Reviews for Perspective
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
this is just a great idea... i mean, it makes total sense here. sniper shots and all that shes been through, this should have set something off in her so, great thinking :D
FanzelForever chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
This is awesome! It seems a lot more realistic to me than what actually happened, if I'm being honest. I mean, seriously, PTSD isn't just a there-one-day-and-gone-the-next kind of thing. If you ask me, being shot at by a sniper again would definitely fuel a panic attack. But, whatever. It all worked out in the end. Anyway, great writing! It's just really well done, and I can picture all of it happening just like this.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
It is nicely written. A little more punch into the mind of Kate (and also of Castle) would have made our day.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Thank you so much for writing this. I've thought about this scenario in my head since the episode. :)
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I like your take on this. I think that sniper shot should have affected her, at least in some way. Wasn't that long ago that she had PTSD. Nice!
GuppyintheOcean chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Exactly! The is exactly the kind of asshat that Erik Vaughn appeared to me to be, throughout the entire episode. what a jerk.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Nice touch. I liked it. Good job!
NickyM96 chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
O ... M ... G ... I loved this! I've been SO pissed off the last week because of Squab/Quail, but this was a great fic to make it all better. The last line was the best. Right now, all that matters is that they're together. So good. Thanks again for giving me something to smile about with these two.
musicnlyrics chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks for sharing!
Malachi chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Thank you for giving your AU Beckett far and away more sense than even the canon "Squab" writers. "Squab" all by itself is a terrible episode for accurate characterization. And when you see "Still" (it was already out on iTunes in Europe a day or two ago), and realize that "Still" takes place immediately BEFORE "Squab," it certainly will give enough grist to fic writers trying to reconcile the two.

Myself, I'm just highly annoyed with Beckett at this point, making me wonder why on earth Castle wasted 5 years trying to "be with Kate." Push her about personal issues, and she either runs or closes herself off. Don't push her, and she wonders about your commitment level. It's like "WarGames": "The only winning move is not to play."
black.berries.and.lime chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I am so glad that I wasn't the only one who saw Vaughn this way! Like most of the other reviewers, I felt like he was laying it all on way too thick. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that the champagne scene was a set up. There is no way a man like that could improperly open the bottle, when he has to have done it so many times before!
Dbear chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Very good job, it’s a shame this episode didn’t go this direction, because to be honest I felt if there hadn’t been a gun shot, there was a good chance Vaughn would have succeeded in bedding Kate. He had been playing her as a cheap fiddle all through this episode.

As for the women defending Vaughn, your wrong, this guy was a complete and utter sleazebag. His sole purpose in his “I am a saint” act was to bed Beckett. If he had succeeded, he would have tossed her away like used tissue a couple days later.

He wasn’t even really that good at it, he laid it on too thick and he pushed too hard. But I guess if you have a British accent and your rich you can get away with cheesy pick-up lines and bogus stories.

Trust us ladies, this guy was a world class scumbag, and he had no feelings for Beckett. Least in season one Castle was actually honest with Beckett about what he wanted, versus this jerk.

Wish Beckett had shown more intelligence and loyalty to Castle in this episode.
MadMalachi chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
"Vaughn was a deeper man than just trying to get into her pants. He was fascinated by her, like Castle. He would've tried to help Kate. Since he doesn't know Kate as well as he thinks he does, he would only make it worse, and Kate would want Castle, but you got Vaughn's character wrong."

First, this piece is obviously AU, since Beckett did not actually have the PTSD episode. This gives a bit more freedom to expand and alter characters.
Second, Vaughn is a one-off minor character, which means that no one has any idea what his real motives were, and your opinion on the matter is no more correct than the author's.
Third (and this is a big one), the guy tries to seduce Beckett *after she told him she was in a relationship.* This makes him, in my opinion, a creep. It also turns every single piece of dialogue he had in the episode into a bad pickup line.

As for the author - thank you for the story.
morethanwordscansay chapter 1 . 4/25/2013