Reviews for Your Eyes Have Seen
Hacksaw Bill chapter 11 . 5/19/2013
Great chapter. Thanks.
otakuguy chapter 10 . 5/19/2013
I've been following this story since it started. Very entertaining.

Mortal Xander with Methos' memories (as opposed to, say, one of the clan McLeod) adds originality to what could otherwise be YAHF. Many fanfic authors would have had him displaying expert swordsmanship and popping up from the dead by the second chapter. More still, you haven't written Xanthos as mature to the point of boring, yet. And, you've made a major plot deviation from canon. A feat that many YAHFs fail to accomplish. Kudos!

As to the "Xander 'should just move out of his parent's house''. It's not that simple." bit, I think most people aren't saying "move out" in the legal sense. They're actually saying "run away." Which is plausible if you interpret Xander's parents as being so neglectful that they wouldn't care. That's not saying that it's the way you should have went. I am very interested in seeing how you resolve it, so long as the fic doesn't turn into a legal drama.

Also, thank you for updating regularly.

Until next time I will eagerly await your next chapter.
Ltlconf chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Howdy!

You have it right on the emancipation thing, it ain't easy. Also good know-how in the swords! Far too few who right fanfic know swords or bother to do research.
Good portrayal of Xander and making him effective. Well, you've wanked him, but LOGICALLY, and that's something. And entertaining!
Good dressing down of Buffy though, they often seemed to enable each other far too much, and that led to alot of pain down the line. Buffy often means well, but she's too close and too gentle-natured (in her weird way), not to mention far to often prone to see only what she wants to.
Though he HAS lost his "everyman" status and role in the group, and that's a lack story-wise. At least Methos' memories will recognize Faith as the PTSD victim she is and hopefully prevent the self-fulfilling prophecy that marginalizing her (as they did) will cause. And without sleeping with her cause, really, she need FAMLIY and a healthy self-esteem more than a lover by a freakin MILE!
Hope he sees that as well.

Having played with an acquaintance's bronze short sword, in my opinion the main drawback to bronze is that it's far more expensive. Sure, a little heavier and somewhat softer, but not enough to switch to early iron equivalents right off. It's also easier to work, and bronze would hold a far better edge to boot.
But iron woulda been FAR easier to get your hands one once you know how to smelt it, so cheaper and far more common. Once you get better smelting processes and then later figure out how to carbonize at least part of a weapon (steel layering), well, then it's a obvious switch!
And I've read that steel, at least a version of it, was far more common and created earlier (though they long had no clue what they had) than many commonly think. Is that incorrect?

The Cracker!
Starway Man chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Another good chapter, and that photo of the Oakeshott type XVIII looks cool over at TtH. In terms of plot development, it seems like Xander is (unintentionally?) isolating himself from everyone, apart from Joyce. That has the potential for some interesting storylines, especially since Xander's relationship with Cordelia seems unlikely to take place here. Looking forward to seeing what happens next, especially after the Gorch brothers come to town...
tenchifew chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
Interesting story.
Shisou Wolfe chapter 10 . 5/18/2013
I'm pretty sure Xander's parents don't care one way or the other. Honestly, those people should have never had kids. Though that would leave us sadly Xander-less and that's not good. :S

So is Buffy still going to be friends with Xander?

I'm pretty sure Giles is gonna be sad because he can't have Xander and Buffy spar anymore, which will suck for him.

Something must be going on at her store. Did Joyce have a store in the show, I don't remember... :S
Albino87 chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Great story

Keep the chapters coming
Starway Man chapter 9 . 5/17/2013
Some nice scenes here, especially with the 'breakup' between Xander and Willow. You showcase character development well there, as without the Old Man's influence I doubt Xander would have acted in such a manner. Well, not during season 2 anyway. I'm curious what's gonna happen to Buffy, with Joyce laying down the law to her - will she find out her daughter is dating an 'older guy' sooner than what happened on the show? More soon!
tenchifew chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
Nice one.
Jason123456 chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
knowing xander and methos are show in there show i would guess he would just buy a sword of giles, and use his friendship with him to get it real cheap. but really like what you have so far
ElDani chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
You were right, the scene was great. I can just see Buffy in my mind's eye, completely scandalized as she sees Xander sitting next to Joyce, who leaned towards Xander as they continue their intimate conversation.
ElDani chapter 8 . 5/15/2013
Huh, it seems like the site has swallowed up the notice emails for the past couple of chapters, so I had a bit to catch up on. By the way, I only know of one kind of gummy bear and that is the original from Haribo ;) Prior to this chapter, I had never even hard of Disney's animated version of it. I guess you learn something new every daw.

My favorite scene in this chapter is Xander's business meeting with an older lady and I can't wait to see how Buffy will react to the "date" when she finds out.
Jason123456 chapter 8 . 5/15/2013
i will admit i forgot all about this show when i was younger i never missed a episode thanks for remind me of good old memories (gummi bears)
Starway Man chapter 8 . 5/15/2013
Nice update, and I saw the lyrics over at TtH, thanks for including them there. As for Xander's date - it's not Joyce, is it? That would be channelling Methos almost a bit too much, Buffy competing with her mother for Xander's attention. Although, from a certain POV, it's also funny as hell...more soon!
tenchifew chapter 8 . 5/14/2013