Reviews for Light and Dark
Dani Stark chapter 37 . 4/4/2014
Another great one, dear! I love to see things related to Shadows cuz I like it very much! Also... the way you write Itachi x Temari makes me ship them sooooo hard!
greetingsfrommaars chapter 35 . 4/1/2014
and now I flail about helplessly like a bird of prey underwater.
... no, wait, I've never seen a bird of prey underwater.
anyway, delineating descriptions by month was an interesting touch. this may not come across as a compliment, but it actually reminded me of a section of /New Moon/ from the Twilight series, where the author expresses the fact that the narrator is basically dead to the world by having nothing on several pages but the names of the months that passed by. I know, it's Twilight, but it's what I thought of.
the execution itself of this chapter was lovely, though. and depressing, for obvious reasons...
yeah, this review didn't end up coming last week. my apologies.
rao hyuga 18 chapter 36 . 3/30/2014
Great chapter!
Guest chapter 36 . 3/30/2014
... So what was Itachi's answer to Gaara about the Akatsuki?
greetingsfrommaars chapter 34 . 3/23/2014
I disagree- I don't consider it disloyal in the slightest to choose your own family over outside obligations. I would say that surely even ossified old geezers know that, but clearly that's not true...
for me, knowing that Temari's first pregnancy would end like this... made all the joy and celebration leading up to this chapter that much more heartbreaking. it's like... even as I see them smiling, and laughing, I can look ahead and see nothing but despair, y'know? it's a horrible feeling.
so, now I will walk away and calm down a mite.
reviews for later chapters coming sometime in the next week.
greetingsfrommaars chapter 33 . 3/23/2014
oh wow- it's been a year within this story's canon already? hold on.
hey, it's almost been a year for this story, too! in a month, I will try to remember to wish this story a happy birthday.
it's kind of odd to meet Itachi over and over again in different fan stories. the ones I've been reading lately tend to treat him as a sleeper agent in the Akatsuki... this is the first one to make more of a point out of it, though, instead of sort of mentioning it in passing.
ha. haha. Sumi is the best shipper on deck. but then, I tend to like shippers on deck in general.
also, Gaara would definitely need a designated day off. otherwise he'd just keep powering on endlessly... anyway, the reactions to Temari's news were lovely XD it's amusing to see how much hinting someone needs before they make the right connections.
the last sentence makes me feel suddenly sad, too... sigh.
rao hyuga 18 chapter 35 . 3/18/2014
Great chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Joey Klay chapter 35 . 3/16/2014
The depth to put into Suna's politics is astounding; I'm thuroughly impressed. I do, however, hope that the council DOES get what's coming to them. You have quite successfully brought me to hate them with a burning passion; again well done.
My heart broke for Temari, and was crushed for Itachi. I'm still trying to figure out which position is worse: Itachi's, or Temari's. more than likely Temari's, but Itachi's predicament is slightly- SLIGHTLY - easier for me to picture.
Another jewel added to the masterpiece you are weaving quite expertly.
I can't wait for the next chapter.

Be inspired always,
Joey Klay
Dani Stark chapter 35 . 3/14/2014
This chapter was great. I like the intensity of it.

And, I can't believe it's been 35 cchapters. This story is great I really like it.
Clovergirl100 chapter 34 . 3/13/2014
I am finally up to date ya!
rao hyuga 18 chapter 34 . 3/9/2014
Great chapter!
Guest chapter 34 . 3/8/2014
*cries* Oh, Temari... T.T I know why, but still.. WHY!? She didn't deserve it!

This is probably the most emotional, gripping, deep chapter I've read. You've captured their feelings so well that it made me want to cry waterfalls T.T I was so glad to see Temari so happy with her pregnancy and now, everything just fell apart horribly - curse you Council.

Please update soon..
Reader chapter 34 . 3/8/2014
This chapter was perfect. The way you captured all of the emotions at the beginning of two excited to-be parents for the first time was amazing. All the tiny details and preoccupations they would have was very realistic, from guessing the gender right down to wondering how they would look, how they would be in Temari's arms and everything. Really, all the tiny details made everything perfect and made the loss a lot more hard hitting. I've read Shadows so I was prepared but at the same time I wasn't, if that makes sense lol The loss and the scene were Itachi was carrying her to the healers was so heart wrenching. I loved reading this as much as I hated it as the same time. You did a wonderful job with it!
greetingsfrommaars chapter 32 . 3/7/2014
I'm grinning at my computer screen right now. :D :D
ah, the /Shadows nostalgia. I never really know what to feel when watching horse races. usually, I know nothing about any of the competitors, and I don't really cheer for anyone in particular. here, though, viewing from a single perspective gives me a certain someone to root for :) and then, of course, Itachi comes out of nowhere to spin the universe a new one... though, the looks on her brothers' faces definitely must have been priceless.
the idea of the unchoreographed battle of sorts really suits the two of them. clearly, from the first section here, neither one is ready to cede anything to the other easily, but they have that unshakable, breathtaking trust to go along with their indomitable wills, y'know? {FFN says that "unchoreographed isn't a word. huh. amusingly, it also objects to "FFN".]
I've decided to just give a warning for all future chapters now- I'm probably going to review late most of the time now. meh. my apologies.
Dani Stark chapter 34 . 3/6/2014
I rarely review, but I needed to say how much I liked this chapter. You did a really good job with this, the pacing of the scenes, the description of their feelings that was emotional without being over dramatic. It was just right. I really liked it.

Hugs