Reviews for Part Two of The Tender Trap
Taylor chapter 22 . 8/14/2014
Okay, I'm officially addicted! Ready for part 3! Keep writing!
LoveLeonardo538 chapter 20 . 8/12/2014
I knew it! I knew since the moment splinter asked April for help that he wanted a plane ticket too central america for Leo!
RedWritingRebel chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Aw, Seeker, you never disappoint! What a beginning this was. Where to beginning with my thoughts, now...

Dream sequence opening: one word... okay, two, actually: Damn nice! Brilliant way to connect this to Part one, as well as to show where Leo and Karai are emotionally at the moment.

The brothers: *silent fangirl scream* YES! I cannot say it enough, you do these turtles justice! Their personalities are so THERE. I hear their voices. I see their movements. I love love love love love love love it. Now repeat that previous sentence a hundred more times and you'll understand just how much I adore it. Leo might be different because of what happened between him and Karai, but you still kept his character; and considering the things that have happened, how Leo is now is fitting. Another thing I HAVE to mention is how awesome that breakfast table scene was. I smiled so big reading it. And Raph's "chef-y" comment and Mike's reaction to it had me laughing. Gosh, I love these boys. :D

The barn... okay, I can't really say anything on this other then: I wanna know what happened! Eep!

Splinter: wow, so many feels going on. I'm still angry at him about the part he played in part 1, but I also can't help but feel bad for him. He misses his son, misses how he was and the relationship they shared. It hits me, personally, for various reasons. Well done.

Shredder: O.O (that about sums it up. lol)

So excited to get into this story, SS! This was a wonderful start to part 2. I look forwards to reading more soon. :)
Cheers! your RWR
darkorangegreen chapter 22 . 6/22/2014
I love this ending! At the beginning it was hard reading how lonely and scared Leo is out there, but the reunion made it up for it! :)
darkorangegreen chapter 21 . 6/22/2014
I especially loved the parallelism between Karai asking Donnie where Leo is and her begging him to tell Leo that she loves him back then in part one. Only that Donnie made the right decision this time around. And I also loved that April and Donnie finally got it right. It was wonderful.
darkorangegreen chapter 20 . 6/22/2014
My thoughts on Splinter sending Leo away for one year? Madness. Just like Donnie said. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, then comes this . . .
I liked the Splinter and Mikey at the beginning of the chapter. Mikey just has a way of soften people up like no-one else. I also liked the talk with April and Karai. Their friendship is still kind of rocky but after Karai's childhood and what they both have been through, it's no surprise.
darkorangegreen chapter 19 . 6/22/2014
Damn, you killed me with Leo and Karai's reunion, it was heart-wrenching, sad, happy, nostalgic . . .and all at once. In one simple word: Perfect. Her breakdown before him, kissing his scars, his dream . . . Perfection. Simply as that.
Raph and April interaction was well handled. I especially loved the the line - Me and Casey were close. Still are. But he ain't my brother - You really hit the nail with that one.
And Saki has a strange way of thanking Leo for saving his daughter.
darkorangegreen chapter 18 . 6/22/2014
I kind of get April, thinking you're ready and then your old fears and insecurities comes crushing down on you. It's hard to let go of things you spent years of telling yourself. It's good she wants to talk with Karai about it, this really will help to sort this trough and come on terms with things. I just feel for Donnie, the poor boy thinks he did something wrong when he actually didn't. I liked Leo and April's moment at the end, he really needed something like that from someone. But I'm dreading of what Splinter's planning to do.
darkorangegreen chapter 17 . 6/21/2014
Oh, my gosh ... I'm so proud of April for seeing through this bullshit Splinter set in Donnie's mind, for finally facing her feelings for him, for being honest with him and herself ... it was long overdue. But better late than never, right? This really made me happy.
The Raph and Karai interactions were interesting and funny, but that happens when you have two short-tempered, stubborn minds in the same room and expect them not to fight or bicker.
The Leo and Karai reunion went not as expected but it's understandable after everything that happened and after what Splinter told Leo, that it would go like this. I just hope it will be better after Leo returns to her the second time.
darkorangegreen chapter 16 . 6/21/2014
Things between Donnie and April are ... tense, I would say. There's still so much they need to say and work through and Splinter isn't really helping. Again, I know he wants to protect his children, but still the way he chose to do so ... is unfair. It just don't sit well with me that he use his son's insecurities against them to achieve his goal. Raph and Karai's interaction was interesting. I liked that you delved in Raph's head and that he realized that if the roles were reserved he would done the same decisions as Leo did.
darkorangegreen chapter 15 . 6/21/2014
I liked the way Raph handled Leo in this state, you let his worry about his brother and fear that he might leave them shine through. And it's a big turn for Raph to finally accepting that what Leo and Karai had/have was real and not a deceit on Karai's part. Something Splinter still have to accept. Somehow in his protectiveness over his sons, he gets too lost in it and fails to see the bigger picture or when it's time to let go.
The Donnie and Casey moment was well done. By handing April over to Donnie it was like metaphor of finally accepting that she's in love with Donnie and not him.
Now, I can see how April first words when she woke up hurt Donnie, but there's still the fact that she doesn't know that Casey worked for the people that captured her. Mikey made me smile when he wanted an eye-patch like a pirate. He's seriously the best! :)
darkorangegreen chapter 14 . 6/20/2014
First of all, Mikey . . . he's such a hero in his own way. Raph's reaction to Mikey's wounds was heartbreaking. These two always had a special connection. I think you Leo and Saki just spot on, you're right, love platonic or romantic MAKES People do crazy things. And damn it, that Donnie didn't get to April first, but that's the way life works sometimes.
darkorangegreen chapter 13 . 6/20/2014
Previous chapter I thought these people couldn't be more cruel, but you proved me wrong. Making Saki watch how his own daughter is being tortured, is just inhuman and evil. I liked that April tried to help Karai, even though she couldn't do much to save her. You got Leo's reaction as he spotted Karai and realized what's going on perfectly to the point, it was very intense.
darkorangegreen chapter 12 . 6/19/2014
Holy shit, whoa, that's something I call revenge-obsessed people. I do too think, that that what happened to Markus was horrible and all, but this ... I have no words for this. I loved that April and Karai have formed some kind of bound here, but how could they not in this situation (seems like Mikey's somewhat right, Karai and April did team up)
darkorangegreen chapter 11 . 6/19/2014
I don't know if I told you before but you did an great job with Doctor Tsuneo. I don't know why but somehow I like that Saki has someone who cares for him, truly cares for him, no matter his crimes. Maybe I feel this way because at times you're making it hard to fully hate Saki with throwing bits of his past loved ones, his regret for not having a stronger relationship with Karai. It's really hard not to sympathize with him then.
I also absolutely loved that Leo doesn't give in easily anymore because of Splinter, that he has his goal set straight, that he knows that Splinter is wrong. Just like he said no more fighting over Karai.
423 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »