Reviews for Phoenix
LucyVanPolevault chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
Ugh. Loved this too. I love your take on this fandom. More please?
gallena chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Awesome! I really liked this. Great job!
Kittyreid chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
would love for this to be continued as a story
subversivegrrl chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Nice. I like your version of things. Would happily read more if you decided to carry this further.
AlannasTara chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Love it!
othergrayhairedqueenbitch chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
I loved this.
jas87 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Good story. It would be great if you wrote a sequel!
Tinkerbell99 chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
I loved this! I liked the darkness in this. It made the happy(ish) ending feel more deserved. Really, really nice work!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Wonderful story. I hope you continue to write for Caryl.
Green Owl chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I was expecting a sweet, heart-warming little fic of Daryl and Carol helping each other to feel their way out of despair, but then you dropped the smut bomb on me and "BOOM!" I became a mess of feelings and hormones and guuuuuh.

My favorite exchange:

**Gathering up her things, she turned to make her way to the door when Daryl staggered to his feet and came up behind her.

"I tell ya what. Hit me."

Carol goggled at him. "Hit you? I'm not going to—"

"Go on. Fifteen years, Carol! Tell me it wouldn't feel good to have that bastard here right now so ya could haul off and bust th' fuck outta him."

She was horrified. "You're not Ed, Daryl…" she protested weakly.

"The whole time ya was married, weren't nothin' ever good enough for him, was there? No matter how hard ya tried, there was always somethin' lackin', always a reason for him to lay his hands on ya. And he never EVER apologized for it, did he?"

She shook her head the tiniest bit, her eyes wide and glistening. "No—"

"But then, things got scary as fuck for ya, 'cause he started in on Sophia, didn't he?" Her flinch told him he was on the right track, and he continued in that soft, almost hypnotic voice.

"All the sudden, he wanted her around when he couldn't give two shits about her before. Ya saw the way he looked at her, ya saw and ya knew the evil that was crawlin' through his sick mind, didn't ya, Carol?"

He moved in on her, following her until she was cornered against the wall, thrusting his face close to hers as he shouted, "That's when ya knew what fear was, 'cause ya knew the day was gonna come when ya wouldn't be there to protect her from her own dad—"

WHAP!

Carol gasped in horror, appalled at what she'd done, but he laughed at her.

"Shit! That all ya got, lady? Hell, ya cain't even hit right!"

WHAP!

"Wimpy-assed woman," he jeered.

And again. WHAP!

She hit him three more times, each time harder than the last, and would have kept on if he hadn't caught her wrists and held on tight. They were nose to nose, both of them gasping for breath, eyes blazing as they glared at one another.

Suddenly, his mouth swooped down and he was kissing her.**

This needs to find its way into canon. Immediately. Because...FEELINGS.
crystal2817 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I loved it so much more please continue to write about this
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Wonderful.
Dixonrocks chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Amazing!
judyootori chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
beautiful! I just love it, please i need a continuation...pretty please :(
rlmn chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
You know how much I love this short fic, but I'll say it again. This piece is so full of emotion, running the gamut and giving us insight to Carol at the same time. Perfect! I'm so glad you decided to give it a go and write again!