Reviews for Night Light
Aileil chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Thank you for this view of the night sky.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Nice!
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Great interaction between Carter and Newkirk, without being overly-sweet. I really like how you have explored Carter's Sioux heritage. (as a minority myself, I appreciate the inclusion)

And the last line was typical HH and typical Newkirk.
Jennaya chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Nicely done and such emotion and friendship. Loved Carter being hesitant at first, and Newkirk's warring sides at the end.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Sweet!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
This is a great snapshot! I really love the interaction between the two, Carter's initial reluctance to explain something Sioux-related to Newkirk (and he has grounds for it! I can't watch "Drums Along the Düsseldorf" without getting the mad urge to bang Newkirk's and LeBeau's heads together :P), Newkirk initially not liking the idea of being "watched over" at all, and the final realisation that Carter's story actually is a comfort. The ending is a very effective heartwarming moment, made perfect by Carter's "Huh?"

Loved it :o]
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Sweet friendship story, without getting sentimental. I love how Carter distrusts Newkirk's assurances of not going to laugh at him.

And the story in the story itself... well, I'm no Indian (obviously), but personally I always loved a similar idea that I once read to be said by a little girl: that the stars were actually light from heaven, shining through tiny little holes in the carpet of heaven!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Another nice glimpse into Carter's Sioux heritage, and I love this phrase:

"The face of heaven had become a friendly one."

I'll remember this story the next time I look up at the Milky Way, and think of how Carter's story brought comfort to his friend.
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
As an editor, I used to tell reporters all the time that one of the hardest things to do is write short. But you are good at it - this is a nicely painted vignette. You captured the Carter-babble perfectly in your long paragraph, at once wise and naive. This description was a fine miniature of Newkirk in his quirky relationship with Carter: "his cynical and sentimental sides were at war over how to respond." Brava.
whirlyite chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
I like it. So much said in so few words.