Reviews for Of Wands and Staves
Elise chapter 27 . 8/8
Woah. Mind blown. Kudos.
Alexis Rinaldi chapter 27 . 8/2
Excellent story! I've never read anything about the Dresden files...but now I have a new series to purchase. :) Amazon here I come! Thank you!
Rain Shigu chapter 27 . 1/25
The story was great. And the ending even better.
knightessjg chapter 27 . 1/14
D'awwww, happy ending. For the main characters whose names don't rhyme with fumblebore anyway.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 17 . 1/5
If Dumbles and co. aren't inspiring little Harry's behaviors through mind magic, and this is just him being himself... I really have very little sympathy at this point.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 14 . 1/4
Right when I think Harry is kind of smart in this story, he goes and does... well, this...
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 11 . 1/4
I'll just plain bury your school...

That was just... That made this chapter for me.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 10 . 1/4
I'm kind of conflicted about this chapter. While I'm almost never a fan of the letter format... I think it works well here. As the readers, we've read both canon and an enumerable number of stories where "something is different." Thus, we've almost all read first year one-hundred times, and are likely board out of our skulls with it. Abbreviating these events is both refreshing and... well, I've already stated my opinion of the "letter format."

Conclusion... mixed reaction.
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 6 . 1/4
My suspension of disbelief was somewhat ruined here. There were a few things earlier. But, this is where it kind of hit home.

Even if Harry did take on tutoring little!Harry, I don't think he'd give up the fight. And, even if Marcone asked him to, I don't think he'd really WANT Harry to stop defending Chicago. The fact that Harry doesn't step out of the fight is a massive part of what makes Harry who he is. To take that way... it isn't Harry anymore.

Also, returning to earlier chapters, teleporting and making things disappear is in fact possible. As Jim has said - there are no limits to magic if you have enough power. Besides, we've seen people add and subtract mass all the time. It just gets sent or brought forth from the never never.

Too, the fact that Harry is UBER POWERFUL brings up problems. The Dresden wizards do such things as stop entire armies with a single ward or bring decommissioned satellites down out of orbit to use as projectiles. The Potter wizards - while some of their stuff is admitedly pretty high level for ones so young - only ever do small-scale things. Voldimort's ability to kill one person at a time is treated as this major weapon. But, Ebenezer can wave his staff and kill one-hundred. Then, do it again. Then, he goes off and helps out in a fight against an entire nation of vampires. I power differential is clearly in favor of the Dresdenverse, even if the complexity is in favor of the Potterverse.

That being said, I will continue to read.
BlueScreen26 chapter 27 . 9/6/2015
Don't like slash most of the time, but this one was well done. I could actually believe it for once. Nice story.
Lohoydo chapter 27 . 8/23/2015
Jim the end I did end up reading it and skipping over the worst of the slash. Overall I'd say it's a well written fix that moves at a reasonable pace.
Madam Luna chapter 27 . 8/14/2015
encore encore this story was absolutely fabulosa it is my new favourite story ever :D
Lohoydo chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
Thank you for mentioning it's slash in the description. While the description caught my interest, I do not care for slash so will be giving this story a pass. I'm just grateful the slash didn't catch me by surprise.
yuki chapter 24 . 6/14/2015
thanks for your hardwork
Steve-Arkarian chapter 27 . 6/7/2015
Super-duper awesome story! And the very end of epilogue 2 was hilarious!