Reviews for Surrender
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Really enjoyed this.
Labyrinth01 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I think this story touches on a really important milestone in our personal journeys, and that is what it is like to see our parents as human beings, not just our caretakers. As you so beautifully illustrated in this story, it is a very hard thing for a person to go through, to find out their beloved mother or father had a side of themselves, or their life, which is so different than their child's perception of their role as "Mom" or "Dad." Willie Rae was the consummate mother-sweet, patient, nurturing, always knowing the right thing to say. Brenda got spoiled by this perfect mother, and how jarred she was to find out Willie Rae had a hidden past. This was a perfect opportunity for the post-Closer Brenda, the one who is now dedicated to the living, to grow a little as a person, and come to terms with the fact that no one is perfect, not even her beloved mother. Not only that, Brenda's decision to not pursue finding her half sister shows a lot of maturity on her part; after all, when does Brenda ever let sleeping dogs lie? A really moving story, on so many levels. My heart ached for Willie Rae, and it ached for Brenda, too. In the end, though, Brenda grew as a person, and I fell in love with Willie Rae a little more.
Megan429 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This is absolutely beautiful. To think that there was a time when this was the norm. So glad things have changed.
csfan chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
That was really nice, very much in character, great dialogue, I could hear them speak and feel their emotions. Especially loved how Fritz was there for her, took her in his arms to comfort her and kissed her forehead at the end, plus Clay telling them how Willie Ray felt about Fritz when she found out Brenda was living with him. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
What a great story. I really enjoy reading stories that give us more background into Brenda's life. I can just picture her getting all mad at her mother as she is reading the letter and of course she has to get to the truth of the matter. Brenda wouldn't be Brenda without having to dig up everything she can on something until she has the whole truth.

It was a good story..