Reviews for Silent Misery - Repercussions and Recovery
Aussiefan70 chapter 27 . 8/15
Wow, fantastic update. Happy to see there may be some justice from all this, though I suspect there's also going to be more angst along with it.
Catherine chapter 27 . 8/7
Thank you so much for returning to this story.
It has been one of those that sticks in your mind and that you egaly await seeing the notification in my emails.

You have kept the tension and angst perfectly throughout the story so far. At points I want to weep for Gibbs as he endures then tries to survive the attack and rape. You make the reader feel his fear, pain, terror and any other emotions as we read. The chapter concerning the examination of Gibbs after the rape and the interactions was heartbreaking. The way you described the medical personnel and Gibbs initial reaction to seeing the doctor who resembled his attacker felt spot on. I have PTSD from an accident and I don't know if your knowledge of the emotional fallout and reactions to similar events/surroundings or other triggers is from experience or research, but you are almost perfect in your description.

Thank you for not writing a 'group hug cures all PTSD' as unfortunately many authors do. I see the similar sex healing tropes are sadly far too common aswell.

I know the main focus is on Gibbs and then his relationship with Fornell but Tony's story is just as powerful. I would love to read his story and his feelings of being captured threatened with rape, and the his helplessness as Gibbs takes his place cronicalled in a separate story but one that fits with this.

Your original charecters are well rounded and I could really imagine them as you gave us enough information and then let our imaginations build upon it.

I also like how you have written the rest of the team and feel you have again given them believable reactions Gibbs and Tony. You have humanised them better than the series writers.

Thank you again for continuing.
Catherine (Firemancer)
alabama chapter 27 . 8/6
I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering about an update! This story is so good - thanks for updating!
Sokerchick chapter 27 . 8/7
So glad you're still updating. I love that new chapters give me a reason to reread the story. Love it. Keep it up!
DS2010 chapter 27 . 8/6
At least they arrested the people who did this.
Lindariddle chapter 27 . 8/6
I was thinking about this story yesterday. Thank you for the new chapter. It continues to be awesome.
TracyTravis chapter 27 . 8/6
Thank you for continuing this story! Hopefully Gibbs can get some type of closure with the capture of those men.
About time chapter 25 . 1/9
Glad you are continuing the story it's been a long time
Iluvonelife chapter 26 . 1/10
Loved it. I was definitely excited to see that this was updated.
ShadowWolf's Fables chapter 26 . 1/9
Thank God Gibbs had the ghost of Franks to get his mind settled. He needed to say it out loud, even if only to himself, to make it more real. Gibbs needs to cuddle with Tony and Abby, make himself feel safe with his "kids" around. Vance has already done enough damage and needs to get gone. Fornell has some splainin' to do.
DS2010 chapter 26 . 1/9
Not surprised to see Mike's ghost show up.
TracyTravis chapter 26 . 1/9
Just came across this story and read it in one sitting...so very good!
lastcrazyhorn chapter 26 . 1/9
Yay! Fornell will make things better. Loved the kiss and Mike's reaction.
Sokerchick chapter 26 . 1/8
So glad that you're still working on this. Great chapter
Aussiefan70 chapter 26 . 1/8
I'm almost at a loss for words on how brilliant this chapter is. This is a masterful weaving of so many characters, including the one hanging out in Gibbs head...who still remains Mike Franks. No pressure, but I'm so looking forward to where you take this next. Bravo!