Reviews for Cowboy Bebop - The Meaning of Life
Geon Nemesis chapter 4 . 11/23/2002
THAT IS SO COOL MAN! I LOVE IT! IT'S AWESOME!
sweetpeakit chapter 4 . 9/13/2002
Oh My gosh!

You are a very good, no great writer for putin gthings in a clear perspective. your theory may be something we can make a foundation of continuing the stories of cowboy bebop. Keep up the work. AN d hope to see the next chapter soon

sweetpeakit
Moonwhisper chapter 4 . 9/10/2002
This is interesting so far...just one thing..you have a bad habit of switching between past and present tense...makes it difficult to read. Other than that, I'm intrigued by the story and all the theories you outlined at the beginning.. Gave me a lot to ponder. I'm looking forward to more.
Penguin Addict chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
This is really in-depth and well thought out. I normally don't get into anime fanfics, this is the first. (you're also the first to get a signed review from me with my new pen name, uh, yay, eh heh)

-Penguin Addict-
oblivious chapter 4 . 9/10/2002
This is getting really interesting, with Faye going into Spike's dream world. I wasn't expecting that. Can't wait to see how all of this will develop.
Blooknaburg chapter 4 . 9/10/2002
Man! you have such excellent conclusions as to why Spike died and stuff. You are really smart, it would have taken me QUTIE a while to come you with thoes.

What is up with the thingys?this was really good and it makes such good sense. I wanna know and this whole thing leaves me with one big questiona mark sticking off my forehead. I want to know! You must update soon!

See ya soon!
Orange Blossom Nin chapter 3 . 9/5/2002
This is a pretty good story I would like to read more... as long as Julia(the bitch) is'nt in it but I suppose thats your choice just like it is every authors. by the way If you love the music of cowboy bebop you will love this website . It let's you listen to the music from all of the cd's and not just clips the whole songs! but you do need a real one player! good luck with the story!
Blooknaburg chapter 3 . 9/5/2002
Wow, this is so not what I thought that it was. as I saw your number of chapters grow I realized that it had to be something else, you helped me out a lot, don't know how yet, but you did. I have a feeling that I will read that first chapter many more times...

I like the peeks into the characters head, and the thing about Faye seacretly believing that she could live forever was awesome. I had thought along the same lines many times.

See ya soon!
snghmstr chapter 1 . 9/1/2002
your theories caught my eye, so i thought id write something and maybe end up getting a debate started but oh well anyways to the point

~MAJOR SPOILERS~

spike refered to his life as a dream a lot, i think he was making the analogy to his wreckless attitude towards life, because he didnt really care if he lived or died. He already "died" once because thats when he lost everyting he had to live for, thats how i saw it atleast.

Spike was never physically shot by julia, she just didnt escape with hem when he left the sindicate. This is why he hated vicious and kept searching for her, because his life on the bebop didnt matter to him.

Killing vicious and finding julia were the only things that mattered to him after he "died" the first time. After Julia died he just lived to get revenge on vicious, being that was all that mattered to him. I think the quote in the final battle was Spike: "julia's dead, lets end this here and now." Vicious: if that is your wish. which showed that that was all he had lived for.

The ace of spades in ballad of fallen angels was fayes sign to go for the bounty on mao. this theory is very interesting but i also think that it cannot be proven in the world they live in. running bull was the only one who was truly mystic.

Spikes soul was already dead, it died with julia so his physical body was the only thing that remained. He wanted to die, and after experiencing the violence from his life jet let him go down in a blaze of glory, just like he always wanted to. I was happy for spike when he died because thats what he wanted to do, jet realized this and let him go.

I did not write this to change your opinion about anything, only give you my theories to why spike died at the end of the series. They got everything tied up and i liked it just the way it was. okay im out, post a review or e-mail me to debate this a bit. BTW good story, it follows everything you said.
oblivious chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
You have some interesting theories here. Am I correct in assuming that you're going to focus a lot of the story on exploring the 'dream' aspect of the show? There is so much in the series that is shrouded in mystery and symbolism that many of the vague events that happened can certainly be left open to different interpretations. As for the story itself, I like the way you're describing Faye as having an 'inability' to normally interact with people. I mostly view her as being that way myself. I think she truly wanted to be friends with Spike and Jet, but just didn't know how to properly go about it. I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll take this story. Hope to see an update soon.
semtester chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
Very interesting. I think the intro was more fascinating than the story itself and original in itself. BTW, the story is well written.

For the record, I believe that Spike died at the end. IMHO, the ending is part of what makes the series so effective. However, I'm like another reviewer in that I think Spike did not face Vicious because of Julia only. I think that he faced Vicious because he had no choice. His past (Vicious and Julia) had caught up to him.

I used to not like the last episodes and while I don't think they reach the height of Jupiter Jazz, it is a session where the details have to be watched carefully. Even Jet says so at the end of "Hard Luck Woman."

Because of those details, it is open to malleable interpretation whether you believe he died at the end or not. But what I found interesting about the last episodes is how different Spike is about going to see Julia from how he was in "Jupiter Jazz." In JJ, he takes off inspite of Jet's warnings, but in "Real Folk Blues," he hesitates in meeting Julia. This time it is Faye, who gives him Julia's message as well as telling him that Julia is being hunted, (this is why I can't completely buy into portrayals of her as being completely jealous of Julia) and Jet who literally tells him to go and meet her. But I found it interesting that he needed their support by that time. It showed how much he had changed. So you are right. The series's end is open to interpretation. Spike's "dream" could have shifted and gone from his dreams of Julia, to wondering if his time on the Bebop was the dream.

Anyway, long review due to your thoughtful intro giving me things to think about. I hope to read more of your story.
Spike Spiegel4 chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
This is a nice first chapter. I like the way you have handle Faya in your story and the problems she is trying to deal with. I hope you will stay true to all of the characters in Cowboy Bebop. I wonder will you bring back ED and Ein? Anyhow keep up the good work.
Mina chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
I really liked your story. And I agree with the things that you said. I think that your story is wonderful. I also am a hopeless Spike Faye shipper. I wish that people would give them a chance to be together more offten. Please write more soon.
lee chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
the only thing i find frustrating about the ideas people use to bring spike back is people make it to complicated i mean i'm only stating my opinion but from what i saw spikes dream was that he could run from his past then julia came back and died spike realized that his enemey would never stop until spike faced him i mean vicous atacked the bebop the last refuge spike new so he went and settled the score. about the star though it could mean that spike is of course dead,but it could also mean that past life was gone and the new one remainsd. although if you get down to it the whole seires is open to interpratation.
Katie chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
I remember the very first episode of C.B. i ever saw being the very last of the series. I saw Spike die. I'm not sure how long i've been watching it now, but i have 5 dvds and only now have i come to understand Spike's demise( since i sort of watched the series backwards). i enjoyed reading your thoughts and angles on it and hope to see ch. 2 soon. :p