Reviews for Against All Odds
philliesfan1000 chapter 32 . 12/9/2016
Oh my god. This story was breathtakingly, heartstoppingly good. Reading it is practically the only thing I've done for the past few days. I did only skim over the parts when Rick and Kira got together, because I didn't want to read about that, clinging instead to Caskett, but I agree with Kate that it was good that Kira pulled Rick back from the abyss. Your writing of the complex emotions was so good that I could empathize and understand Rick loving Kira and Kate at the same time, and that I did want him to avoid being swallowed up by deep grief even while I wanted him to not give up on Kate (irrationally, for I thought Jim Beckett was right - - and I also got from the story that he realized he needed to be more alive than dead for the sake of Alexis and his relationship with her, which was always so strong and beautiful). I could understand the mix of wanting to know and dreading to know the worst of what Kate had suffered, his fears of losing her again. Could understand her mix of still-unquenched spirit and vulnerability, her need for Castle's love and for her own independence, her mix of jealousy and gratitude towards Kira. You wrote everything so beautifully and compellingly.

My one critique of sorts is for the part where either Rick or Kate, I forget which one, mused that she had survived her mother's death and having to make a deal with Bracken as well as being Tyson's hostage: I thought the significance of Bracken's attempted murder of her, of surviving that shooting, also bore mentioning.

(At moments when Rick or Kate would refer to her being safe now, I would think with sadness that she will still have to survive more hardships at the hands of Bracken - for even leaving out the last two seasons' plotlines of a Castle disappearing on their wedding day and the whole LokSat tangle, there would still be Belly Of The Beast and Veritas events. Poor Beckett. And Castle along with her.)

I loved that their love survived this terrible ordeal. They sort of took turns having breakdowns and were able to support one another through them, for the most part, and at times when they fought, they made up relatively quickly and without bearing a grudge over it. Certainly, seeing the therapist was a must - and she was wonderful. But while Castle always admires Kate's spirit and heart -and justifiably so - he also has great strength via the force of his love, which allowed him to survive her return with determination equal to hers. Credit to Kate for not running but for trying to heal for Rick and herself both - for understanding that it was trauma for him as well as for her. Credit to Castle for such wonderful compassion and effort to support Kate's healing. Their mutual commitment to one another, to fighting for their love, was the real force of the story.

Thank you. Now I have to try to find the M insert!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/23/2016
Your writing makes me cry like a baby. Can't stop crying.
Deb838 chapter 32 . 10/30/2016
Fantastic story - thank you
Deb838 chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
Oh wow, I'm in tears & feeling all sorts of feels...

I heard about this on the Castlefic Stream & am very pleased to be reading.
CharacterDriven chapter 29 . 10/26/2016
oh, that was painful.
CharacterDriven chapter 21 . 10/26/2016
The shoes.
Le sigh.
CharacterDriven chapter 6 . 10/26/2016
Wow. Beautiful and... adult. Nice change from some of the fics I've read.
beckettkatherineh chapter 27 . 9/5/2016
Absolutely loved this, I'm sad its finished. So well written! Thank you
AngelLonginus chapter 32 . 8/30/2016
This story was amazing. It was the most emotional fic I have ever read meaning I literally felt like crying the whole time. I couldn't put it down. It was that good!Thank you!
tshlw chapter 32 . 8/2/2016
I have read this a few times and each time I am blow away. This whole story is a masterpiece. I cried over the first few chapters so much emotion. You did an amazing job with both characters. I felt everything right along with them. Their journey to healing with each other was done with a deft hand never getting to sappy or over emotional just the right combination. Thank you for writing and I wish you were still writing for Castle.
lauhall chapter 32 . 7/12/2016
OMG, I loved it, I mean my heart hurt during the entire story, but I loved it, you did such a good job, I just couldn't stop reading.
hug-me chapter 32 . 7/6/2016
Oh man, this killed me! In the best possible way! I have read the first chapter so many times but never continused because I thought it was going to be heartbreaking. In a way it was, but I am so glad I read it. You are an incredible writer. Thank you for sharing your gift!
Dc11packer chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
You are tearing my heart out. I feel like I am in the room with Rick and Jim, experiencing the pain of each man. Great writing !
unannalome7 chapter 32 . 4/30/2016
I liked this story very very much! well done and thanks for writing it! :)
Guest chapter 32 . 2/10/2016
I LOVE THIS FIC!_
Since I started reading... just cuoldn' t stop!
Congratulations for such great story you wrote.
And I know it been a while but...I'm really looking forward for a second part, a oneshot maybe, a chapter 33 where we can see what will happen in that dinner they're going to have. You know, something more "family"
That will be great!
Just keep going...please :)
~3mily
(En realidad hablo espaƱol asi que si hay algun error en lo escrito anteriormente...sorry c: )
2,322 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »