Reviews for Fall Into the River
Paul chapter 26 . 5/1
I've spent a lot of time today thinking about Cotton. In this chapter, Snow calls her a "little slip." I've never heard that phrase and couldn't find a meaning for it on a google search, but the way he says it makes it sound like 'girl' or something similar.
We know that Cotton was a dark horse victor, but we don't know why. One possibility that just occurred to me is that maybe her odds weren't that good because she was reaped at a young age, say when she was about the same age as Finnick. That and her outlier status wouldn't have done her odds that good, and it could also explain her unstable behavior and soiling of bed sheets after the games. Depending on how old she was when she won and which games she won, it's actually possible that Cotton may have been younger than Katniss and Peeta when the quell reaping came!
Assuming I'm right, her young age could account for her instability, as she had to kill at least one other tribute (or do something that caused ones death) to win, and that may have been especially traumatizing for a victor younger than normal. Also, if she had any allies, seeing them killed while at such a young age would have been pretty hard on her.
It's also been implied that Cotton isn't a rebel, and if she was still a teenager during the quell, that, and her instability, could explain it. Assuming my new theory is right (and maybe even if it's wrong), I hope Cecelia and Woof took the precaution to find her a safe house to ride out the rebellion in, otherwise her chances don't look to good.
P.S. Barring the extremely improbable occurrence of district 8 or 9 having another male victor, it looks like Cotton's the last outlier victor besides Katniss and Peeta. Hope she doesn't disappoint once you get to her and knowing you, it's all but guaranteed that she won't.
Oisin meant Cerulea, I asked him that question few months ago.
love but coral wasn't mentioned in tvp
Paul chapter 18 . 2/24
Looking back, this chapter had some subtle foreshadowing to Larissa Ferrar's rebel ties (assuming she was already a rebel during the 57th Hunger Games, which she probably was), as she knows where The Victor's Conference/rebel meeting is and guides Jason there (although he doesn't think anything of it due to her creepy -and presumably feigned - come on towards him). Once again, Hope Larissa, Adonis, Snick and Allana (or at least one of them) makes further appearances in TBOB and/or TVP, if only in a cameo.
SeaSea chapter 16 . 2/2
OH MY GOSH. I actually cried when Loomer died, and I barely cry during book deaths. This fanfic is amazng, keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 26 . 12/25/2015
That was amazing omg!
Paul chapter 18 . 10/28/2015
After reading enobaria and cashmeres chapters in TVP, I'm wondering if enobaria will kill Adonis on snows behalf to avoid a messy scandal (although I hope she doesn't)
Guest chapter 25 . 9/12/2015
you are such an amazing writer
Guest chapter 23 . 9/12/2015
ok, cora is awesome
Guest chapter 16 . 9/12/2015
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
outside the crayon box chapter 26 . 6/25/2015
I'm so glad I read this. It was so absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this. I loved it.
GryffindorOnFire chapter 23 . 6/21/2015
My god. This chapter is amazing. CECELIA DOESNT REMEBER STUFF AFTER LOOMER BECAUSE SHE WAS LITERALLY DROWNED. AND VICTORIA REMEMBERS ALL. THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH, I LOVE CECELIA 10000000000000000x BETTER NOW! YOUR WRITING IS AMAZING! SHES SO BADASS I CHEERED OUT LOUD WHEN SHE GRABBED FINCH'S WRIST!
Kiko chapter 11 . 6/12/2015
Of... gosh... I forgot who extremely good this story is it... and I came back to enjoy the best begining of the games in any story I ever read.
Emmeline Phoenix12 chapter 26 . 5/24/2015
I have been following the story for some time and I would like to say that this story is awesome. Cecelia was different how I imagined her to be. I felt sad when Cecelia had to go back into the games, but why does Cora have to die?! I have a deep respect for Cora and thought she would volunteer for Cecelia in the quell...
DauntlessProdigy4Life chapter 26 . 5/21/2015
I have to say - you are one of the best writers EVER. This was a true masterpiece. Thank you for this story.