Reviews for Failings and Misunderstandings
Everythinginasockdrawer chapter 42 . 4/12
This is truly one of the best fics I've read on here! Amazing work!
RykOakwine chapter 26 . 4/11
The way this story paints the Jounin Kakashi as incredibly incompetent as a ninja is difficult to swallow.

Kakashi fails to detect a force of a hundred enemy ninja which included mere genin, meaning mere genin hid from him and ambushed his small group.
Kakashi then failed to protect his genin, not even sending a shadow clone to fight near them to save them from the worst case scenario. The only reason his genin survived is due to obvious plot armor.
He put a sick Sakura in the hands of an enemy shinobi who he knew had motivation to hold a lethal grudge against Konoha shinobi.
He refused to stay in the same house as the helpless Sakura, instead he claimed to have a shadow clone nearby to help her. When the murderous enemy ninja decided to kill Sakura she idioticaly took Sakura to the roof where Kakashi's clone could see and he still didn't even show up, only Sasuke's "convenient" return saved the girl from certain death.
He didn't send a shadow clone back to Konoha to warn them of the impending attack on the village.
He shockingly chides Sasuke for killing without hesitation in defense of the life of a teammate.

Just one incredibly stupid action after another, all of them primarily caused by the authors wanting to have something happen but not coming up with reasonable explanations for those events. So, instead, we get obviously contrived situations which make no sense at all except with the explanation that Kakashi is a complete idiot and is, even more unlikely, an incompetent ninja.

It makes this story difficult to read. It's like it's written for uncritical 12 year olds. :/
Ixde chapter 42 . 4/9
Loved both the starting idea and the overall story; very well executed, with just enough common fanon elements that it doesn't feel like a continuos cliché. The way every single change span from something so small is one i always like to read about (Hidan and Tayuya was pure bleeding genius), and i especially love how absolutely everything you did change was connected to a specific event born from another event and so on.

Sasuke felt a little bit OOC, but i'm very willing to admit that the entire Shippuuden serie kind of ruined any goodwill i had for him at the start,so...yeah.

One thing I really wanted to point out though: I encountered this story loads of time since i started reading fanfictions, and always skipped it over because of its title. It really, honestly put me off so much that i never gave it a shot, something i'm now bashing my head in for. Anyways...yeah. Just a suggestion from a reader, take it however you will. Great job, and thanks for sharing!
Itachi, as much as i think youre awesom GO AWAY!
as much as i love this story, im a bit dissapointed by the lack of romance between the pairings.
ARE YOU CRAZY HIRUZEN! You're giving Hinata to the guy who was perfectly happy to KILL AN ENTIRE CLAN so he could STCK THEIR EYES IN HIS ARMPIT! ARE YOU LOKO!
gaara...lost? OoO
sakura doesnt really use her poions much, huh? and she still doesnt fight much.
SHIT! Orochimaru better stay the hell away from sasuke. hinato did not go though all that shit jut for sasuke to get bitten anyway!
Uhh, who wouldnt want gaara locked in their bacement? Awesom
Gaara is seriosly overdie for his arse-kicking from Naruto. I love Gaara, his my second favorte naruto character, but lets face it, he was more than a little psychotic till Naruto's arse-kicking. he needs it
oh, so he didnt summon gamabunta...:(
they finally find out. sasuke's not the only one whose suffered a difficult life. they both suffered, just...to different egrees. neither one worse or better, both bad, both sad
Awwwww, why did it have to be a shadowclone :( Now that ive gotten over the poison thing, i really like this story. I hope sasuke wakes the hell up and realises what a good girl sakura is and falls for her properly
somehow, the shadow clone jutsu feels tainted now that sasugay's used it
955 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »