Reviews for Hall of Fame
jack63kids chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
That is a very grown-up take on their story. I wasn't thinking about what happened in the books while reading, as I was so engrossed with their tale.

I was amused, exasperated and admiring in turns by the same people, pretty much being themselves. Complex undercurrents in this one. Partly as they are so young to being going through what they did and probably would have turned out very differently if they had all lived.
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
First of all, I want to say that 'Resistance' is *that* story - the one I'm really proud of though it doesn't have much public going their way. That PM you sent me really made my week, and I'm so proud-yet-humbled that Resistance could inspire this amazing story. Thank you so much. I know this story wasn't *for* me but I still feel really grateful. Besides, there's just not enough jewish!Anthony in the fandom.

On the actual review - this piece as a whole made me cry even before Michael's death. It felt very real. I liked how you included romance, but it wasn't the focus of the story.

The line "I know you want to make it into some kind of Hall of Fame, but please don't let it be as a martyr." - it was my absolute favorite. So harsh, so rational, so Anthony... so foreshadowing, too. It reveals so much character that I'm almost fangirling over it.

This is a lot how I've always pictured interactions between Michael and Anthony, too. Michael was the brazen one while Anthony was more careful, opting to be more subtle in his resistance. But I love how in the end he came to understand Michael - how in the end Anthony tried to pray but could only say "you'll be in the Hall of Fame." It was very beautiful.

Also the line "in the aftermath of the battle, in the cold bitter sweetness of a war won and lives lost." The victory is always portrayed as bittersweet, because it was, but that line is the best way to present that setting I've ever read.

The parallelisms with Resistance weren't lost on me, and I enjoyed both the differences and the similarities.

Overall, I loved this. This is an awesome portrayal of DH-Hogwarts and the Battle. Amazing job!

*faves*
colorful swirls chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
This was great! I love the way you characterized Anthony and Michael and Padma, since we don't know much about them. I especially liked the end, even though it was sad. I got a bit confused about Anthony and Michael - which one was which, but that was probably just me. And also, I love the song Hall of Fame, and I think you did a wonderful job incorporating it. :)

colorful swirls
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
That was so moving, sad but profound and showing the steely resolve that many gained in the late stages of that terrible war. It was well written, (as ever) and told much of what was going on 'off stage' (both actions and feelings) when Harry and the others were on the Horcrux hunt and the pupils of Hogwarts were facing a daily battle for surviva,l whilst subject to horrible regime that had taken charge.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
kitkatritrat chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
How very sad. The last paragraph really hit home, although it really was a tad bit predictable. Okay, really predictable. The whole idea of having a war memorial was good. People often forget the physical aftermath of a thing like that and harp on on the emotional in writing. I enjoyed the whole "Valley of the Shadow of Death" It was a witty, purposeful mention at really fit the scene. It let me in on Anthony's character. Muttering to himself, you know? As far a stylistic preferences and SPaG, you did great. One teeny thing, though. This sentence "Oh no."-needs a comma. The whole fic displayed a scene of innocence and a bittersweet idea. Good job and thanks for writing. -Kit Kat