Reviews for The Cruelest Month
CianLlyr chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Nicely done; I really like the questions in John's head about who Lennier truly was. This feels like the opening chapter of something; have you considered expanding it? Just a thought. :)
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Somehow, I think that this in the end was something that more than likely happened to Lennier, giving his life in such a way. He was complex in his own way, something I think John realized.
CroatoanRoanoak chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
As always, a well written story. It fits well with canon, and captures I think, the character's quite well. I like how you've incorporated John's adoption of Minbari customs "The man was bowing deeply, and John returned the greeting with a slightly lesser incline reflecting their relative status. "How may I be of service?" he rumbled in the traditional response". We saw shades of this in the Lost Tales. It shows John's growth in many ways. From soldier, to statesman, to Entil'zha to whatever he becomes beyond the Rim. Nicely done.
Nyt Yanse chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
A wonderful, deep look at the consequences of those choices, I can really see this being the end of that story. A great read.
NWHS chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Very nicely done. The narrative on remembrance was especially well crafted.