Reviews for A Father's Burden A Father's Gift
liketolaugh chapter 5 . 3/20
Nononono WHAT? I should have checked how many chapters there were before... now I reach the end and NOOOOO. I love this story - you put the characters together really well, and it's far more natural than most crossovers turn out. *beam* I can't wait 'til you next update!
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 5 . 1/21
This is so much fun to read. Each chapter tells a decent amount of story and contains its own small plotline, while still maintaining the story and suspense. I will not enjoy waiting for the next chapter.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 3 . 1/21
Thanks for not letting Hoenheim rescue Ed. He would have died of embarrassment at the thought. Remus is getting a much better dressing down from Van about Teddy than the canon one he got from Harry. It's kinder and makes more sense.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 1 . 1/21
I hope that when the two finally find Ed, he's fighting or doing something awesome. Better yet, I hope he punches Hoenheim. Hard.
Sam's Laptop chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
You're back! With avocados! I am too lazy to log in. This is fantastic. Bring on the sappy father-son shit. I love how you incorporated Alphonse into this.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
Wait, hang on, I don't wanna be a biscuit!

This chapter is pretty hilarious, including Ed's first not-line: "I look like a badass!" Plus your little tangent in your closing AN; I would really love to see if you're considering writing that I think it'd make a good humour or crack!fic.
Sokkasm chapter 5 . 12/21/2013
I really enjoy your story, I do. It was just really hard to read this chapter in this format.
Harryswoman chapter 5 . 12/21/2013
This was really great. I was wondering where you went! Lol
Ambiguity in D Major chapter 5 . 12/21/2013
I love your newest chapter, and was slightly disappointed to see you didn't do your idea with all five. Maybe you could make Izumi and Roy a side/sub story... Or a completely new one. Whatever, I liked it. I smiled just imagining the DEs cowering before Amestris' most scary alchemist.
Mcat9905 chapter 5 . 12/21/2013
Thank you, I've always wanted to e compared to a frozen bake good.
ElmoDaHorse chapter 4 . 11/28/2013
Hahaha, Ed that's why we all love you...:D
MadManWithATimeTravellingBox chapter 4 . 11/13/2013
Don't you just hate it when your father is more undesirable then you?
I mean really! The nerve! How dare he be more undesirable then his own son?!
CressidaRene chapter 2 . 10/17/2013
Wow, there was so much going on in this chapter-I loved it! Badass Ed is always so awesome! Him getting the best of Voldie and a bunch of Death Eaters was a real treat-too bad he didn't know enough about the extent of wizards' powers, though. Crap.

Von Hoenheim and Remus setting out on a road-trip rescue mission was awesome! Still, the way you wrote everything really makes me want to know how Hoenheim already seems to know so much about the wizarding world, including Harry Potter. I love how you balanced humor and melancholy in this scene.

Poor Edward, waking up in a dungeon in Malfoy manor! And what he was put through! I should thank you for not having the readers go through that literal torture with Ed. Just reading about it in hindsight is painful enough. Figures he'd find himself trapped with someone as dotty as Diggle.

The whole 'Lupin and Hoenheim bursting into the powder room with Narcissa was just too funny-if only there weren't such serious implications beyond their initial faux paus. Loved the way you captured Bellatrix' crazy mad personality in the final scene, and how unconcerned Hoenheim was about the whole thing!

Wow, it's amazing how you have pulled off such an action-packed and still introspective story so far, and this is only the second chapter! Oh, if I could offer one small piece of advice, though? Please add line breaks in between scene/time/location changes, as it would make it easier for the readers to know when scenes are changing, thus improving the overall flow of the story.
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I'm so in awe of your beautiful writing style, so descriptive and emotive! And the way you seamlessly weave Von Hoenheim into the Harry Potter world, meeting up with Remus Lupin again, and right after his falling out with Harry. These two men really are alike in so many ways! I love the way you've created such an air of mystery around your story, and just why/how Hoenheim and Edward are there in England, and now, separately, getting tangled up in the Wizards' affairs. It makes me want to read more, to know more of what you have planned for this story.
Aquiescence chapter 4 . 10/5/2013
Kehehehe! That last part was friggin hilarious! . I applaud you, I APPLAUD thee!