Reviews for An Ideal Husband
srmacrina chapter 3 . 8/16
Every few days I check to see if anything has been updated. And, when I do, I almost always read something again as a consolation prize.

Really, Foley is quite the best there is. Read everything! And, then read it again.
Very good.
romancefantasy chapter 3 . 5/15
This was a great story and I loved every bit of it. I really love Sarek/Amanda stories. I think their romance is legendary and no matter how many stories or retellings I read I still cannot get enough.
pandorablueskies chapter 3 . 2/21
I can't tell you how much I liked this story, especially the realism in the emotional responses of both Sarek and Amanda pre- and post- pon farr. Thanks for a very good read!
GWBear chapter 3 . 11/21/2013
A great story, filled with some delicate nuance that would be very real and fitting.

You have done some deep thinking and analysis throughout your stories on the strengths and weaknesses involved in Human-Vulcan marriage and bonding, far beyond what any of the Star Trek shows ever attempted. You have treated the topic maturely and fairly. Lots of fans show their respect for a series or a story with enthusiastic copies that are a form of flattery, not so many with a well conceived addition to the universe of that series that fundamentally adds depth and meaning. You have done this... added something fundamentally deeper and more serious, I think, in your various writings.

Well done!
Melodious chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
Whenever I discover a new story from Pat Foley I can't wait a moment to read it. Despite the hour or responsibilities, I just can't resist. I am not disappointed. This story so aptly used Oscar Wilde's story to remind us that within all of us abides white and black, and then helps us smile at our own "humanity," regardless of where we originate. I think we all desire the "Cinderella" story, and the wisest of us are willing to go arm in arm with "Prince Charming" if real trust and commitment are there.
maba7x chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
Love your ongoing series. Please continue...
maba7x chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Wow! Amanda now has to deal with another nut job!
MjM chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
This Amy is a nut. I suspect she will go through with it, though. It is too bad Amanda is so reluctant to say anything to help her. I would think even just telling her of the preparations Amanda had just done could help her and given how much stronger, hardier and designed for Vulan conditions Vulcans are I wouldn't think that would break any rules of proprity. Good story so far though. On to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
This sure took the romance out of pon farr! Thanks for bringing realism and love into their marriage, and making Sarek more accessible emotionally. Also it made Amanda choice of a mate less far fetched. Amy sounded the equivalent of 13 yrs old, didn't she? It wasn't a nice solution to her threats, but she had to eliminated somehow. Who knew a Vulcan cud be so selfish as he had to have planned these attacks, knowing they'd be killed. He must have wanted to stay a crazy bachelor really badly!
nonymouse1 chapter 3 . 6/5/2013
I always enjoy your stories. They take me on an emotional roller coaster, but they ask honest questions that make sense to ask. Glad to see this from you. :)
uss71832 chapter 3 . 5/27/2013
I've always wondered about that. My character is Mythgosian and while we don't have Pon Farr, there is a ceremony that brings out a mating heat in the couple. You see, the female has to accept the male and that means fighting her to the death. If a male can overcome her and get her to accept him, then he can mate with her and make her his. That's the only time that happens, but the loss of self, only to see the other as a potential enemy where love once was, only to have the possibility of coming out of it to see the one you love on the ground, his blood on your hands and claws...sometimes potential mates don't think about that, only the mystery of another race. Excellent...
Illena chapter 3 . 5/24/2013
I have read this a second time. It is thoughtful, and thought provoking. Amanda has remained isolated and alien, and will remain so no matter how long she lives on Vulcan.
Anyway great story.
Ghiri chapter 3 . 5/10/2013
Excellent story as always. :). This story brings up some important points. Just as tigers are not big tabby cats, Vulcans are not humans with pointed ears and upswept eyebrows. They are a totally different spceies as well as culture. They are going to look at life very differently than a human or any other species, in this case personal survival. Ms. Prue should have done her research before making such a hasty decision.
scrimshaw chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
I've been out of for a while now due to new work and life responsibilities; however, when I happened to check back in the dusty folders of my inbox and saw a new story from Pat Foley, about Star Trek, with the title of one of the most awesome plays ever written, my head practically exploded with joy. I couldn't help clicking, and reading.

And I couldn't help squeeing like the worst fangirl ever.

I loved the setup, the introduction of Miss Prue (who may or may not have an ancient Earth ancestor known as Mrs. Cheveley), and the various plot threats you've held over our dear heroine. I thought May was going to be entirely consumed with my anticipation for "Into Darkness;" now I see instead I will have to fit in time to follow this new excellent installment from one of the greatest Star Trek writers out there. It may be morbid, but I'll enjoy watch this genius unfold.