Reviews for Part Two of The Tender Trap
Guest chapter 17 . 11/8/2014
Oh thank god April finally got a word in! You have no idea how much of a relief this chapter was.
Guest chapter 16 . 11/8/2014
Grrrr DON'T LISTEN DONNIE! That's so sexist! Why do so many people assume a woman's life will never be satisfying and complete unless she has kids? There are colleges in New York City, she doesn't have to choose between her friends and college/career. And what about April's feelings? "set her free"? That makes it sound like she has no say in the matter, like she's some obedient pet obligated to provide her time and assistance to them out some kind of formal debt. April isn't like that, you can't force her do something she doesn't want to do- if she thought being the turtles friends was too great of a risk she would have up and left a long time ago. She stays with them because she cares about them, she loves their company, and they are like family to her; and she's not about to let the foot, the purple dragons, or any one else keep her from living her life the way she chooses. That's what makes April who she is. If she was the kind of girl obsessed with the fantasy of dating a guy she could stroll central park/the beach/fancy restaurants, hand in hand with, have a big fancy wedding, move to a big house in the suburbs and have a bunch of kids with, she would've ditched the Turtles and Casey a LONG time ago. 'Cuz lets face it, the only thing she and Casey have in common other than being stubborn is that they are both trusted friends with the Turtles. April didn't really have any other options, she would never want to date a guy that she felt would not be able to fully accept her friends and trust him to keep their secret. Bro's before Beaus. And April is not that shallow. To suggest that she needs to be set free is to say that she doesn't have equal say in their friendship, and that would piss her off to no end. I mean, I realize that Splinter is more old-fashioned, he was raised in a small village in Japan with more traditional values and isn't exactly in synch with the modern day American woman, but surely Donnie knows better! Grr, I really hope future chapters include April verbally kicking some Misogynist ass! (pardon my language.)
Cutegenius chapter 6 . 11/5/2014
I seriously hope April and Donnie make up soon.
Cutegenius chapter 3 . 11/5/2014
That is evil.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/8/2014
WHY do yo NOT UPDATE there's not the 21 chapter? please it's a year that you don't UPDATE! I LOVE THIS STORY...AND LEOO? UPDATE!
Guest chapter 20 . 9/18/2014
Come on. You made me cry for probably the 2 time in my life. I am so bringing a torch.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/17/2014
Me too with the song problem.
betwixtful chapter 22 . 9/11/2014
what a great ending. i wonder if splinter will ever accept him and karai. if he does, i'm sure it will be written well. i don't know how your readers did it, but now i'm going to have to wait for the next updates. i'm so glad to know that there's a part three to this story, and that it's continuing. it's more than just leonardo and karai's relationship that makes me like this story, though that's a large part of it, it's also how interesting you've made all the characters. i know i've said that before but i enjoy reading about everyone and their perspectives. thank you again for writing this story. now i'll just have to wait like i presume mostly everyone else. but man i'm glad this part ended on a happy note. the last part was just too tragic haha.
betwixtful chapter 21 . 9/11/2014
yes this has certainly been an emotional roller coaster. i'm glad april and donatello seem to have some stability. i'm excited to know what's going to happen next. what parts the 2007 tmnt movie are going tie into the story. karai's so strong, even when she's pregnant and sick and missing leonardo. i can't wait to see her track him down. and i liked the reason behind why raphael was angry, that perhaps that was because leonardo didn't fight to stay with them. it's great that he approves of leonardo and karai now. the bonds between the brothers, them and splinter , leonardo and karai, even karai and her father, are just so great. i enjoy reading how much they all care for one another, and the complexity of their relationships. this is just too great. such a well-written story and i'm glad i found it despite the roller coaster it's been reading it. for that reason- i'm glad i'm at the end! at least of part 2. and that i know what happened in the intenser parts of the story and sort of where the stories heading. thank you again for writing this story. the number of reviews the first part had attracted me to reading it. perhaps me adding to that count will encourage others to? i hope so!
betwixtful chapter 20 . 9/11/2014
i thought it was pretty cool integrating part of the 2007 movie plot into the story, and sending leonardo to south america. i've recognized the movie had some problems, but i liked it nonetheless. in fact i kind of want to watch it again after reading this chapter. so is raphael nightwatcher now? if so i'm interested to see your take on that. i'm always glad to read your take on things. this fanfic has been an interesting read, and has made me wonder and realize things about the turtles i never considered. also, is karai pregnant? haha how epic. this story gets better and better.
betwixtful chapter 19 . 9/11/2014
how strange is it that the shredder is giving karai more allowance to be with leonardo than splinter is allowing leonardo to be with karai. but the reason behind it makes sense and everyone is, i think, justified in their actions. even the shredder is doing something kind, for the most part. and i liked raphael being protective of donatello. i think he had good reason to do that as well. but i'm so glad these two had one night to be honest with their feelings for one another and to have to themselves.
betwixtful chapter 18 . 9/11/2014
okay i don't think these two are going to get together by the end of this part of the story. but being honest with each other, and finally meeting up is enough for me. i don't understand what the shredder's intention is with wanting to see leonardo. but perhaps it's alright to say he won't hurt him. great chapter and i can't wait to read the next one.
betwixtful chapter 17 . 9/11/2014
despite leonardo wanting to obey splinter's dying wish, it's nice raphael accepts him and karai. if only splinter could somehow change his mind. but so much has happened. and i liked reading karai's reaction to oroku saki being alive and having got away. hopefully thing will become less complicated for leonardo and karai.
betwixtful chapter 16 . 9/10/2014
wow, i just don't even know what to say. the conflicts in this story are so difficult on the turtles and i really feel for them. i really want leonardo and karai to get together but splinter dying, and his dying wish, is really something.
betwixtful chapter 15 . 9/10/2014
i just realized how emotionally tired reading this story has made me. but i want to know what's going to happen next. i really just glad everyone is going to make it out okay. when leonardo and karai do get to speak to one another i know it's going to be great and worth the build up to it.
423 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »