Reviews for Say it with Flowers
Smart Kira chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Nicely written piece of work keep it up
young dawn chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
This was so sweet and adorable. And the letter was SO Ash. I wish there were more mother-son moments like this, but you painted this one beautifully. Well done!
The PalletShipping Ninja chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
This was so sweet! You've really captured Ash's personality in his poor writing and Delia's characterisation is perfect. I haven't seen this movie but I've heard about the flowers, so this was really heartwarming to read. I feel bad for Delia when she is featured in episodes - it must be hard to be the only one who stays, what with Ash's father also being out on his journey and seldom (if ever) coming home - so I'm glad that this story picked up on that too.

I really loved reading this. It was nice for Ash to bring up his past companions in the letter too, and little details like Delia's green thumb and having Mimey for protection was a nice touch to give insight to her personality. The love between mother and son felt genuine.
pokefreak2181 chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
LiquidNitrous chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Do they actually broadcast the Sinnoh League in Kanto? I mean, the Indigo League would be a piority wouldn't it? Great story, really captured the moment I saw Delia get the flowers during the credits of the movie, well done!
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Beautiful.
Just lovely.
KaliAnn chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I like it. In the show you don't often get to see the relationship between Ash and his mom. This was sweet.
Spruceton Spook chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
It’s a sad day when I actually have to do RESEARCH to get the full impact of a fanfic. So embarrassed to admit this, but first I had to look up if I’d even seen this movie! *facepalm* Which, good news, I have! And loved! I would have loved it and remembered it MUCH more if a non-closing-credits scene of Delia was in it for real, but alas, a snowball’s gotta better chance you-know-where, right? *cries* I also had to look up what Gracidea flowers look like, but I do remember Shaymin, and how annoyingly cute it was, and the emotion it brought out in our favorite little boy, so, I feel like I had a good enough refresher to enjoy this fic to its full potential. Although, considering this was about Ash and Delia and their adorable relationship, was any other information even necessary? Teehee!

But this isn’t about me, it’s about this charming fic, this brief, heart-warming scene between our favorite mother and son, albeit through word, not presence. I’ll take what I can get! And I’m sure Delia will, too—poor Delia! But we won’t focus on that, we’ll focus on how so very happy it made me to see how Ash made her evening, bless his precious heart! There is nothing I love more than fics that showcase how young and innocent and (most of all) generous this kid is, and, as always, you manage to nail it on the head with his persona. I do still want to shake him for getting in touch with his mother so infrequently...but I’ll give him a pass this time around, because you could tell with that letter and his “over the top” gesture that his love and appreciation for his mom—as well as his regret for NOT writing/calling her that often—is genuine. I loved this allusion: “His handwriting became extra-sloppy, probably due to the energized boy barely being able to sit still to write the letter.” Awww! I can just picture the boyish scribbles! He was probably so overjoyed to send her these flowers!

And naturally my heart squealed that his letter was just riddled with typos and excited rambles! How cute is he! You really captured his pure, youthful voice very, very well, Aiselne! Though how’s this for being so dopey (why am I so intent on humiliating myself?): I SO totally thought Regigigas was an Ash-typo, the name is just so wrong-looking! LOL I love how Ash can spell any crazily-named Pokémon correctly, but doesn’t know how to spell “florist”! XD And “bohkays”! Hahahaha! That’s a valiant attempt, dear heart... Though you aren’t far off from the word “bokeh,” a photography term for a super blurry, super dreamy background (sorry, the photographer in me instantly thought of that!).

What really resonated with me was how he owned up that this wasn’t his idea. He’s so HONEST, and I love that! Ash can be so proud and haughty from time to time, but you get that he’s never this way with his mother. It shows how even though most of his most impressionable period in his life is spent away from his mom, her influence and teachings still stick with him. That shows a good mommy, indeed! *melts* It makes you wonder how many young kids go off on their journeys and just completely spiral down a bad path...

“She would call Ash, thank him, and embarrass him with her maternal cooing. And Ash would giggle, blush, and then rattle on and on about his latest news regarding the upcoming leagues and festivals.” Would love this as a sequel. Just kidding! Though, not really. :P

So, this was a warm-up to the 50,000 word Ash/Delia fic you have brewing in your brain, no? ;) Love ya, Aiselne—thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy and giddy inside with another one of your delightful works! Only complaint—wish it was longer. ALWAYS. :)
MilkywayScribbles chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
This story is very sweet and it's a great idea to make into a fanfic! I'm glad to see there's other Delia and Ash fanfics out there. Well done!
GreenPokeGuy chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Aww, this was adorable! I really loved it! :D

I guess I'd feel worried about my child if I was a parent, too. I love how you portrayed both Delia and Ash in this. :)

Keep it up! :)

-Green
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
An excellent one shot here! Great job!
Dustchu chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Good lort this was a AWEPICDARY story. I freaking loved it. :D :D AWEPICDARY writing, AWEPICDARY Work and AWEPICDARYNESS ALL AROUND! :D:D:D keep up the AWEPICDARY work :D
Infernapeblaze chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Great story ! I liked how you described that particular scene from the credits of 11th pokemon movie.
Mr. Dynasty chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
So, I really should be asleep instead of doing this (Work in four hours! Ugh...) but when I saw an email alert on my phone, I made the damned fool mistake of checking it, and now here I am, unable to resist.

I want to provide a bit of preface here, the "Mr." in my pen-name not withstanding-

I am a grown-ass man. I get on here to read and write stories just like everybody else, and that my not seem like the manliest thing in the world, but rest assured: I come with all the stereotypical trappings of an average "Guy."

I like to watch sporting events that involve explosions and violence, but I prefer that they involve both. I stare at large breasts when I'm out in public, because its hard to look away. I have more than one plaid item of clothing, and I probably would consider myself fashionably coordinated if I somehow ended up wearing more than one of them at a time.

So it is for that exact reason that I will deny anything and everything up to even knowing what fan-fiction even is, before I admit that this story made me tear up a little.

...it was only a little-And I'm pretty sure there was something in my eye anyways, so don't be too proud of yourself.

Seriously, though? This damn thing had me "Aww"ing more than a box of newborn puppies and "floorist" made me laugh so hard I nearly choked to death on an antacid, so thanks. I really loved this, though, so never doubt that. Definitely worth the wait. I'm still such a fan of your work, because you really touch on that special something, regardless of contnent-so of course when its Ash/Delia it's a no-brainer!

You're the best! I gotta get off this stupid phone now, though (so hard to type!) and try to get some sleep in, but I hope publishing this new story makes you feel as great as it made me feel reading it.

Dynasty, out!
ultimateCCC chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
An early Mother's Day special.