Reviews for The Death of Ash Ketchum
ThatOneDwarf chapter 1 . 6/26
A little under 6 years ago I stumbled upon this story by accident. At that time, I didn't know what fanfiction was or that this website was dedicated to fan works.

This story and "The Illusions of Grandeur" changed my life. Because of these two stories, because of how thrilling and engaging I found them, I was overcome with a desire to write my own story. A desire that had me wanting to write something which managed to excite someone else as much as these two stories excited me.

I taught myself how to write, I studied story composition and framework, I learned more on my own about the English language on my own more then I ever did in school. Because of these two stories I began to write. 6 years on and I'm still writing.

Every year since discovering these two stories I have come back to reread them, and each time I still get that feeling of excitement and fun that I had all those years ago.

I realized, after reading through once more that I never posted a review for this story. As big as an exaggeration as it may seem, I can easily say that this is one of if not my all time favorite story.

Thank you for writing it, and thank you for inspiring me to begin writing all those years ago.
"ASH, NO!" sobbed Mrs Ketchum and Mr Ketchum. "PIKA PI!" shouted Pikachu. Meanwhile, Ash was about the end his life by getting a gun and shooting himself, when suddenly, a crowbar hit his neck and Ash fainted. "Rest your head, it's time for bed..." said a mysterious voice. Meanwhile, Ash's mom and dad were crying. "I should had never yelled at him!" sobbed Ash's mom. Even Pikachu was tearing up a bit. Gary, Brock, May, Misty, Ash's Pokemon, and the rest of his friends started tearing up a bit as well. Later, Ash was in a strange werehouse, inky place. Ash kept his eyes closed. "Wake up" said 3 voices. Ash opens his eyes to see 3 creatures staring at him. "Oh, your awake!" someone said. "What, where am I?" Ash asked.
To be continued...
Hi, this story is very good.I read it onece and I read it again and I read it once more and enjoyed it more than I have any other thank you for an awesome story!
Skull1412 chapter 1 . 11/18/2016
Awwwww.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
I can,t believe it if ash kitchen is dead then who was at the table?!
Larry chapter 1 . 7/9/2016
Holy sht thos was amazing i had a felling shan was ash since a quarter in but still nive work man hope u make a follow up because u made the end a clif hanger for me
wolfwhispers chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
I come back to this story every few years and still love it so much.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
This was a good read, although I'm one of the few that nearly instantly knew it was Ash.

It's an overused plot devise where the adult character goes back and meets his childhood friends completely different, you took the cliche and made it good. Some of my favourite parts were where he didn't hate his father and how he stands up for himself at some points.

It felt fairly real, also amused that his Dad also figured out it was really Ash showing he is the most familiar with his new Persona. His mom was willing to accept anything if she got him back as well.

I also enjoyed how he talked about what COULD have happened and never really made it personal, it was the only thing that made me doubt my theory a little.
putter.gizmo0815 chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
..wait, how's he dead is he's shan? xD some1 explain this to me... and I knew he was shan all along :3
koustobh.shenron chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
Now that is one of the most well-written fics according to me...but that Shan-Ash thing got obvious midway I guess...but did keep me hooked till the very end...and the title was the best attention grabber and was so very fitting...easily one of the stories I would be reading a lot in the future...
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Awesome! Really Awesome!
BJ Teague chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
This has been the best Theory I have ever read, you did an amazing job! It really made me think and I love how you set the story up with tons of flashbacks. At the end when misty say ash is dead, I think she means the old ash ketchum, the one she knew and loved.
Oo chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Y U COMMIT SUICIDE!
mother of god...
WTF?!
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Unlike many, I knew this Shan character was Ash the second I read the summary. It's not that hard to see.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
This was amazing. I enjoyed the read. Thank you so much.