Reviews for The Loss of a Friend
Griffygnus chapter 7 . 1/16
the first two chaps were nice, then you lost interest.
Ruby Moon-Snape chapter 7 . 10/18/2014
Great story! It peak my interest on who came to Sev's funeral. Maybe a relative from the Prince side of the family. Also maybe the Potters and/or the Blacks would be contacted after finding out that James and Sirius had a huge role in Sev's decision and death. Either way, keep up the great work and update soon.
marietta chapter 7 . 2/3/2014
I hope they all get what they deserve for not doing right by Severus. Potter and Black should have ignored him and not bullied him. Lily should have stuck by him like a TRUE friend would have done. McGonagall should have punished James and Sirius and given then suspensions and sent them home for bullying. Pomfrey should have paid more attention to Severus that worried about the werewolf boy with advanced self-healing powers.
marietta chapter 7 . 1/22/2014
Thank you for updating, and Happy Belated Birthday!
Professor Radar chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Potter is really OC here- he's showing signs of have a conscience.

"...the violence in that expression was frightening, which in turn scared him a little. He had never seen that smirk on a Gryffindor's face, only on a Death Eater's face."
And here we see Gryffindor ignorance and denial at it's finest. You keep telling yourself that buddy. By the way, Gryffindors were Death Eaters too (not just Pettigrew). There were Death Eaters from all houses. Despite popular belief it wasn't a Slytherin exclusive organisation. I do give this guy some credit though for not caring if Potter gets attacked or not.
gaaraxnaru chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Great chapter! You seriously need to update more though. Please?
flame55 chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
This is great
kate chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Good story but I have to wonder if anyone is going to point out to the students their total lack of empathy is a pretty good indicator of psycotic behavor. Congratulation someone for getting another person killed is so freaking twisted. Think I understand why they have a dark lord problem
mzperx chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
oh its so sad, but i am happy tath you had writen this! please continue
hwyla chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Happy to see an update on this. I apparently managed to miss the last chapter, so it has been awhile for me.

I am curious as to who the 'smirking' gryffindor was and whether it was him at the end of the last chapter with the bit about notes, etc. And who the stranger might be. Obviously I'll wait patiently to find out since you mean to keep us in suspense about it.

I'm guessing Peter - but only because it seems like the 'smirker' is the one asking Potter for homework help. Whom ever it is, I hope they catch on before it gets bad for Lily as I'm supposing she's the one being referred to as the 'slut'? Of course it could be someone else entirely.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Oh, we've all seen that smirk before on a Gryffindor's face before-"Because he exists," James Potter said with that same smirk. Sirius Black wore it too, I believe.

It would be sad if Voldemort was the only one who really cared that Snape was dead.

As for Eileen, she should have taken her son away a long time before. Now it's too late.

Too late for all of them, I expect.

But hey, in six months (or six weeks) everyone will forget and go about their usual business.
Alethea27 chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
Slughorn is rather thick, isn't he? Madam Pomfrey practically had to spell it out in six-foot high letters before the the old fart understood! All the professors at Hogwarts should feel ashamed of themselves. None of them ever attempted to stop the extreme bullying by the Marotters because they were the popular kids (Pukehead and Stupius at any rate) that could do no wrong! Whatever McGonagall and Slughorn have to face from Eileen - they deserve it and Dumblebutt deserves to be fired by the board of governors for his obvious favoritism of Gryffindor which a major contribution to Severus' committing suicide. Please update soon!
hi hi 1234 chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
poppy was kinda mean but she was stressed and slug horn did deserve it. i wonder who was bullying sev. i think it might be james. Just because no one called sev snivellus except for james and co.
bacrawford chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
An interesting story. My only quibble is the overly short chapters.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/21/2013