Reviews for The Taste of Strawberries
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Yum Strawberries. I liked how Rosie fussed over Frodo a little, and how he knew that Rosie is pregnant. I can imagine her telling Sam the happy news, and Sam's broad smile when he hears it. You should write a sequal to this story.
KathyG chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
Hey! No fair making me drool! I LOVE strawberry pie!

I love lemon meringue pie, too. (Hmm, wonder if hobbits would have ever made that particular dessert?)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Nice stuff.
Recipes... Yum!
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I will admit this: it's difficult, even now, to write a review when someone puts an actual recipe at the end of the chapter... then again, I must be acting and thinking like a hobbit, due to this... just a general statement.

On with the review: once again, as usual, this story is well-written and everyone was in-character. The way Rosie speaks and behaves reminds me of Sam, especially with Rosie's behavior and speech towards Frodo. The conversations between Frodo, Rosie, and Rosie's younger brother Nick were interesting to read. However, as you can tell from the previous paragraph, you sure brought up a lot of food. Yes, writers have to eat, too, which helps the mind greatly, even with rushing ideas. I suppose it's normal, but I understand this is a recipe fanfiction story; so, food being brought up with a recipe afterwards made sense.

Overall, you did well with this story (I shouldn't be surprised, after all :) ). If you don't mind, I'd like to put this story in my community.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I kept glancing up at the recipe for Rosie's Strawberry Pie, half the time as I replied to this story... oh well. :)
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I'm so glad to know someone remembers how important strawberries are! Of course you would, thoug, being as amazing a LOTR fanfic writere as you are...
androidilenya chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Ooh, another recipe fic! I must bookmark this page, that sounds really good.
Aw, Frodo and Rosie being all friendly. That was pretty adorable. And I love how he knew she was pregnant - and her reaction was adorable.
Omnomnom strawberries. You know, I think of that line every time I eat them...
Laura Andrews chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I love your stories (did I ever tell you that?). It's so relaxing and refreshing to read from a hobbit's point of view, as I'm sure you intended it to be. This was a sweet little fic, and I loved every bit of it, but especially these two parts:
Frodo picked up one of the strawberries, and slowly took a bite. He closed his eyes and ate it almost solemnly. Rose watched fascinated. He opened his eyes and said softly, "Rose, dear, do not ever take for granted the taste of strawberries."
&
"I think that it is delightful, Rose, and I could not be more pleased. Would you mind awfully if I were 'Uncle Frodo'?"

Thanks for such a delightful story!
imaginationflies chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
This put a smile on my face! It tied in with the book amazingly (what else would we expect from you :) ) and as soon as I saw the description I'm like...yeah, I know. This was great and as usual, you make me smile!