonder what kind of Muse Rowan is?
ObsidianPhantom chapter 13 . 9/12/2017
Muses... have to die to become Muses... *Cloud of dread and foreboding appears overhead* Ah crap, don't tell me Rowan this Mortal Muse... Don't tell me she's gonna die... *Grimaces* Damn, becoming a Muse sounds cool but having to die in a dramatic way sucks. Because dramatic usually mean extra painful, extra traumatic, and extra tragic.

Hmm, am I reading into it too much or is Tooth jealous there at the end? Sorry Tooth but I do not ship you with Jack!
ObsidianPhantom chapter 11 . 9/11/2017
The imagery in this chapter... Beautiful. And the emotions and interactions! The way you write the characters, even just the dialogue... It's awe-inspiring!
ObsidianPhantom chapter 10 . 9/11/2017
Damn, shit just got serious. Like this story took a nose-dive into the adult... Especially with all the subtlety and hints at past interactions...

What is up between Jack and Melpomene? I have an idea... and it's not a good one...
ObsidianPhantom chapter 8 . 9/11/2017
Omg! Omg! OMG! This chapter! This fucking CHAPTER! AHHHHHHHHH! I CAN'T EVEN! IT'S JUST TOO MUCH! The meeting, the confrontation, the lecture, the confusion- SHE TASED HIM! &&%$%#$%#! She TASED Jack Frost... I'm done. You've got me!

*Coughs* Okay... I'm calm. I'm very calm...

Jack Frost's smirks KILL me. Just saying... He has a really nice smirk. *Grins slyly* It's like the smirk of a trickster... or a fox or fox demon. Lol!

I LOVE this chapter! It's fucking HILARIOUS! No, really, you should put a warning - Dangerous laughter imminent, watch your ribs! I laughed till my ribs hurt, I couldn't stop... I feel winded. Lol!

Oh Gods, I still can't believe she tased him! So perfect! So brilliant! I'm reliving that moment in the theater when Darcy tased the God of Thunder! Epicness!

There is Epicness in this chapter!
ObsidianPhantom chapter 7 . 9/11/2017
Ooooh, let the unintentional stalking begin! Lol! I'm really liking the dynamic between Rowan and her friend Shirley! And the mystery of the roses begins too!

Can't wait for all the head-scratches Rowan's gonna do concerning the roses. *Evil grin*
ObsidianPhantom chapter 6 . 9/11/2017
Uh Oh... They just reminded Jack that he has hormones... The next chapters should be interesting! LMAO!
ObsidianPhantom chapter 5 . 9/11/2017
I am slowly... slowly falling (very hard) for this story! I'm pretty new to the Rise of the Guardian fandom, but I saw the art for this story, liked (more like LOVE) the character sheet of Rowan and tracked it to this here fic.

I am happy as hell that I did to! I'm always on the prowl for new material to read, new characters to obsess over (heeee!), NEW PAIRINGS (yesss!), and good, thought out plotlines and characters.

Plus, I like what I've seen so far of Jack's personality, it matches well with his movie persona. But with a mature edge that I hope to see more of later as I read. He IS a three hundred something year old spirit.

That said... You are a phenomenal artist. From what I've seen your writing is as good as your art which is just fucking amazing! Hats off to your prowess in both the written word and paint brush (or whatever medium you use for your art).

Can't wait for Rowan to see Jack Frost for the first time! No, Rowan you are NOT insane or crazy, you just have a winter spirit stalking your for your stories! *Cackles*
Uradora5 chapter 11 . 8/27/2017
Oh, wow! Chapter 11 was amazing! I'd have loved seeing some pictures or a video about Rowan and Jack flying together. I was imagining the whole thing in my head, and it was so beautiful!
Uradora5 chapter 9 . 8/24/2017
Again, this chapter was so funny! And the end of it, where Rowan drew Jack? That's just so adorable! I can't wait to be done with my German sessions tomorrow, so I can read a little bit more of your story, hopefully more than one chapter this time!
Uradora5 chapter 8 . 8/19/2017
Okay, this chapter was just hilarious! My Mom thought I was crazy when I was laughing while reading the encounter between Rowan and Jack!

P.S. I hope it's okay that I keep leaving reviews for this story, since you've finished it 2 years ago.
Uradora5 chapter 5 . 8/13/2017
Wow, I'm only at Chapter 5 at the moment, but I already love your story! Even though nothing dramatic has happened so far (like a battle or something), it's still very interesting and funny, and I'm really enjoying reading it!