Reviews for The Lion King: Cub Stories - Book One: The Littlest Cub
Phoebe chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
I love it, I wish there were more stories like this
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 4 . 6/2/2013
Glad Mheetu and the others are safe.

Really enjoying this, I'd be very interested in seeing a fully explored version.
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
Wow, hope Mheetu is ok.

This was a very dramatic chapter, great job.
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
I really loved this chapter.

The interactions were perfect and Chumvi and Simba's friendly rivalry and Nala's big sister persona are really well done.

I love Tama, she reminds me if someone I know, especially the attitude.

Mheetu is very cute.

So yeah, great job.
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Nice chapter, really enjoyed it very nice to see the cubs being cubs for once.

Good job, I'll definitely be reading more.
yeti1995 chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
Great work! Your description of the leopard really stood out there... I loved it! It actually scared me! The others are right, after you finish this series, you can always go to something much more serious and action packed, because your descriptions of situations are magnificent! And I love descriptive writing!

I loved the ending... A little brother-sister moment there... How adorable! Nala does seem to be really caring... And I'm happy that Mheetu proved himself to the older cubs! Another thing that I loved about this book was the banter between Simba and Chumvi... It was hilarious! "The fact that several
minutes had passed since Simba and Chumvi had even argued was a testament to just how much of their spirit had been sapped." That pretty much sums it up! I'm pretty sure this will continue in the next book, and I'm looking forward to it!

Comic-izing this? It would be awesome! If you do plan on making a few comics, be sure to send me a copy! :P Yeah it would have been would have been wonderful if they had made an animated series of the cubs.. I even googled it, but all I got was TLk6NA... Oh, but it's all right... This does more than suffice!

Other cubs? Tojo and Kula are the other two cubs mentioned...Both of them are soft-natured, easy going and very sweet.. And Kula, in most stories that I've read, is Chumvi's love interest... That could be an interesting turn of events.. And then there's Malka... I'm not really sure what he's like, but most writers portray him as a prankster... , But whether they can be included in the story or not, is entirely up to you.. I'll be happy either way..

You want to catch up on reading, eh? Well, a certain dude who's currently reviewing your story has just put his up! Just saying... :-P Anyway, this was a very cute, heart-warming, fun-to-read, happy book.. I really look forward to more! When do you think the next book will come out? Either way, I'm adding you to my favourites list so I get an update! Thanks a lot for this book! It made my day happier!
LionKingFactsGuy2 chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
I think it would be so cool if they did have an animated series of the cubs.
ElfstoneEvenstar chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
Aww. I very much enjoyed this story. I loved how you portrayed Mheetu and Nala's relationship. Instead of Nala being annoyed by Mheetu she was a kind and loving sister. You are a very good writer and I do hope you write another like this! It was a pleasure reading from you!
ElfstoneEvenstar chapter 3 . 4/25/2013
Ooh. I quite like this story so far. You are a very good writer. I like that you made Nala very protective of her brother rather than annoyed by Mheetu. Please please pretty please update soon!
Chu10 chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
Ahh oh my gosh yay! A happy ending! I think Nala and Mheetu really outshone the other cubs in this adventure. Mheetu is so cute towards his sister! That was so touching, and what a lovely reunion for two little siblings. Awwww!

Animated series? Daw, now I wished I'd taken animation instead of architecture at school. LOL!

The jungle was vaguely described, but that was not important...I think what you really did best was the leopard. As I've said before, your potential lies in writing action sequences, and I really loved the way you made the leopard leap out of the page, ferocious and lithe predator :O Amazing! If only Sarabi had fought the leopard even more ferociously. But who am I to complain? I was as relieved as the cubs were! Phew!

Once again, I love the cuteness and 'awwwwwwww' of the ending!
Chu10 chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
YAY Mheetu is safe! I am so happy now :D Nothing bad has come to the little cub! Oh come here, you *hugs Mheetu*

Final chapter? Ooh, then this was originally intended to be a little sweet story after all :) I like it, because it contrasts to what most of us write and see nowadays! :)
yeti1995 chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
Great chapter! I felt really bad for Mheetu there.. Thank god he found Zazu! I was really worried about him.. The others at least have each other.. Poor Nala... She really really cares about her little brother.

"Every step that Nala took, however, stung her with guilt;". I could actually feel it stinging me when I was reading the story... Magnificent writing! It would probably be a good idea to expand the part where Mheetu's stuck, I guess.. There were probably millions of thoughts going through his head then...

And boy, Chumvi never does stop, does he? It's fun to read when there's someone irritating in the group... It makes it pretty funny! Haha I guess the cubs are in BIG trouble when they get back..

And the last part was incredible... Where in the world are they! What are they going to find there? So many questions! I'd love to see where this is going!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/24/2013
you did a great job on your first two chapters.i am looking forward to the next chapter.
J0hnnyboy chapter 3 . 4/25/2013
I like it a lot so far. Wonder whats gonna happen to Mheetu.
Chu10 chapter 3 . 4/25/2013
Ooh this is truly an adventure! When I first read this, I thought it was going to be somewhat like Totoro, the popular Japanese animated film which is awesome due to the worry free environment throughout the show. But then it turned quite cliché...but nevertheless exciting!

The cubs are written very genuinely and they get annoying at times, but your description of the incidents in the burrow is action packed and exciting. I feel that your potential lies in writing action! Overall, great grammar, genuine characters. It's a great start for a story!

I only have one qualm...have you been down in a cave before (in this case a burrow)? It's extremely dark, a little damp, and the spaces are tight and they invoke claustrophobia in some people. I'm not trying to shoot the part in the burrow down, I'm just saying it may be improved in some ways :) other than that, everything else was very well done, although none of the cubs really connected with me except for Mheetu. I'm worried about that little guy!

Well, let's raise a toast to the start of both our stories. Cheers!