Reviews for A Day in Detention
Under Celestial Stars chapter 1 . 1/20
This made me cry- in a good way-. I mean, holy motherf***ing s*** on a cracker, this is good!
Aww! I was hoping for an ending where Lucy somehow managed to irk off her father so he beats her and she ends up in the hospital which leads to eeveryone finding out about him doing those things and she gets taken away from him. Good thing she is old enough to get her own apartment close to her school. Natsu takes his mom and leaves his dad while he is sleeping right before calling the police after an especially severe beating. The police pick up his dad after seeing the bruises and cuts on natsu and his mom, and now that he has saved her, he decides to move out. He tries to find a place to stay and ends up staying with Lucy, then they get married years later, yay! It was a pretty awesome slice of life story.
rhia chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Brilliant. You really have a way with words
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
awww nice
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
That was the most shaking fanfic I've ever read. Period.
Shipalltheshipsthatyoucanship chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
I LUV DIS STORI
Blessed Unrest chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
This was beautifully written. I really enjoyed the part when Natsu finally realizes that Lucy has demons of her own, that even though he's the one who is obviously shouting to the world for his father Lucy is subtly, but just as desperate for someone to see past her "perfection" and appreciate her as she is, not some mannequin of a person who happens to look like her mother. I actually didn't realize Natsu was adopted (I'm assuming within the foster system) until the last few paragraphs where Natsu describes his "mother" as number 12. It's surprisingly impersonal considering he did save her from his bastard of a "father" when he tries to abuse her (but then again that may just be his morals coming into play). As regards to the non-linear way of writing, it wasn't messy at all. When it comes to heartfelt feelings like these, there is no such thing as linearity. There's bound to be flashbacks, swivels and turns that should make the reader think a little. Like when Lucy loops back to first meeting Natsu in detention towards the end...it makes their whole encounter come full circle, a reminder that even though their life isn't a sappy romance novel they can at least empathize with each other when no one else can.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
You just hit me with a feel train, how could you?!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This broke my heart, but god it was beautiful.
Tawny chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Well that was good, interesting and not boring! Thanks
NatsuDragneel4669 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
ASDFGHJKL! SPEECHLESS. I LOVED THIS.
G.A. AnimeFan4 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
This was amazingly written...! Wonderful work!
guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This is an intense piece of art. I congragulate you on having the skill and creativity to make this and the courage to share. Please write more and keep up the good work!
NollyLvn chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
poor lucy and natsuuu T.T at least they arw together now
Katiekat-nalu lover chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I love this! Have u thought of making it into a story? I would love tht! And I think it would be rlly good!