Reviews for A Brutal Truth
This is really good except for the bits where you're betraying Colonial government officials as religious nut jobs. The only time we see, in the series, religion playing any part in government business is when Human civilization has virtually been exterminated, everyone has lost the majority of their families/everyone they knew and have nothing else to turn to. Why would a seasoned diplomat be quoting their religious texts at the Earth diplomat when it clearly failed the first time? Unless you deliberately want the Twelve Colonies to look like over zealous fruitcakes? Plus that comment on how the colonial military is to serious is kind of stupid. I'll admit they are too serious when comparing them to the ridiculous version of the US air force in Stargate. Cam Mitchell is practically a cowboy in space in the series. Plus the Colonial fleet have seen what the Earth ships can do so why are they continuously trying to intimidate and dismiss a clearly superior fleet? No reasonable military would do that. Also the fact that Earth is more advanced wouldn't mean the Colonies are more likely to go to war with them. They've seen what Earth warships can do and know their current technology is no match so why would they push for war unless you want to humiliate the Colonies? Earth being more technologically advanced if anything would make the Colonies want peace with them more in order to work out trade and other treaties. Also the religious differences between both states means frak all. Counties on Earth still negotiate and co-exist despite having different religions. Yes it would be a shock to the Colonies but they wouldn't go to war over it because they're not over zealous frak witts that this and fictions make them out to be.
sg07 chapter 32 . 7/24
Ok, great chapter in a great story. I love your Reunions comment and head nod to a great story. You have an excellent story here that provides alot of detail. I did skip ahead though and say for Richard Adar in the sequel you named Rick Hoffman...really? Louse Litt, the conniving little piece of # ? Why not name Obama as Richard Adar...he is pure evil incarnate. I think an unknown but weak Democrat from the US would be better suited. You had also named Rose Byrne as Kelsey Adama...hmnn. She is a really, really plain jane type of woman. I mean She is something that I can't really see as an Adama. All the Adama's also have blue eyes (even if James Olmos is wearing contacts). What about Emily Rudd? She looks like an Adama. Of course Alexandra Daddario is stunning. Glad you made a sequel!
frustratedmind chapter 26 . 7/1
The colonials camp at kobol... Why dont earth just beam their gate away? It has been done in sg-1...
Neeros chapter 26 . 6/27
I'm glad they finally fought, the situation is being handled like shit on both sides. Needed a good asskicking.
timedraven117 chapter 29 . 3/4
Tsk tsk, once again discounting beaming technology. These people aren't stupid and ill trained, they know their equipment. No need to risk firing a nuke, just beam it aboard, and boom, problem solved.
timedraven117 chapter 24 . 3/4
What the hell? Why are you depicting the Australians of all people as bumbling morons?! They're some of the finest combat troops on EARTH, and you have them bumbling one thing after the other! AS soon as she tried running, one of the Aussies should have pulled a Stunner or Zat out and shot her down! This is so dumb and redicuous I don't know what to say! HELL, the Australians would have run her down in a fucking heartbeat anyways, as she is blindfolded, her hands tied behind her back, and they know where they're going since John can just tell them.

There are better and more clever ways of making that work.
timedraven117 chapter 23 . 3/4
What you did right: The war report was generally befitting of what the Colonials could expect with one error. There is no reason to believe that Earth would have 200 ships at minimum or maximum. Instead that number should have two zeros added to it. At minimum.

Earth ah advanced technology, advanced technology also means advanced infrastructure to make that equipment, and the time to build up those ships and their fleet.

What they don't know is that Earth has very rapidly, and very expediently, gained their technology, or had it given to them by the Asgard, and have had only years to buildup sips, so the max they have(Currently, I fully expect you to have a ship a day made if the full force of earth is put behind the endevour) is around 50.

Next part thats good: Logistics and how the Pegasus is currently a very unique vessel. It will take at least decades for more ships to be outfitted like that in any reasonable number which was noted, if a bit optimistically.

I will also add that they're a bit suicidally overconfident in the upgrades to the ship. I'd estimate that at MOST the rudimentary shields they have is about 1 tenth worth of a Ha'Tak, and that's being overly generous. Them also assuming the Tau'Ri Ships have windows, (And even more insanely dumb, their bridges) at the front of the ship is foolish to believe, since its just as likely they are view screens. And even half decent ship builders would not be stupid enough to put the bridge in the front of the ship, it much safer to put it in the middle of the ship. Also we see Asgard beam weapons, one shoting Ha'Taks with fulls shields like no one's business. Those shield will merely make the seconds they would normally last into a few more seconds as their shields give way.
timedraven117 chapter 22 . 3/4
My question is, why don't the Terran's have Wraith Stunners? You have Shepherd with them, and I'm sure he would have brought a crate just in case, ESPECIALLY after they learned the Colonials were coming. You really don't have an excuse for NOT stunning her with a stunner then beaming out. Or you know, BEAMING OUT WHEN THEY SPOTTED YOU. Also since the Colonials have no way of finding out where you are hiding on the planet, you don't need to shadow their every move, you got a life sign detector on the ship in orbit to do that. I'm fine with setting conflict, its what i come to expect. But don't do it so dumbly and ham fisted to anyone even remotely aware of the setting, or even your own story.

What you've done right, is show both sides advancing (Although the colonials are advancing WAAAY too fast once again to try and make them a threat to the Tau'Ri ships, which doesn't make sense since you know, they would have made it already in preparation for possible Cylon attacks.) But advancing none the less.

The Colonial's plan to actively interfere with another plant and steal something, if found out by the Terrans will have significant political consequences that if let out will spell a huge blow to future political actions.
timedraven117 chapter 19 . 3/4
BULLSHIT!

Colonials advancing WAAAY too fast in the stargate program, it took the Terrans decades to even get a workable solution, and yet the Colonials are like "Oh it goes like this its so obvious!"

I'm very very disappointed in you man. (I can understand speeding it up, but it happening in days is very very unlikely and insulting to the Terrans.

Nitpick

NEVER EVER! (Unless its a very self aware fic written by someone actively making notations) write in parenthesis your own thoughts in the middle of your story, it breaks the suspension. A very very vital ingredient to a successful story. Thankfully, you don't do it often. Other than those two issues I'm okay.
tylermech66 chapter 13 . 1/27
actually soccer is called football by everyone but the US... yep, just like the metric system :P
tylermech66 chapter 12 . 1/26
for france, my idea is the "Jeanne d'Arc", she's still an important figure to most French, at least any who know a lick of history and who the heck all those armored female statues are of around paris :P
sg07 chapter 33 . 10/16/2015
This was an incredible story. From what I read, your a college age kid who writes. Wow. You have a gift! Don't stop writing!
sg07 chapter 5 . 10/13/2015
Why not cloak? I guess they were getting that upgrade on Tuesday? lol. Great chapter
sg07 chapter 3 . 10/13/2015
Ok, I am trying to picture the X-306 and the only thing I can come up with is an "X-Wing fighter" from Star Wars, but made to carry about 10-20 people. So say a "Super X-Wing" stealth cargo ship. Am I close?
1,027 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »