Reviews for From Dawn to Setting Sun
5bumz22 chapter 1 . 5/4
oh my heart is breaking. you are right. call of silence was a beautifully done episode. I especially love when Kate dances with Yost and she cries while the guys look on emotionally. I cry every time.
DarkGhana chapter 1 . 5/8/2016
Can I just say that this story is a tad mean! I spent most of the story thinking Gibbs died! But I really enjoyed the story. Nice work!
bjq chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
FABS
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Saf
annabelthegreat chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
Mean mean mean... but brilliant...
Kerensa chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Awww, it was Ernie. Poor Tony. A very nice tribute to a wonderful actor and a very brave soldier.
friend chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I liked this but Ernie Yost was going to be buried with his wife at Ball's Bluff National Cemetery.
magis1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
*gulp* - Took me a long time to realize this is not Gibbs' funeral. What a loving farewell to Actor and Character, Charles Durning/Ernie Yost. Lest we forget - who safeguards our freedom.
Being a European girl myself with friends in uniform I stand in awe and with gratitude for those who guard our values in the face of adversity both in the line of fire and far too often at home as well. We need them as long as there are those who deny freedom and wellbeing to others... Lest we forget
Patti chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
Just found this story. Had me sad thru the whole story, tinking was Gibbs. Still good story bout Ernie Yost character. You are good.
MidwestDreamer chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Just discovered this story and have to say, "Wow." This is an amazingly powerful piece and I didn't realize, until reading it, the similarities between Gibbs and Cpl. Yost. The description of the funeral service and the Marines' actions during it gave me chills. Thanks for such a poignant follow up to the friendship we got to see building between Tony and Ernie during "Call of Silence." I love that you published it on ANZAC Day... and, as someone who still carries a bit of NZ in my heart (I lived there for a year as an exchange student from the U.S. many years ago), I will wish you a Happy ANZAC Day a few days in advance; may we always remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Wow very nice. For a moment I thought I was reading about Gibbs , well done.
lilsis15 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
This story was so sweet, I very much enjoyed reading it.
cindythechef chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Oh man consider this a virtual Gibbs slap. I read it to the end thinking it was GIbbs who died. You are an evil writer lol Tears fell freely ;( Good job ;)
engedi6k chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
You know, I have a favorite necklace I wear that is beautiful in its simplicity. Just the one gem in a simple setting. That is what this story reminds me of. Beautiful in it's simplicity, but with a depth that makes it sparkle.

Thank you for sharing such a moving tribute to Ernie Yost (and Charles Durning). A tissue or two was definitely in use while I read this, and I was never so grateful for a plot twist as I was at the end of this. Now I need to go back and read it again.
iwantpie chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I wasn't sure what to expect by the end and was surprised. Definitely made me cry. Wonderful story.