Reviews for Pain Like Silence
RheesMag chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Love this so much!
RheesMag chapter 4 . 11/4/2016
Katherine had a unique impact on Elena last chapter. I guess only time will tell if it actually worked
RheesMag chapter 2 . 11/4/2016
Elijah tried his best with Elena, but she still needs time to sort through whatever it is she needs to go through. Very interesting when she started to think about the dog. An animal that was probably buried in her mind until it was unearthed. Also, I loved when she thought about all the different ways people say her name. With Damon and Elijah, there's respect and even something else.
RheesMag chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
You handle switched off Elena gloriously. She really could hit below the belt when she was feeling mad when her humanity was off. In some ways, she reminded me of Katherine with that behavior. Stefan was the right person to talk to her, even though she did nothing burl insults at him.
Kina Kalamari chapter 5 . 7/28/2014
Holy shite. I suppose turning Bonnie would be one way to do it, but I just can't see her ever agreeing to it. Canon Bonnie is a stubborn, opinionated little thing.

Anyway, great fic. It felt like it wrapped up a little too quickly and tidily, but I adored the first couple of chapters and I will of course never say no to Delena sweetness. :)
Kina Kalamari chapter 2 . 7/28/2014
I would just like to say that what you wrote about the way the other characters say Elena's name was ridiculously insightful, and I was just like, "Yes, yes, yes..." It's one of those things you can only ever get out of a fanfiction, because if it was said in its own canon then it would just be information but in this medium it's beautiful and rare.

Also the way you write Elijah is absolutely spot-on perfect.
Hailyebug chapter 4 . 6/12/2014
Oh Damon, his sadness and suffering kills me. I never really thought about how hard it might be for him to see Elena like this while watching the series since they just don't have the time to delve into the depth of emotion that Damon has. Instead they glazed over it with his sarcasm. This makes me think more about it and boy it hurts to see him suffer so.
Hailyebug chapter 3 . 6/12/2014
Oh, the juxtaposition of Katherine and Elena this chapter was glorious. I loved that she realized that the route she's taking to try to avoid the pain in her life is going to lead her to be just like the woman she hates more than anyone who turned out to have not one single redeeming quality, even in death. So hopefully we see a change in the tide soon and Elena can come back to herself and we can have a delightful Delena moment or two. :)
Hailyebug chapter 2 . 6/12/2014
I meant to review the first chapter but I was too quick to move on to the next one, so let me stop and say I'm seriously loving it so far :) While I hated the humanity-free Elena in the series, I love reading her character in this story. She's defiant and sassy and angry, all things the usual Elena withholds. Don't get me wrong, I still don't prefer her with her switch off but you're doing a spectacular job of writing her character for this. Off to the next chapter!
SpobyOTP chapter 5 . 5/28/2014
Awww I loved this. I loved the ending with Damon and Elena, and how he is so kind and gentle with her when it's so rare to see him like that with anyone else, and I love his use of "sweetheart" in your stories. It's awesome!
SpobyOTP chapter 4 . 5/28/2014
Poor Damon. He had to do what he had to do at the time to help Elena, but now I'm sure he's mostly living to regret it because of the hell that Elena is now going through in having her humanity turned off.
SpobyOTP chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
Katherine being there is something Elena most certainly did not anticipate at all. It's interesting though to see where this will all lead up to. I can't wait!
SpobyOTP chapter 2 . 5/28/2014
Now that Elijah is there, things will get better. He will help them (and Elena) reclaim her lost humanity.
SpobyOTP chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Awww poor Elena and Damon. I can understand him needing a break from the emotional hell of dealing with a switched off Elena, especially one who was downright nasty to him. I hope she listens to at least one of them, and is able to reclaim her humanity.
ElvishGrrl chapter 5 . 2/28/2014
Awesome. Although I sort of disagree about it not being Damon's fault...cause imho it kind of was. But anyway. You are such an amazing writer! Hope you makes loads of money publishing original fic and become rich and famous and all those things - you deserve it. Your writing is just so, so emotive. Kudos.