Reviews for From Dawn to Setting Sun
annabelthegreat chapter 1 . 4/13
Mean mean mean... but brilliant...
Kerensa chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Awww, it was Ernie. Poor Tony. A very nice tribute to a wonderful actor and a very brave soldier.
friend chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I liked this but Ernie Yost was going to be buried with his wife at Ball's Bluff National Cemetery.
magis1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
*gulp* - Took me a long time to realize this is not Gibbs' funeral. What a loving farewell to Actor and Character, Charles Durning/Ernie Yost. Lest we forget - who safeguards our freedom.
Being a European girl myself with friends in uniform I stand in awe and with gratitude for those who guard our values in the face of adversity both in the line of fire and far too often at home as well. We need them as long as there are those who deny freedom and wellbeing to others... Lest we forget
Patti chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
Just found this story. Had me sad thru the whole story, tinking was Gibbs. Still good story bout Ernie Yost character. You are good.
MidwestDreamer chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Just discovered this story and have to say, "Wow." This is an amazingly powerful piece and I didn't realize, until reading it, the similarities between Gibbs and Cpl. Yost. The description of the funeral service and the Marines' actions during it gave me chills. Thanks for such a poignant follow up to the friendship we got to see building between Tony and Ernie during "Call of Silence." I love that you published it on ANZAC Day... and, as someone who still carries a bit of NZ in my heart (I lived there for a year as an exchange student from the U.S. many years ago), I will wish you a Happy ANZAC Day a few days in advance; may we always remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Wow very nice. For a moment I thought I was reading about Gibbs , well done.
lilsis13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
This story was so sweet, I very much enjoyed reading it.
cindythechef chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Oh man consider this a virtual Gibbs slap. I read it to the end thinking it was GIbbs who died. You are an evil writer lol Tears fell freely ;( Good job ;)
engedi6k chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
You know, I have a favorite necklace I wear that is beautiful in its simplicity. Just the one gem in a simple setting. That is what this story reminds me of. Beautiful in it's simplicity, but with a depth that makes it sparkle.

Thank you for sharing such a moving tribute to Ernie Yost (and Charles Durning). A tissue or two was definitely in use while I read this, and I was never so grateful for a plot twist as I was at the end of this. Now I need to go back and read it again.
iwantpie chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I wasn't sure what to expect by the end and was surprised. Definitely made me cry. Wonderful story.
secretchild chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Cheater. Making me cry and stuff. ;-) Seriously, beautiful story. You're right - "Call of Silence" is one of those episodes that sticks with you and Ernie Yost was one amazing character. This was a wonderful tribute to that character and to the actor himself.

And you did a great job with the ambiguity. The twist was there, but as you read through the story it does become apparent that it could, and likely is, someone other than Gibbs. Well done!
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
It was one of those 'It can't be' moments but yet you know deep down desolately that it has to be true. Ah, you had me with this one Laine and then your final tribute brought me to tears!
20fourseven chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Another Gem ! Well written (as always) & interesting to note Charles Durning's War Record.
Big Elephant Stamp !

Timbo.
katesari chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
You had me thinking that this was Gibbs... But you moved me to tears... which isnt easy to do!
Enjoyed reading it even though I was crying at the end. And sort of glad that it wasnt Gibbs that was gone. Did love that episode with Corporal Ernie Yost. Bye