Reviews for Your Eyes Have Seen
otakuguy chapter 12 . 5/23/2013
Wow. It's been so long since I watched Highlander that I had forgotten about the infertility. And, ACTION this chapter, Yay! Will Xanthos try to have himself tested to see if he's immortal, or will he find out the hard way from getting too involved in the order of Taraka?

Another great chapter, cant wait for more!
Starway Man chapter 12 . 5/22/2013
Lots of action in this chapter, and I mean that in more than one sense of the word. :) Xander's scenes with Aura and Cordelia were awesome - the Methos aspect of his psyche really is influencing him a lot these days, isn't it? It was pretty good alternate version of the WML episode as well. My favorite lines were, "I believe that's enough, Xander." "She was reaching for another weapon." "Oh, well in that case, never mind." Where do you come up with this stuff? :) More soon!
tenchifew chapter 12 . 5/22/2013
Nice one.
Thank you for writing.
Jason123456 chapter 12 . 5/22/2013
yeah he used that free sample trick to get women to open there doors for him
Shisou Wolfe chapter 11 . 5/20/2013
Hopefully Willow won't be getting all cold hearted. Though I can see it for a little bit. She's got to be broken hearted right now.

Is Aura an OC? Just curious because I'm not sure how many of Cordy's friends were named.
otakuguy chapter 11 . 5/20/2013
Another great chapter. I'm glad you didn't dwell too long on the emancipation hearing. Can't wait to see what happens next!

With Oz possibly on the horizon, will we be seeing the return of the Scoobies, or will Xanthos remain the (relative) lone wolf? What does the future hold for Aura? And, whatever happened to Ford? Only future chapters will tell!
Starway Man chapter 11 . 5/20/2013
Another good chapter, and loved the Princess Bride quotes. I was hoping for my favorite, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" but those ones were good too. There's still no sign of reconciliation with Buffy and Willow, which is not surprising; but on the plus side, Xander and Joyce are getting along great, ditto with Giles. The date with Aura intrigued me; and is it just my imagination, or did Cordelia exhibit a small trace of the ol' green-eyed monster there? Anyway, I hope we see more soon.
Hacksaw Bill chapter 11 . 5/19/2013
Great chapter. Thanks.
otakuguy chapter 10 . 5/19/2013
I've been following this story since it started. Very entertaining.

Mortal Xander with Methos' memories (as opposed to, say, one of the clan McLeod) adds originality to what could otherwise be YAHF. Many fanfic authors would have had him displaying expert swordsmanship and popping up from the dead by the second chapter. More still, you haven't written Xanthos as mature to the point of boring, yet. And, you've made a major plot deviation from canon. A feat that many YAHFs fail to accomplish. Kudos!

As to the "Xander 'should just move out of his parent's house''. It's not that simple." bit, I think most people aren't saying "move out" in the legal sense. They're actually saying "run away." Which is plausible if you interpret Xander's parents as being so neglectful that they wouldn't care. That's not saying that it's the way you should have went. I am very interested in seeing how you resolve it, so long as the fic doesn't turn into a legal drama.

Also, thank you for updating regularly.

Until next time I will eagerly await your next chapter.
Ltlconf chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Howdy!

You have it right on the emancipation thing, it ain't easy. Also good know-how in the swords! Far too few who right fanfic know swords or bother to do research.
Good portrayal of Xander and making him effective. Well, you've wanked him, but LOGICALLY, and that's something. And entertaining!
Good dressing down of Buffy though, they often seemed to enable each other far too much, and that led to alot of pain down the line. Buffy often means well, but she's too close and too gentle-natured (in her weird way), not to mention far to often prone to see only what she wants to.
Though he HAS lost his "everyman" status and role in the group, and that's a lack story-wise. At least Methos' memories will recognize Faith as the PTSD victim she is and hopefully prevent the self-fulfilling prophecy that marginalizing her (as they did) will cause. And without sleeping with her cause, really, she need FAMLIY and a healthy self-esteem more than a lover by a freakin MILE!
Hope he sees that as well.

Having played with an acquaintance's bronze short sword, in my opinion the main drawback to bronze is that it's far more expensive. Sure, a little heavier and somewhat softer, but not enough to switch to early iron equivalents right off. It's also easier to work, and bronze would hold a far better edge to boot.
But iron woulda been FAR easier to get your hands one once you know how to smelt it, so cheaper and far more common. Once you get better smelting processes and then later figure out how to carbonize at least part of a weapon (steel layering), well, then it's a obvious switch!
And I've read that steel, at least a version of it, was far more common and created earlier (though they long had no clue what they had) than many commonly think. Is that incorrect?

The Cracker!
Starway Man chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Another good chapter, and that photo of the Oakeshott type XVIII looks cool over at TtH. In terms of plot development, it seems like Xander is (unintentionally?) isolating himself from everyone, apart from Joyce. That has the potential for some interesting storylines, especially since Xander's relationship with Cordelia seems unlikely to take place here. Looking forward to seeing what happens next, especially after the Gorch brothers come to town...
tenchifew chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Interesting story.
Thank you for writing.
Shisou Wolfe chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
I'm pretty sure Xander's parents don't care one way or the other. Honestly, those people should have never had kids. Though that would leave us sadly Xander-less and that's not good. :S

So is Buffy still going to be friends with Xander?

I'm pretty sure Giles is gonna be sad because he can't have Xander and Buffy spar anymore, which will suck for him.

Something must be going on at her store. Did Joyce have a store in the show, I don't remember... :S
Albino87 chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Great story

Keep the chapters coming
Starway Man chapter 9 . 5/17/2013
Some nice scenes here, especially with the 'breakup' between Xander and Willow. You showcase character development well there, as without the Old Man's influence I doubt Xander would have acted in such a manner. Well, not during season 2 anyway. I'm curious what's gonna happen to Buffy, with Joyce laying down the law to her - will she find out her daughter is dating an 'older guy' sooner than what happened on the show? More soon!
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »