Reviews for The Realization of Haruki Suzumiya
Guest chapter 12 . 12/18/2015
That was fun.
HuuskerDu chapter 9 . 4/20/2014
Thank you for the review.

Yes, the story indeed absurd taken at face value. That's the point. I did it deliberately. Think about the original stories. Think about Nagato's character in The Realization of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's following the same pattern.

You see, love is the most powerful thing in the universe. ('For God so loved the world that He gave His only son..') In the movie (Realization) the whole story revolved around the fact that Yuki Nagato changed the whole freakin' universe just so she could get closer to Kyon. She loved him that much. And yes, she committed a terrible crime, and she was ready to pay the price for it. I took great pains in this story to carefully lay what she did on that fateful December 18, how she literally changed reality itself, which she did all out of her love for him (with feelings she did not yet realize she even had). All I'm doing is following the pattern that Nagaru Tanigawa has already clearly laid out.

Now, Yuuki's love for Kyonko is as strong as Yuki's is for Kyon. He's just more self-aware and self-controlled. (Yuuki picked five solar systems her knew were uninhabitable.) And Kyon returns the favor to protect Nagato from the Data Integration Thought Entity in Realization, where he outright threatened to kill the DITE and go galloping across the cosmos and turn the universe on its side if necessary to rescue her. I carefully develop this in the sequel, The Final Act of Haruki Suzumiya, when they go galloping across the cosmos and.. well, you'll see :-).

Again, thank you for the review. I appreciate the feedback very much.
I Before A Except After K chapter 6 . 4/20/2014
As soon as it was revealed what the problem was, I stopped reading. Killed my suspension of disbelief. You don't cross over to another universe (and destroy 5 solar masses in the process) simply because a girl gets injured because a manhandler doesn't know his own strength. Especially when the idiot doesn't realize that he's doing harm. This premise is absurd.
RedPBass chapter 12 . 12/21/2013
Huh...I liked that. Nice, not too heavy on the technobabble or pretentious nonsense like so many other Haruhi stories...pretty good. I'm going on to the next one now.
Bobinator25 chapter 12 . 7/5/2013
That was a fluffy fun story with enough SF to make it interesting. It looks like it basically sets up sequels.

I like the idea of the Secret Service ear thingies. It makes sense for Koizumi to wear an earpiece. I was LMAO at the SkyCom when the world was just ended ("Game over, man, game over!") I love the whole SkyCom thing. It makes sense for the Organization to have something like that. Is 'SkyCom' a H/T to 'SkyNet'? Is that a hint for a future plot?

A fun and clever story.
Hollowtiger chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
anderson54103 chapter 12 . 6/13/2013
I love this story. The sequel is even better.
Puggles chapter 11 . 4/28/2013
I played that Oblivion soundtrack while reading the ending again. Oh my god that was perfect.

What a great sequel hook. It sets up about 100 stories about The Adventures of Kyonko and Kyon.

The beginning implied something really really dark. I'm glad you didn't actually go there and let Kyonko keep her purity.
GummyBear chapter 12 . 4/27/2013
Don't listen to that other reviewer. It was awesome. I love the idea of Kyon being a big-brother mentor to Kyonko. The glimpse of Koizumi unmasked and the comm chatter and the sci-fi refs had me ROTFLMAO. Leave it all in.

You deftly interweaved tragedy and comedy and sentimentality. The twist ending was just wow. The ref to the Oblivion soundtrack was so beautiful. This is now my favorite Kyonko story.
Magnificate chapter 12 . 4/27/2013
I'd suggest to rewrite the entire fic. It has potential, but the execution reads like someone's first effort.

Either make it shorter and more focused or expand it to include three-stage solution.

If Haruhi is not important to the resolution do not include her.

Drop the Organization technobabble and radio chatter. The way it's used detracts from the narrative.

Work on your references. These aren't supposed to be geek-references, rather they should be an added bonus for educated people reading your fic.
HuuskerDu chapter 8 . 4/26/2013
Yep. It's a plot point in Chapter 8.
Magnificate chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
Oh, come on. Teasing is something that Itsuko does. As such Kyonko wouldn't do it, if only for contrast.
HuuskerDu chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
I changed it to make it clear that Haruhi is not condoning an abusive relationship, and that Kyonko went to see Koizumi right at the beginning.
Magnificate chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
The idea of an older couple helping the younger ones solve their issues is awesome.

However. There are several moments that are uncomfortable to read.

"It's okay honey. I know he can be scary sometimes. I was that way too once. He'll get better. I promise." [...] "He'll get better." [...] "He will."
With that phrasing there are serious connotations with abusive relationships. You do not want Haruhi to seem like she supports those.

"Tell him. Show him." [...] "I can't. I've discussed it with Koizumi, and she's checked it with her Organization. If I showed this to Haruki, the explosion of guilt, regret, and frustration would create a closed space that would envelop the whole planet."
I don't buy it. First, Kyonko wouldn't be the sort of person to keep quiet about it, especially the first time it happened, before the Organization could intervene. Second, the fact that Mitsuru agrees with that makes him seem uncaring and in stark contrast to Mikuru.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/24/2013
I liked it! Waiting for more!