Reviews for Against All Odds
MMarlo chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Oh, this is perfect - heartbreakingly, devastatingly, perfect. Anxious to continue the story, so please post the next chapter, soon.
huntaj18 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Holy shit, this is incredible. I love this. Cannot wait to see where this goes.

She didn't give up on him. He's not giving up on her. So painful

that he'll forget the taste of her mouth smiling under his, the feel of her clever hands over his bare skin, the sound of her laugh when he asked if he could use her handcuffs I want to sob

Even on the worst day, there's a possibility for , stickman. Castle going through Kate’s desk was so painful but so good. Loved Gates.

And sometimes, late at night, when he's alone in bed and misses her the most, he wonders if, maybe, it wouldn't be more merciful to pray for her death What a thought. My god.

how he's never had a dad, never really needed one until now, and the only reason Jim Beckett is here at all is because the link between them is broken. SO GOOD. Seriously. SO SO SO SO GOOD.
Cora Clavia chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
SOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
pkl chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Oh, my. Ripping my heart out. And I'm clinging to this trust-thingy. Oh, my heavens.
fangfaceAndrea chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Yep angst is one way to describe it. This was written way too well so I definitely felt Castle's pain. I just want to hug him :(
xAubex chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
This is heartbreaking but your writing is so amazing that I like to torture myself. I really hope she will keep the baby. Can't wait to read more.
Dmarx chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Ugh, I don't even know how I'm going to make it through this fic when just this first chapter has be wanting to curl up under my desk and bawl my eyes out. Good grief. The raw pain and angst. My heart breaks for Castle. And I could probably quote every single line of this chapter and call it my favorite, but the truth is that I think these two broke me the most:

"And sometimes, late at night, when he's alone in bed and misses her the most, he wonders if, maybe, it wouldn't be more merciful to pray for her death."

"I think she's dead, son," he says gently, laying a hand over Castle's forearm. "I think she's dead, and she never meant to take you into that darkness with her."

I just...I don't think my heart can handle this. But I love your writing and I trust you to put the pieces of my shattered heart back together in the end.

Diana
andreamae24 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Oh, hello there angst! I'm looking forward to this, even though I know you'll probably break my heart along the way.
lp1983 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Yep, it went dark and angsty, but I liked it. I want a chapter two...and I want her to be alive...amnesia would work, or she really has been held all this time...I'm with Castle, Tyson is still alive. And I still don't believe that Beckett couldn't even fathom that Tyson survived, with everything he had just put them through.
liviafan1 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I chickened out after I read your author's note, so know that I WILL read this and review the crap out of it, but I might have to wait til it's done because I totally trust you to break my heart into a million little pieces and I really look forward to that journey.

So hopefully you won't hold it against me. :)

Love youuuuuuuuu and your beautiful writing.

Liv
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Interesting. Now make it better.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A LONG REVIEW BUT YESSSSSSS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO POST THIS!

I promise next one will be good but you know how much I absolutely love and adore this story. It kills me how broken he is over losing her. It kills me what he becomes, that he sends his daughter away (but that's probably more because she's annoying and a pain in the ass lol) and becomes this totally different person.

I can't even with the Jim scene. I think I may have cried the first time I read that. Because Jim was once that person who lost the love of his life and it nearly broke HIM. And the offering of the drink. I CAN'T. I DON'T WANNA READ THIS PAIN AGAIN JULIE. MAKE IT STOP.

WELL THEN. I'LL BE UNDER MY DESK CRYING IF YOU NEED ME. BRING WINE.
2,322 | « Prev Page 1 .. 145 152 153 154 155