Reviews for Light and Dark
rao hyuga 18 chapter 40 . 4/24/2014
Great chapter!
greetingsfrommaars chapter 40 . 4/24/2014
... darn it, now I want to hug him even more. this is ridiculous. I can't go hugging fictional political leaders willy-nilly... even if I wish I could. XD
I wonder how the house servants feel, seeing their employer so obviously /happy/ for once. I daresay that doesn't happen very often, but his small smiles are genuine, at the least.
a thought popped into my head, reading that Temari seemed somehow softer, and happier, after getting married. a thought that, in Hinata's case, she would not grow softer, so much as... stronger. more unshakable. the image that comes to my mind is a graceful willow, leaning and swaying with the wind, but never falling. a source of support. :)
congratulations again on the one-year anniversary! I just realized that, because I've probably reviewed every chapter of this story, if I come and reread it, I won't be able to review again... argh. oh well. the first time is unlike any other.
thank you for sharing a wonderful story with us! it's been a joy. I suppose next up for me is to actually start reading "Coffee Connections", which I've been saving for later...
greetingsfrommaars chapter 39 . 4/24/2014
noooo, don't murder the groom! XD that'll put quite the damper on the festive occasion. oh, now I'm thinking of Monty Python...
it's a very distinct feeling, watching Itachi and Temari all hopeful about prospective future children, when I already know what those children will look like, and can see them in my mind. {in my mind, Temari has a tired grin on her face. the kind where you've expended an incredible amount of energy, but you've come out on the other side and seen that it was worth it, the whole time.]
{and now I'm imagining Itachi as an overprotective father in the classic fashion. greeting possible future boyfriends with a bo staff and a scary smile...]
agh, it's the end. it feels like... well, following someone as she puts in an incredible amount of energy, and comes out on the other side to see that it was worth it, the whole time. ehe. there are stormy times, and pain, but you get through it in time to consider murdering your younger brother before he implodes of excitement. XD
greetingsfrommaars chapter 38 . 4/24/2014
aw, now I really want to give Gaara a hug too... he wouldn't let me, though. XD
this chapter really does lead directly into "Shadows", which amuses me a bit. I feel like we've come full circle... well, I guess you could say that we have- in the storyline, in the time of year.
looking at it from Temari's point of view... yeah, I think that she does have a raging mother tiger in her somewhere. in this case, Hinata's gotten between the mother and her cubs without realizing it, and she has no idea of the wrath she might receive for it... does that metaphor make any sense?
greetingsfrommaars chapter 37 . 4/24/2014
that's something that has pissed me off about the Council here- which isn't to say that the Council doesn't anger me on principle in the first place. but, it always strikes me, how learning you're going to have a child is supposed to be a /happy/ occasion, a reason for laughing and smiling and rejoicing. but the Council has stolen that joy from Temari and Itachi, and that makes me angry. she shouldn't feel like crying when she learns these things! *huff.*
for some reason, the mini-fangirls don't bother me as much as the larger versions tend to. maybe because in this case it's more idol worship than fawning over a peer... yeah, I guess so. or I just think little people are cute. {from an impersonal distance, that is...]
oh, and I almost forgot to say! happy birthday to "Light and Dark"! this story's had an intense, wonderful run, and I'll miss it too. three installments left for me...
Dani Stark chapter 39 . 4/20/2014
OMG!
The end.
I love this story so much (just as a love all the other one of the series) and I'm sad that this is ending. I mean, I know what happens next, but I'll still miss it sooo much.

I think I'm gonna read Shadows again...
Joey Klay chapter 39 . 4/18/2014
That was beautiful. And he was right, that is a selfish reason, but they have a right to a little selfishness after what those - PEOPLE (of whom you did a very effective job of making me HATE throughout) did to them.

When I first saw Shadows on your board i was interested, but noticed the in-progress prequel, and decided I would hold out until Light and Dark was over. I like both Itachi and,because of this story, Temari SO much more than Hinata (though she IS one of my favorite characters,) but I am still eager to see how it all "ends"(if I recall, there was talk of a full fledged sequel at one point.)

You've taken us all on a wonderful journey with this story, and I'll be sad to see it all over.

Thank You.
DSaph chapter 39 . 4/18/2014
I'm sad and glad this story's almost done. Glad because I like a story with a happy ending. Sad because I like this story so much. I might just go back and reread "Shadows" after the bonus chapter. Thank you so much for sticking with this through the tough chapters. Your readers appreciate it.

On a side note, do you think that you'll ever finish "Renewed?" I was watching this show called "Rick and Morty" when one of the characters went to this Titanic re-enactment. It definitely made me think of your story. Whether you do or don't, you're a great writer. Thanks!
greetingsfrommaars chapter 36 . 4/18/2014
gah. I saw the notification for an epilogue, and I died a little inside. I was intending to review on this story's first birthday... XD well, happy week before this fic's first birthday, I guess.
anyway, I suppose that this chapter demonstrates that proper communication is important. it's good to see that things are looking up- at least a little bit- even if there's still a long way to go...
this is probably rather inappropriate of me, but I found the two mentions of something being "interesting" in the first section to be amusing, just because there's such a drastic difference in what they're referring to... yeah. interesting things happened.
also, protective Itachi is indeed endearing.
thank you for writing such a emotionally gripping story, and sorry for being behind all the time! *apologetic bow*
rao hyuga 18 chapter 39 . 4/18/2014
I've enjoyed reading how you've tied these two stories together :) Can't wait for the bonus chapter!
TheGirlWithNoIQ chapter 39 . 4/18/2014
I feel I have lost a lot of things... The fic is nearly done!
The miscarriage.. it broke my heart hearing an about it in Shadows... I had tears in my eyes reading about it now...
Wow, she hated Hinata so much! That explains a lot.
Now I regret taking a break from this fic, but I will sure as hell read Shadows again afterwards! :D
Gaara is just adorable! :3 :#
Dani Stark chapter 38 . 4/17/2014
Aahhh... I love this chapter! Temari is so cute beinh protective! And Itachi being all rational is so him. Haha... very curious for the next!
rao hyuga 18 chapter 38 . 4/14/2014
Great chapter!
Guest chapter 37 . 4/10/2014
Very amusing to see Temari jealous about the children getting most of Itachi's attention, but I got a bit sad when Rena (not that it was her fault) questioned about the possibility of Temari and Itachi's child going to the school and Temari had a breakdown. T.T

Then, it got a little tense when there is a chance that Temari might be pregnant again... As much as I want them to have a child, I hope it's a false alarm (well, I think...? I should know because I've read "Shadows"...)

Most importantly, I can't believe there is going to be only 3 chapters left! "Shadows" is one of my favourite stories that you've written and "Light and Dark" is closely followed, but please tell me is there is going to be another story relating to "Shadows", I know it might be a little selfish but I really don't want this story to end. T.T
Guest chapter 36 . 4/10/2014
Awwww, it's interesting to witness the development of both Temari and Itachi's healing process and it was so sweet that they finally can be back as a couple.

Keep on with the hard work! :D

Now, the next chapter!