Reviews for No Easy Way Out
DeathsHeadMoth chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
This so lifted my mood. Thanks, Sugar. And keep 'em coming! ;)
DHM
Pandasushiroll chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Omg! You have got to stop spoiling me with fics like this 3 they give me a happy overload! But this story had like perfect timing, I've had the most exhausting day and I'll be honest your writing just takes my mind off of it and makes me feel like all that tiring work I went through was worth it :D. It was like a nice reward/retreat. So thank you very much!
Also, have I ever mentioned how much I adore the way you write Damian and Tim and Dick? Because I do!
Zeraphie chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
eeee I reeeeaaally wish that the review box still popped up as a window so I can offer a play by play. You know how much I love your stories; that right there is just an understatement. I'm so used to reading your heavier, smuttier oneshots that seeing the light tone in this was surprising. But it works. It definitely works; and it's definitely still your style. :D

The fact that you point out costumes in general; like a third-party observer or someone introducing an inside joke. I love it. Love it, love it, love it; it's the only story I've seen poke fun of it in context, really, beyond Robin's dorky underoos that it's funny. Of course, the scaly underoos act like a freaking right of passage; it gets so tiresome to hear people with that, but you make it work. You *definitely* make it enjoyable.

/Tim Drake isn't, by any means, an imbecile, and he knows better (even if it prompts a bit of horror at the mental discovery) than to deny the fact to himself that the image is arousing. But, facts are facts — Tim doesn't like Damian. Well, not quite in that manner. Not quite maybe. Damian has gotten easier to work with out in the field; he respects the title of Robin. They still verbally fight, however. The side-comments brim with sarcasm along with the continuous jabs at each other's "lack of competence" regardless of situation and who leads.

There's an intimate routine to it, something akin to habit.

They enjoy it. The arguing, the bristling../

I love this analytical part; it's in character and you can read it from Tim's point of view very easily. It's so simple yet it's a very meticulous detail that I enjoy. That's the right word-you're very meticulous in your writing. :D (Plus it almost sounds like a lot of foreplay between them bahaha even though it, for the most part, is just sexual tension that's downright funny.)

Dick's involved! I don't think he was for the other two TimDamian oneshots? I could be wrong; this one's completely separate, of course. He's so cheerful; I love it. I'm so used to YJ Dick's self-loathing pff

/"Oh, c'mon! Don't be such a grouch, Little D," he says, cheerfully. The scowl does not fade off, not even with the appearance of Dick's encouraging and warm smile. "We've all done this, right, Tim?" Dick peeks over to the other, leather armchair and Tim remains silent, concentrating on what blood is gathering underneath his trousers and willing it to vacate./

I think one of the things that made an impression of me on Tim's character; or everyone's interpretation of Tim's character is that he's apparently gay, virgin, and has no interest in sex whatsoever, so writing him in a sexual light has always been "meh," for me. Kind of hard because smut in general just makes me snort at how animalistic a lot of people interpret the characters. You, though. You write Tim very well and I like how you do it; it's always an narration; you can *hear* him groan without having to directly address it. the meticulous points make seeing him very vivid for me.

/Dick laughs as the sixteen-year-old plants his hands on those narrow hips. For once, he takes the safer option and pockets his cell.

I-idk, it doesn't make him sound feminine? Or well, kind of eloquent compared to the other Robins; and very much him. The "narrow" adjective really sticks out to me. Your choice of adjectives is beautiful.

/Damian rolls his eyes, staring down at him instead. "I can fight my own battles, Drake," he announces, not without a drip of malice. Damian turns where he dropped his cashmere slacks. Tim tries to avert his gaze purposely where Damian squats and bends in the arches of his feet to retrieve the slacks, the green curve of his small, gorgeous ass flexing.

He doesn't succeed.

The cold shower during mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and after patrol… doesn't rid the memory either./

I could just see this in my head; Damian bending down, the underoos, his tanned legs. Just, mmm 3 And of course, the ending is amazing.

I love this

You're so amazing why do you talk to me