Reviews for Plus One
mrboogie94 chapter 10 . 4/30
I FINALLY got around to reading this. I honestly was putting it off to read it in the right mindset. I love tension, and I love how uncomfortable you've made Tai since he comes off as such an alpha male in the previous chapters, so it's refreshing to read and perceive.

Looking forward to what's next!
Whyyy do the best fanfics never seem to update D:
The French ain't too annoying. It adds a touch of refinement to the overall theme. Overall, Catherine seems like an interesting character. Hope you can make her more complex.
Am really liking what I am seeing. You could try putting more detail on the relationship between mimi and Izzy. And some steamy action may be appreciated as well.
So far absolutely amazing! It's really great to see the characters brought to life. Keep it up!
Keke chapter 10 . 3/21
OMG PLS UPDATE! IM DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I LOVE YOUR WRITING!
Bee chapter 7 . 3/13
I love your writing style! I binge read the 10 chapters and I need more!
A Hidden Path chapter 10 . 3/13
An interesting thing about AUs is that the characters are meeting in new circumstances, with entirely new first impressions. I'm not sure that Hana and Taichi are seeing one another in a completely favorable light! XD The talk of name brands and "your type"s really emphasizes that. I would love to know exactly what Hana's thinking here... She sure seems to be in her element around the Palais. I wonder if that has anything to do with her confidence and upper hand, or if that's just Hana?

Oh man, nononono, Hana, no. Do NOT use your silverware for your fries. Good God! XD

I love how they seem to have this... instinctive, gut chemistry, despite basically picking at one another the whole time. Maybe Hana's emboldened by the whole "stalker" angle (ie, you're making me uncomfortable so I'm not worried about making you uncomfortable), but she feels so free to say whatever the hell she wants to Taichi, and that always implies a sort of intimacy, even if what's said isn't... nice XD For now, I'd say that Taichi is just trying to keep his feet in this conversation, but I doubt he'd pass a chance for some fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Thanks for writing :D
mrboogie94 chapter 9 . 1/4
I finally got around to reading this. EXHALE.

As much as I love reading about Tai's rocky romantic endeavours, it's somewhat hard to enjoy him and Catherine's interactions because it feels like it's always been a relationship with too much pull.. as in whatever seems to benefit the individual - which is great to explore, but the two of them have to decide if the other is worth their time lol what do they have in common?

Thanks for the update :)
A Hidden Path chapter 9 . 10/27/2015
Okay, you specifically asked about Catherine and Tai, so that's what I'll focus on.

In my opinion, the difficulty I'm having with Catherine may be that we haven't seen her acting as... just as Catherine. She's very focused on her job at all times here. In all of her scenes, she's either in the office, trying to do her job, or arguing with Tai while rushing in between job stuff. Work is important, and obviously it's very important to Catherine, but who is she when she's off the clock? What I can tell you about her at this point is that she's intelligent, capable, hard working, and ambitious. Presumably she likes the arts, also?

So it's hard to frame a convincing relationship between Tai and Catherine when we've only seen one facet of Catherine's life. Also, they haven't had a chance to truly interact thus far; it's always quick touch-and-go moments, and usually they're mad at each other. Sometimes they seem to come off almost as... rivals? Or just... two people who are drawn to each other, but also wary of one another. There's also a feeling that Tai is pining over her and Catherine just sees him as a friend, and a friend she can disappoint in favor of work, at that (obviously he's mis-stepped too, though, so I don't hold that against her). We see Tai obsessing over his relationship with her and with trying to grasp at time with her, but we don't really know how Kat feels about him. That can start to feel a bit unsavory over time.

So when Catherine is hurt by his rejection of ballet tickets and says, "Am I not worth impressing now?" it comes off as being pretty unpalatable. Especially when she then goads him with, "Fine, I'll ask someone else. It's no loss to me." It feels like she's stringing him along/ jerking him around on purpose, and I'm not sure if you're going for that or not? Or maybe it's revenge for his forgetting their last date? It just felt harsh to me, and I'm not sure what vibe you're going for.

My suggestion would be to give them a relaxed moment together. I think we need to see Kat outside of the Palais, just being herself, and we need to hear the two of them communicate when they're not mad/annoyed/rushed. Also, it would help to know more about what Kat thinks of Tai. Does she like him? Is he just, as she calls him here, a friend? (Meanwhile, Tai is all, "Sex? Sex?" XD XD XD) I think I remember Hikari claiming that Kat uses Tai, but I can't be sure. How true is that? Obviously this is all up to you though XD XD XD

Okay, how bad is it that I tried to figure out why Psyche and Eurydice would be in the same image, and also how the viewer would recognize them? XD Mythological figures are recognized either by attributes or by the scene depicted. It would be difficult to identify those two characters outside of images depicting scenes from their stories, since they lack identification objects, and if they're together, the image can't be depicting a scene from their personal narratives. Eurydice would either need to be with Orpheus, or to be shown dying with a snake around her foot, which probably isn't in the Palais? XD Psyche is usually depicted with Eros. And I am so sorry about this. I could talk about this stuff for days. It sounds really super nit picky of me, but people are super serious about their mythology, so it's generally not something you should add without checking up on things. Annoying, right? XD XD XD

Ooooh man, I'm sorry if this sounds discouraging. I love this story! It's awesome, and you should write more :D :D :D I'm looking forward to learning more about Kat and Tai, and seeing what's up with Takeru and Hikari :D :D :D Thanks for writing!
Vigatus chapter 9 . 10/20/2015
I like Catherine well enough at the moment but i am getting tired of Tai's reactions to her.
bestofbelle chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
OH WOW, this is fantastic! I don't know why I never noticed this story earlier because Digimon AUs are my not-so-guilty pleasure. ;)
You have such a great knack for writing dialogue! It all flows nicely and really captures the essences of the characters. Their interactions all feel very real to me, which is extremely hard to write, in my opinion. Amazing job! Also, I just need to say that your characterization of TK is like... adorable perfection. I can't get enough of that little muffin.
Hopefully you'll continue to update! But regardless, you'll still have a big fan over here. :)
A Hidden Path chapter 8 . 10/4/2015
Man, I feel like everyone is hiding stuff, all layered and folded in on themselves. What are these peeps thinking? I don't think I would have guessed that Hana had such a strict routine. Do the dancers really have to work so much? I would think it would put a damper on the luxurious lifestyle some of them seem to be after.

How interesting that you have this whole big world, but Taichi, Hana, Ryo, and Kat are all being pulled into the very same building! XD I don't think they can avoid running into one another over and over, so I'm interested to see how the proximity works out. Ahhh I can't believe Taichi and Kat are still going out, awwww maaaaan, I don't know how that is going to work out XD XD I'm so happy for the update and looking forward to the next one :D :D :D Thank you!
mrboogie94 chapter 7 . 5/21/2015
Your writing is not lacking at all. I personally am more picky about the pacing. Chapter 4 for example, (as much as I do love Tai/Izzy) I didn't think you needed the entire chapter to lead up to Tai finding out about going to Paris. I found that the second and third chapters had parts that were kind of trivial whenever it diverged away from Tai's storyline. Idk it's probably just me being excited about what's to come and would prefer things to move.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter! I love the energy/chemistry both girls have with Tai. Stoked to see what's to come :)
LyntD chapter 7 . 5/14/2015
I really enjoyed this story so far, and now that the other love interest has been introduced and she seems like MUCH less of a bitch than Catherine, I shall be cheering her on! Now hopefully our dear Tai can pull himself together for this!

Can't wait to see more, the story seems like it's just getting started ;)
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »