Reviews for Dreamlike
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Did I read it right? I mean, did Kari just turn into Madoka?

Well, it was an interesting work, because I wasn’t even aware that their powers had practical applications (I mean, when I watched, I thought the crests were just fancy names to reflect the holder’s qualities – again, it was some time since I last watched and I’m not deep in the fandom ), but going with it, somehow it reminded me of that digimon from Tamers that could evolve others with light.

It seems that it ended being much more a curse than a blessing, because it’s sad to see her going from a normal, nice girl to an emotional wreck, even getting sick. There is a sense she doesn’t belong. Though I see that you decided to go through an indirect approach, I mean, what happened to Tai?

But the departure from Tailmon was sad, because she had already lost Wizardmon and at least she had her memories. She could even lose her memories from Kari! But she seems to have a plan. I wonder what is, keep going!
Angel of Kind Miracles chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I was a bit confused by this. I didn't really understand. Though I always felt Kari did push her own problems aside to smile for the others. I don't think Tai or T.K. would forget her though, whose Mariko? Is she no longer friends with Yolei and the others? It was an interesting one-shot but a bit confusing.
Skittymon chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I really like this story, I'm a sucker for bittersweet. So if Hikari disappeared does that mean she went to a different Digital World or she's someone else in her own world now? I can't wait for more.
MangoRamune chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
To be honest, I remained unmoved by this. It should be sad, but it's not, because nobody in the story is sad except Tailmon, and because Hikari just kind of breezes through and lets things take their course. The telling is fragmented and kind of meaningless in the sense that I can't attach to it, which is either bad or a fantastic meta-story where even the reader just kind of lets Hikari fade without remembering her. There is a lingering sense of fear and regret, but it's low-key and faded because there's no real feeling of sacrifice. We know Hikari is being lost, but what exactly is being gained? What is she breaking away from?

I don't think this is necessarily out of character for Hikari at all. Her being an extremely self-sacrificing messianic character is kind of her flaw because she invariably takes it too far. It just feels like you rolled back the character development she had due to the episodes in the Dark Ocean with Takeru and Miyako, and left her still being that quietly suffering character who won't speak up for herself until the 11th hour.

It is left kind of vague exactly why the light has to fade out to begin with, or rather why it's being dismissed. I'd have liked to see some kind of tie-in to Takeru. Their crests are always touted as being linked, so some mild resistance to forgetting, even if it manifested as nothing beyond some sensation of anxiety or feeling of having forgotten something very important on Takeru's part wouldn't have been strange. It also would have made the emotions in the story slightly less...ghostly.
crestoflight3 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
That was beautiful to read, if depressing. It's an intriguing theory...that she, connected to her crest, would fade with its own end. Good job!
endlessfun chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Very deep and very good!