Reviews for A Brutal Truth
Despite the grammatical errors your story was fanned good until this chapter with the Athena stuff while Adama and those who are loyal to him would never go to war without reason the rest of the mobile tribes would and the ancients would know this that you have the ancients helping them goes against everything the ancients stand for as ascended beings and stood for as flesh and blood beings sadly the angel ts being the ones to help the mobile tribes is way to over used as proof the aschen and the Rolland are human races who became powerful ahead of earth despite being "younger" then the humans of earth so its possible for the mobiles to rebel or be abandoned by the Greek goa'uld and then eventually reach thier tech level ahead of earth so it makes more sense doing it that way then the cliched ancient way
Homeworld defense reports to the ioa that means they are jacks, the leader of homeworld defense, boss the ioa or the "united" government created for dealing with all matters related to space the council has the equivalent position of head of state which mean they are also "in charge" of the military in this case homeword defense its fleets and soldiers and weapons
A stargate earth would never send a ship the size of a puddlejumper for a mission with the potential for either trouble or an alliance at thebvery least they would send daedulus class ship with a scout ship or two in its hangar bays
St patches don't say stargate earth on them they have the earth gate symbol on it with sg and their team number if they are not a part of an st team then it has SGC on it instead for atargate command
Chapter 2: The constellations from this story are only stars that Greek folk lore lumped together in patterns and invented images to represent them, other than that they do not have any kind of physical manifestation other than the imagination. The patters are so vague as to be practically anything. In the cultures of other parts of the world they probably see things differently. The Japanese for instance do not see a man in the moon but a rabbit. It's all open to interpretation. As far as snakes go they are all over the sky just link up any twisting or straight grouping of stars. Constellations are stars that have no association or connection other than being seen together from the ground.
why did starbuck not just put on her radio when she found out it was a kid
PascalDragon chapter 34 . 6/18
That was a very interesting story and it's an intriguing idea that the Ancients had something to do with Kobol. The only criticism I might have is that the end of the cylons was a bit... well... quick.
I'll definitely check out your sequel though. :)

Yours,
Sven
IncandescentOne chapter 35 . 3/25
Ah the time skip, that was an epilogue Ch34 right? It had a sense of epicness to it. They came across like a more heavy handed Asguard, I guess that was the idea?

The Asguard didn't seem very threatening despite being able to demolish anyone (except the replicators I guess :( ) But with the colonials being so arrogant constantly they would likely have assumed they could match the earth fleet somehow? So a proper threat works better. It fits in nicely :D

I've really enjoyed reading this, looking forward to the sequel which I'll start right now :D

One thing I think I should point out, when you put in a lot of information, generally at the beginning of a chapter to set the scene, or the start of a scene involving a fleet, it's very hard to read.

Information is important and the detail you go into fleshes out the story nicely, but paragraphs of text 10-20 lines long are hard to read.

The eyes have trouble keeping place in them, it strains the reader to keep track of what they're reading.

So I suggest in future formatting a bit more paragraphs into the exposition sections.

I have to admit I found myself just skipping sections of exposition as they hurt my head to read and weren't strictly necessary to the story. It's a shame to waste your effort like that : /

Anyway, thank you for writing this, it was very entertaining :) Hope my advice helps.
IncandescentOne chapter 31 . 3/25
That whole squid scene was superbly written, it really got me going, I was getting tense and anxious as I read it.
IncandescentOne chapter 26 . 3/25
You do a lot of this foreshadowing stuff like 'nobody could know the implications' or some stuff at the end of a scene, it's getting kind of silly... There's two things I dislike about it:

I can tell where it's going approximately anyway so it feels a bit insulting too. Like it's unnecessary to say it because I can see the implications so I feel a bit talked down to.

It ruins my anticipation of what's to come, because you're basically telling me that there will be huge ramifications as a result of that thing in particular... so I can guess what's going to happen, which ruins it a bit : /
IncandescentOne chapter 21 . 3/24
I had another thought, they could have dialed out from Kobol to prevent dialing in, like they've done a couple times. For example with the Ori super gate. But that stops the plot progression :P
IncandescentOne chapter 20 . 3/24
I just found this story and I've been reading it avidly, it's really good and insightful! The quote at the end there really got me going, what an awesome way to include the galactica plot lines with this story. Looking back I remember the tale of what happened on Kobol and I'm impressed at the planning and integration of it all!

I also had a thought! The ancients rule of non-interference. In the case that they're already being worshipped as gods then it's an excuse to continue being so, right? Instead of a means to prevent being worshipped (I think I remember it was that, so that they don't become like the Ori?)

But then Athena's actions are potentially even further along that route. Perhaps she's seeking unification of all the humans.

But if history repeats itself and they go to war, then if the colonials conquer earth then the galaxy will end up all worshiping the olympians, right?

So directly or indirectly, empowering the colonials with her interference is a power play as it makes it means her power base of worshipers is stronger and less under threat of being convinced of the truth.

I dunno if that's gonna be part of the storyline, but I think it's fascinating :D
NightWithMoon chapter 3 . 3/16
you have her never having pizza before...and yet you mention pizza in the first chapter (picking some up on their run to caprica)...
NightWithMoon chapter 1 . 3/16
If they haven't fought the cylons in the second war why the heck would she suspect humans of being cylon? The colonials didn't know cylons had that capability until long after the second war started...
also, kelsey adama is an idiot.
tonygestaple chapter 35 . 2/17
Thanks for letting us know. Nice 'un!
1,009 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »