Reviews for Derailed
Eponime chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
That was all so realistic - the detail was amazing, and you could almost picture everything happening like it was an actual scene in the show. Thank you for that. I hated Sam for that comment, but at the same time thought that it wasn't at all like him. I've never liked Artie much - I think he's selfish and too ready to go along with other people, even if he knows it's wrong (like making a joke about Marley's mum) - but Sam's different. And I especially liked how it was Blaine who talked to Sam. I wish they had done that on the show. I hope Sam does improve, though. The Evans thing was just messed up. But also realistic, I guess, because it would've been so traumatic for all of them.
kutlessgurl90 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I got an email saying there was a story update from and it almost killed me to wait to read it since I hadn't seen the episode until just a few minutes ago. This was such a well done story, scenes that should've happened between Blaine and Sam, and Sam and Ryder. I was shocked, dismayed, any other adjective that describes how mad at Artie and Sam were reacting to Ryder's confession. They were acting like that was okay, when it's not. At all. Ever. I love everything about Sam's character until that moment, until he said he didn't see the big deal of the situation. It was wrong. I was wondering why Blaine didn't speak up, because I knew he didn't right this was right. But like he pointed out in your fic, what would he have said to make it better? The Blaine I knew wouldn't let this to, and would talk to Sam after the fact, because its not something you can go around thinking is okay. It screws people up. I wanted some reconciliation in the episode, because where they left it wasn't really acceptable to me. I'm glad you wrote this; it made me feel better.
airzy7 chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I really liked this, after Sam'd said it I was thinking about how much of a dick he was, I was hoping they would have some sort of apologetic scene, Although- Why is Blaine 19 and not 18?
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Thankyou
msashlyjudd8 chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Great job. I couldn't freaking believe what Sam and Artie said in this scene. Glad someone else found it very inappropriate.
Loki Firefox chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Thank you for writing this. I don't mind so much that Sam and Artie said what they did, because they're supposed to be kids, they don't know any better. It's Will who should have said something. That's who I'm pissed at.

Well the writers really for one: making Artie and Sam say it in the first place and two: for letting it slide when there was someone there who should have said something. It's so irresponsible.

This conversation that you wrote SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PLACE in the episode. It puts that whole thing into the right context. Not a song about the longest time or that they will rock us.

By the end of it they managed to take what could have been a talking point and made it into "Ryder's Plan to Out Katie".

Aside from handling this whole issue with much more foresight and delicacy and insight than a roomful of professionals, you wrote it amazingly well. The tension, the guardedness, the paranoia, the "how things are NOT normal"-ness. And I like how it wasn't all tied up neatly into a bow at the end of it. I don't think that Blaine's 19 but really, he should be but again, a roomful of people who are actually paid to do this decide that they need Darren Criss in Lima for another year and suddenly make Blaine a year behind Kurt. With all the inconsistencies in Glee, Blaine's age is the least of my worries.

This is what frustrates me about Glee. It's a good show with amazing potential and all that potential is wasted...on TV. Thank God for fanfiction because it gets to be realized here by writers like you.

Click "Like". Click "Share". Click "Re-Tweet". Hashtag: HowItShouldHaveHappenedInGlee
seeleyboothfan chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I'm glad you wrote this. I was completely pissed off at Sam and Artie for what they said. I thought Sam was a cool guy but, ugh RIB make me so mad sometimes.

I do like the addition of Blaine being 19 in this. I'm still of the belief he was held back a year.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
This was really good. I hated Sam and Artie's reactions. Unfortunately, it's a very common and realistic reaction. Great job!