Reviews for White Flags
Anonymous Person chapter 56 . 4/18
The attitude that the four of them hold, James, Sirius, Remus, and, Lily is honestly kind of scary. So first James gets kidnapped a freakin' TORTURED for a month. He bounces back scarily quick and is even able to stomach having the Imperius cast on him and voluntarily feel the effects of the Cruciatus on him mere months later. Not to mention the fact that Sirius put up one hell of a fight against the Imperius and even managed to freakin' JOKE about the Cruciatus. Let't not forget the Imperius pretty much didn't effect Remus. Now they've been sent on their first mission with the Order and two of their own get captured. Despite being captured under threat of death, Sirius and Lily are levelheaded enough to hold conversation about how to escape and aren't showing any outward signs of fear. Then there's James and Remus who are dead set on leaving safety to mount a rescue mission, using pretty much any means they have access to in order to accomplish said self-made mission, even using a feakin' life debt. Then there's also their personal abilities and the items that have almost exclusive access to. A vast knowledge and capability to use various forms of rather high-leveled magic both wand, and wandlessly. A lot of knowledge about the terrain thanks to the current mission being close to Potter Mansion. Access to an Invisibility Cloak, and three of them possess animagus forms that neither side has thought to ward against. Finally there's their unbending loyalty to each other and a frighteningly literal no one left behind policy the lot of them share. Might I just note they're not even out of school yet.
Anonymous Person chapter 28 . 4/17
Completely confused why Peter thought anyone could possibly be a passable imitation of any Marauder when the other two were present. Truly, the lot of them might as well share one collective brain sometimes.
broooookkkeeee chapter 8 . 12/10/2020
i love this series so far!
i really like how the marauders call lily out on her bs instead of always apologizing like most of the fics i’ve read.
AS chapter 60 . 9/4/2020
I don't typically read a lot of James/Lily stories, but I've enjoyed your writing so much that I figured I should give it a shot. I'm glad I did! To be honest, I think I enjoyed a lot of it because I felt like I got background into instances you allude to in other stories (Sirius staying at Privet Drive, the Porkey prank, etc), but I also thought this was a really unique way for James and Lily to start dating. In addition, it was nice to see Lily develop friendships with the other Marauders.

In general, I thought this story was overall a good idea about the first wizarding war which has always been described as a terrifying time - high profile murders (James' parents) and disappearances. Being able to read the instances when James and Lily defied Voldemort was interesting too, as that was a big part of the prophecy. Not to mention, I think you did a great job explaining Peter's motives for becoming a Death Eater, but also kept portraying the Marauders as friends - there's a lot of fics out there that depict Peter as the tagalong in their group, and I tend to like the stories more when he's part of the group because I don't think James would have agreed to have Peter as secret keeper if they weren't good friends. So I'm glad Peter was seen as their friend throughout this, even though he betrayed them.

James and Sirius at 4 Privet Drive was HYSTERICAL as they got to examine a muggle house.

And the final chapter was heartbreakingly perfect since we all know what happened next :( I truly don't think you could have ended it better, but man is it sad to read.
Waitingeagerly chapter 60 . 8/6/2020
Hello, I've read you're other stories and decided to give the one a go. I absolutely loved this story, and for me it is now fact in the wizarding world. I just wanted to this chapter made me cry, considering that James says that he'll see Lilly in a minute after locking up and then... Well you know what. It absolutely breaks my heart. Great story!
Iniga chapter 60 . 7/3/2020
What I like most about this fic is the dynamic between Sirius and James/Lily. He has a relationship with Lily that’s simultaneously part of their respective relationships with James and independent of their respective relationships with James. Meanwhile, while Sirius is unquestionably James’ best friend, the other two Marauders are also their “brothers” in word and deed. I expect that that was the dynamic implied by canon, but it’s very unusual to see it in fanfiction. I also especially liked the sequence at the Evans house with Vernon. It felt incredibly on point. Thanks for sharing!
madformoony chapter 60 . 6/30/2020
im just really happy you ended it where you did. though if you wanted to, you could have killed james and lily and left it at that, just for angst purposes. i hate to think of padfoot and moony, wanting to come round for lunch the next day. but lovely story, well done
Kali0320 chapter 60 . 4/9/2020
I loved this fanficcc!
cuteasduck chapter 60 . 3/3/2020
OMG OMG OMG OMG I cannot believe it that you finished it there this is perfect
Guest chapter 11 . 2/13/2020
Why do you make James into such a goody two shoes. I get Lily's supposed to thing he's different and all but I way prefer Remus to him and I bet Remus would be a better person when it comes to girls. Beside Remus is a Werewolf. He can't go about shirtless without Lily noticing. Otherwise it's good.
irusita chapter 60 . 1/2/2020
great story! thank you!
aezsem chapter 60 . 12/20/2019
WHAT A PLACE TO END BLESS U THIS IS PERFECT
Rebel Goddess chapter 60 . 11/13/2019
Well this was a total delight and a pleasure to read. I particularly liked the way you developed each of the boys' personalities separately. It was also very, very funny. Now I'm off to find more of your stuff to read.
Guest chapter 60 . 6/22/2019
Thank you so much for this amazing story! Kept me
busy for a long time, including many late nights! You portrayed the characters so well. This is the first story I think I’ve read that has properly done so— especially with Peter’s character. Well done! I hope you continue writing
Guest chapter 60 . 5/10/2019