Reviews for Confessions
Great story
Alkeni chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
Nicely done.
Rick O'Shay25 chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
So, Aethyta got injured when the Citadel got closed?

Well, the word "Liar" is in "Liara".

I really do hate how I am forced to kill so many Asari in ME2.

I could think of a way to not only be merciful to Elnora, but set her on a path of redemption too.
mordreek chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
an accurate commentary on the Asari society
Guest chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
So, who exactly is Liara's bondmate? Since Aethyta uses 'she' instead of 'he'.
FasterGhost chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Never thought about the asari this way. I suppose, it is a problem if your children are irresponsible teenagers for two hundred years... so it warrants these measures.
Aethyta dying of old age is something I read several times and it still deeply moves me :-(

And yeah, that enigmatic bondmate better take good care of her! Liara deserves to be happy, even if Shepard is not there anymore.
skwishface chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Aethyta has always been my favorite asari character in the canon, seconded only by Liara. It was always just so refreshing to see an asari that would talk straight and dirty. This story is marvelousky true to both characters. And wow, I had never really thought about the implications of Matriarch Benezia having Liara so late in life. This is well thought out and developed, very intriguing.

And on to the notes!

"Maybe I'm not quite 150, maybe I'm not wired yet to be sober and responsible. " - Maybe write out the 150 as "one hundred and fifty"? The other numbers within dialogue are all written out long-wise, so may as well be consistent. The way it is now, it reads like Liara said "one-fifty" or "one-five-oh".

I assume the daimon is something that is more explained in other fics in your Memoirs continuity, so I'll leave the oddity of that alone for now.

... yeah, that's all I've got. Your grammar is pretty damn impeccable.
Full-Paragon chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Wow. That was pretty damn powerful. I think you did an awesome job of capturing Aethyta and Liara. You're description of asari society was bang on too. Very good stuff.
Mr.Vaz chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
You've done well with the characterization on Atheyta. She showed her krogan side in all the right places, and I can see her taking a certain pride in getting Liara to figure it out for herself.

Interesting way of adding Glyph (or its successor) into the story. The Shadow Broker's job is never done, and I can see it being useful for updating her covertly throughout the day. However, I'm at a slight loss for how she's keeping in contact without speaking. Mind-melding with a synthetic? Rapid eye movements translated into text and responses come over a visor? I know this one's part of your series; I wouldn't be surprised if the process was detailed in another one of your stories. All the same, this one does stand alone. I would have liked to see something that shows or alludes to it, even if it is just one sentence.

The part immediately after "daimon" spoke at the end felt a little off, with Liara's tears only feeling like an afterthought. Just feels like that part would have a little more impact if you mentioned her crying earlier, rather than drying her (before unmentioned) tears as she left.

Otherwise, it was done well throughout, with an engaging central conversation and good use of detail for the scenery. Worth a solid 8.5/10.
Joryn282 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Well, I don't really have anything critical to say about this. Not sure if I would really be qualified to do so at this point anyway. This story was really well written. The only thing that really stood out to me in regard to style were the brackets at the beginning and toward the end. Who or what is she talking to for those to be used? I don't think I've seen that used before so I'm just curious.

Anyway, the story flowed nicely and was quite interesting. I like your little look into what asari society might really be like. The idea of them hiding things about themselves builds upon how they hid ardat yakshis from the rest of the galaxy. It's just one of many secrets.

I look forward to reading more.
thebluninja chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
"they even wanted apprentice imperialists" - this makes me think of Ottoman Jannisaries, lower classes lifted up higher than the rest of the lower classes, but never quite high enough to be in the elite. That kind of thing fits so well with everything Javik said about the Protheans.

The one thing that strikes me most about Aethyta here is her very bleak outlook. We don't see much of her in the game; she's gruff and blunt, but here she seems downright *hopeless*. Despite that, everything in the game about the asari could confirm her viewpoint as much as deny it (well, maybe not the death toll; humans seem awfully prone to violent deaths in game).

Having Liara with an AI in her head is a little jarring; I know it's part of your main continuity (which I haven't but probably will read soon), but as a stand-alone it seems a little too different than ME!Liara. She's not a technophobe by any measure, but she does seem prone to the very asari trait of assuming her mind is superior, and letting an AI take up mental space is different enough to throw my immersion a little.

The story is well written, no spelling or grammar errors I noticed. The end leaves me wondering whether Shepard is her bondmate or not (the last paragraph makes me think not).
Lady Amiee chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Ah so bittersweet! The feels! This is so well written, the descriptive talent you have is wonderful. I love your style, and your Liara is amazing. Her emotions really tugged at my feel bones. You dialogue fits the scene so well, I wish I could do it like that! *Weeps at her own insignificance* I'm loving this and will be moving excitedly on to your main story! Well done on a lovely insight to Liara and her father.
Osage chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
That was a very insightful although bittersweet moment in time. I can't believe how much detail you've put into this. Everything from the surroundings by the sea to the actual inner workings of asari culture is just awe-inspiring.

Liara's dad has a tough exterior but there's a sharp mind there that's lived a millennia and knows the risks posed to her daughter. I never would've guessed how hard Aethyta's job was. It doesnt sound easy playing diplomat, bodyguard and assasin all at once but that's what she did all these years and with her gone I think Liara's world might become a little more hostile.

Thank you for such a personable look into Liara's private life. I kind of wish Mass Effect 3 had a moment like this between them.
DarthCruciare chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I have to say that I'm confused. How many years have passed since the end of the Reaper war? All I can gather from this is that Shepard is long gone, but Liara still isn't even a matron yet. From Shepard's own words, a human, even without implants, could live to be 150. With implants, it could be argued he could live to be 200 years or more. Huh. Anyway, niggling details aside, loved it. Very emotional and keeping with Aethyta's character. I AM very curious, however, who her bondmate is in this timeframe. An intriguing plot line to explore in the future. Great work.
mattcgw chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Wait, so liara never become a matron early and had kids with shepherd? It was in the codex that maidens who bond often enough could trigger their matron stage early, please let this be reconed so liara does have a child with shepherd.