Reviews for A Pregnant Pause
Iceworm chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
A mpreg story that doesn't insult the reader's intelligence - it's a miracle! I read your other reviews and agree with their enjoyment of the Xander/Spike bickering. You certainly nailed that.

I found the quick witted, devious Graham most interesting. Meticulous planning, all in order to keep the likelihood of damage to Xander to a minimum, seems in character, even if we know next to nothing about his character.

We do know that he looks out for his friends. He wouldn't have forgotten who he fought alongside at the end of the Initiative. "Saving" Xander from the Initiative is the right thing to do, especially if it can get him back into the good graces of the military. It's win/win for everyone.

It's also in character that Gray is still trying to rescue his friend Riley from Sunnydale. NO man left behind.
Ann-Droid chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
I... can't... stop... laughing!
Mirlle chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Ah...this is the only male pregnancy fic I've ever read that didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. Nicely done! I hope you don't mind me adding this story as recommended reading on my fic rec site
miskatonic chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
I've not read any Buffy-fic in a long time (and that season was hardly a favorite), so I followed a strange and tortuous clicky route to arrive at this one. I've nothing whatsoever against mpreg, provided sufficient rationale is packed in the package - and yours worked just dandy for me. Covert Initiative follies! Heinous use of Paul Anka song! Go you!
Strangely, that throw-away bit of tree irony was what kicked me into uncharacteristic leave-a-review mode. (I'll tell you what, though. I half expected the line "Lately I've been strong. Too strong." to have a tag of "And seem to be gaining weight.") I shall have to come back and toss the rest of your listings at some point.
Barefoot Awards chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Congrats! This fic has been nominated in the Barefoot Awards. Please email to accept the nomination and include a link to this fic in the email for verification purposes.
MarstersLady chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Mike, that was awesome. :) Well thought out, and humorous as well.
Reader chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Absolutely hilarious, particularly Spike's singing . . .
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I really really liked this story. I wasn't sure when I read the summery, but I thought it turned out great. Bugging Xander like that is something the Initiative would definatly do. Great job.
Qw chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
LMOA! Though I've gotta agree with one of your other reviewers about the whole sanity thing, it's a brilliant madness. Kudos on the Graham voice, like everyone's said; I always just kinda ignored him but I think as I make my way through those season four dvds I might feel he's got a bit more character now. :)
Wallace chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
This plot is not the product of a sane mind.

Wonderful. Utterly fan-bloody-tastic.
Haley Teague chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
This is absoltley hilarious! I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. Wow! What a piece of work!

You knocked my socks off! I can't get over how creative and funny this is! Great job!
betty woo chapter 1 . 10/27/2002
Love the twists and turns in this story, and your exploration of Graham's character! I found the story took a little longer than I would have liked to get going (the intro section didn't have quite enough hints to hold my interest), but once it got going, it was great.
abbylee chapter 1 . 9/3/2002
How would you feel about a marriage proposal?

Seriously, great stuff. I love the twists and turns you take.
knbnnate chapter 1 . 8/23/2002
Estepheia chapter 1 . 8/23/2002
Very funny! The way Spike and Xander argue just cracks me up. Very clever.