Reviews for Silent Misery - Repercussions and Recovery
Chantilly's Mom chapter 20 . 5/2
didn't do another thing today except read this...hope there's more soon. you surely do know how to get into a person's head.
NCISFan chapter 22 . 4/24
Good story. Please update or tell us it's on hold for the next few years.
please? an update?
Unofficial Fangirl chapter 22 . 4/3
I love this so much! I stayed up all night reading it. I can't wait for the update!

Emily
DeepBlueJoy chapter 22 . 3/29
So glad to see another chapter of this really amazing but painful story. I really wish I could read EVERYTHING you've ever written.

I look forward to reading what comes next.

Peace,

Blue
I was so happy to see another chapter! It had been awhile.

But it was well worth the wait. I liked the way you solved things with McGee and how you explained his reaction. His contrition seems real as does Tony's reaction to his apology. I was a little surprised that Gibbs didn't say much to him (McGee), but then again, he is a man of few words and his actions spoke loudly enough and his silent disapproval is probably worse for McGee than being yelled at would have been. Not to mention the self-recrimination and anger at himself the poor guy must be feeling. He deserves it, though- at least for a little bit. He really should not have said what he did, even if its understandable that he did. And Tony will forgive him. If he hasn't already. Gibbs will, too. Likely he already did, as well.

About Gibbs...it seems as if he's in a downward spiral now, poor guy. It had to happen at some point, but its still hard to read. And write too, I imagine. Once again, I'm glad that he has Fornell at his side and that Fornell is so understanding and patient with him. Also that Fornell has the good sense not to leave Gibbs alone, even though he more or less asked for it.

I'm sure Gibbs will need him again real soon. Hell, at the moment, Gibbs probably needs him and his calm reassurances and presence all the time, even though he doesn't ask or realise it. But his behaviour this chapter and the last suggested that he's probably in for a rough night, with nightmares and painful memories and its good to know that Fornell will be there for him.

I'm looking forward to your next chapter!
Still very much enjoying this story. It makes all the characters so real.
Nedra1212 chapter 22 . 2/9
Love this story! Read it in one sitting...PPS!
Rose Malmaison chapter 22 . 2/8
I'm thrilled to read a new chapter, although it's been a while so I'm going back to the beginning to refresh my memory. The whole thing is agonizing and I was concerned that Tony wasn't going to be able to get past this...or at least deal with everything he was feeling. God, all that guilt. Very well written and the love between Fornell and Gibbs is quite wonderful, they're steadfast and true. I'm sure Gibbs is going to mess up a few times but Tobias isn't going anywhere. Well done.
LAG0802 chapter 22 . 2/8
Thank you for update, it was good to see how Tony was dealing with what happened, glad McGee realized what an a &$ he was. Can hope for more frequent updates but I understand the time it takes to write and real life does not always give us the time we need.
SherryGabs chapter 22 . 2/8
Thanks so much for continuing on with this story. You're writing everyone so well in this, and I can feel the emotions and pain all are feeling. Fantastic!
mchakotayparis chapter 22 . 2/7
Awwwwwwww poor Gibbs! I sort of love/hate to see him hurting like this. More please soon
Sel chapter 21 . 1/15
Amazing and well thought out continuation! I'm not knowledgeable enough about medicine and such to tell the difference in any case, but what you are describing and how you describe it sounds very plausible. Poor Gibbs though. What happened to him was horrible. No one should ever have to go through such a thing. I'm so glad he has support- I like the way you portray him and his relationship to Fornell (never thought I'd go for it, though ;-))
Also like your portrayal of the other characters and their reactions to what happened are reasonable, too. Or should I say understandable? Because the way Tim laid into poor Tony for "not protecting Gibbs" (er, hello? Tony was beaten and bound, there was nothing he could have done. And it was Gibbs' decision) was not reasonable, at all. I could understand it, though. In a way. But he'll need to apologize. To both Gibbs and Tony. But most of all Tony. Poor guy is feeling bad enough without him adding to it.
And like Gibbs said to him- it was not his fault. I love how Gibbs protects him (all of his team really, but here it was Tony).

But though I'm happy that Tony wasn't...raped...I wish there had been a different way for Gibbs to protect him. Because as you wrote, it's not something you can simply walk away from- or ignore, as Gibbs tries to so far. And it worries me, Gibbs way of trying to deal with it- because I think the longer he tries to ignore it, the worse it will get when it finally hits him. And he will break down. Sooner or later he will. For his sake, I hope it's sooner, becaue only then he can start to heal and it's only going to be harder as time goes on.

I'm curious as to what will happen next- I hope you'll be able to update soon :-)
DeepBlueJoy chapter 21 . 1/14
Wow. that's one heck of a ride. I cannot wait for what comes next. I imagine writing this must take quite a lot out of you, but I am hoping you'll have a new chapter soon.

This story is engrossing.

Blue
DeepBlueJoy chapter 20 . 1/14
Funny how helping Dinozzo by telling him what he needed to hear led to him hearing what he needed to hear from the best person possible... Dinozzo... I think he'll hear him better than he hears anyone else.

Nicely done. Well CRAFTED.